Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We face a 'trade nightmare' to land Tim Kelly apparently. That's one way of looking at it I guess.

“We won so many games we won’t be able to acquire a player that could help us win games.”

What a nightmare.

Google “Dirty Dane” on urban dictionary and if you don’t laugh at how disgusting it is then you’re better than Scotty (and me)

There were other definitions they discussed- at no time did they condone the acts described or remotely suggest they were a good idea but they did laugh. Cue s**tstorm

The outrage was sadly predictable from people who wouldn’t have even known the podcast existed let alone ever listen to it

Wow!! Just wow!!
Maybe I’m just getting old but “the ralph” sounds like a sexual assault to me
And like I said, maybe I’m just getting old, but I don’t see the humour in that

“They never will love where they ought to love, who do not hate where they ought to hate.” — Edmund Burke

Let’s *hope keys is not a “hate speech” advocate

*posts/moderation generally good, but that comment- poor form

Maximum value we can add picks alone is like 2x first rounders. He’s OOC so ball is hardly in the cats court

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Geelong can either do a trade deal with us, or lose him for nothing. Remember Judd in 2007? Similar situation here.

Except I highly doubt Kelly would 'leave for nothing' as there would be doubt he'd make it to either the Eagles or Dockers in the draft, he wouldn't want to play for anyone else but Geelong. I think he'd re-sign if a trade wasn't done.

Except I highly doubt Kelly would 'leave for nothing' as there would be doubt he'd make it to either the Eagles or Dockers in the draft, he wouldn't want to play for anyone else but Geelong. I think he'd re-sign if a trade wasn't done.

It really depends on how badly he/his family wants to come home. It's rare in the AFL that a player doesn't get to his destination and if the Eagles are offering both 2019 & 2020 first rounders the Cats would be hard pressed to say no as we get to the end of the trade period.
West Coast are a club that gets deals done so I have no doubt we'll get it done. As fans we might be disappointed with what we pay but I'd much rather pay in picks than Brander.

If something dramatic happens and he ends up in the draft another club (other than Freo) isn't going to jump on Kelly with his 4 kids if he goes in to the draft... it's not a great look and Kelly can opt to sit out for the year (unlikely but again it depends on the family situation).

Luke Ball is the last example I can think of and nobody touched him. He was staying in Melbourne and had significantly less baggage than Kelly (the only question mark was his knee and he didn't talk to any clubs other than the pies). He went for pick 30 and was part of the Pies premiership against the Saints.

It really depends on how badly he/his family wants to come home. It's rare in the AFL that a player doesn't get to his destination and if the Eagles are offering both 2019 & 2020 first rounders the Cats would be hard pressed to say no as we get to the end of the trade period.
West Coast are a club that gets deals done so I have no doubt we'll get it done. As fans we might be disappointed with what we pay but I'd much rather pay in picks than Brander.

If something dramatic happens and he ends up in the draft another club (other than Freo) isn't going to jump on Kelly with his 4 kids if he goes in to the draft... it's not a great look and Kelly can opt to sit out for the year (unlikely but again it depends on the family situation).

Luke Ball is the last example I can think of and nobody touched him. He was staying in Melbourne and had significantly less baggage than Kelly (the only question mark was his knee and he didn't talk to any clubs other than the pies). He went for pick 30 and was part of the Pies premiership against the Saints.

Oh I agree they'd likely do a deal, I was more arguing that they won't just 'accept anything' as I just don't see Kelly nominating for the draft. If we can get 2 first round picks to offer, they'll probably be open to the conversation.

The problem with Victorian players going home vs interstate is supply. A player wanting to return to Vic can nominate for the draft and pretty much guarantee getting home, so Vic clubs have to come to the party (i.e. Carlton with Judd). It's a bit harder the other way.

We need to trade a 2018 draftee that hasn't played yet, so Wililams, Foley or O'Neill. That's where the real value is. Dean Gore 2.0.

If we draft someone and they play and don't immediately dominate (Petruccelle, Brander, Cameron, Venables) then they rapidly lose value. Any forward not getting a game ahead of Darling and Kennedy as a teenager should be de-listed really.

We could pass Foley off as a Enright type off half back.. haha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kelly ‘s got a family friend Parker at St Kilda and Pickett at Richmond if he wanted a trade he could get comfortable living in Melb ..And catching up with heaps of WA boys ..

Kelly ‘s got a family friend Parker at St Kilda and Pickett at Richmond if he wanted a trade he could get comfortable living in Melb ..And catching up with heaps of WA boys ..

Except, once again, that's not what he is interested in. Every time he is interviewed, he talks about loving Geelong. If he's going to be in Victoria, it will be at Geelong. He'd re-sign there rather than go to another Melbourne team. He'd only leave if it was because he could get back to WA.

Last edited:

Yeah, it's not about friends, it's about family support for his wife and kids.

Except, once again, that's not what he is interested in. Every time he is interviewed, he talks about loving Geelong. If he's going to be in Victoria, it will be at Geelong. He'd re-sign there rather than go to another Melbourne team. He'd only leave if it was because he could get back to WA.
Exactly, I can hardly imagine they would be interested in uprooting whatever nascent support network they have managed to develop in Geelong just to start all over again in Melbourne.

Yeah I’d be prepared to give up whatever picks they wanted from what we have at the moment, last year was sketchy as we’d only seen a years work. Probably start at our first and second and go from there.

I’d draw the line at giving up players (unless it was a 2018 draftee, as they were the picks we offered them anyway), because they’d be severely undervalued as part of the trade, ala JK. Pick 3 and 20 was the trade, JK was the cream.. and it’s pretty clear which of those turned out best. Not implying it’ll end up exactly the same as the Judd trade, but from that example it shows how overrated draft picks are, especially outside the top 10 as both our 2019 and 2020 firsts are likely to be.

I’d much rather “miss out” on a potential gun that was picked at 16, when its speculative whether we take that guy anyway (Wellingham trade for the pick that became Grundy comes to mind).. than trade out someone we wanted, developed and had plans for, who is looking like he’ll be quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back