Preview Round 16, 2019 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind Nick running around in defence on Sunday giving Cameron the Campaigner something to think about all day.

I thought Nick was really stiff to be dropped following his game against Carlton and he's responded in exactly the manner you would expect of someone as professional as Nick.

I really do hope that we get stuck into Cameron though.

There is also a part of me that thinks for players suspended for say more than 4 games, the last of those suspended games should be held over to when they next play that side that the offence was committed against. I appreciate the obvious implications of say finals games and the fairness etc., but I still don't think it is right that Cameron just gets to play against us after what he did last year.

Witherden not named on ground intrigues me, still sick ? or maybe says something of where his game sits this season would've thought if coaches were happy pre illness he'd be straight back in

Witherden not named on ground intrigues me, still sick ? or maybe says something of where his game sits this season would've thought if coaches were happy pre illness he'd be straight back in

Nothing in it. Will play. Clear best 22, although I am excited to see our best 22 backline as:

Witherden Andrews Dizzy
Answorth Adams Starc

Rotating Rich + Bailey off the bench/wing.

When you consider that Sandilands has been selected this week after playing no football at any level for 12 months, playing Adams on the back of two reserves games isn't such a huge call.

Watching last week felt Adams needed another week. I think Bez will be better for the run looked to blowing hard last week and without the usual zip. I not too concerned about the changes but can we leave Harris in defence. He is the best defender in the league, let’s not look a gift horse in the mouth.

One thing that stood out at the ground is how physical Adams was. He really built into the game and even when forward was very aggressive and showed his speed. If he's trained well and is for then this is the oerf game for him. Walker didn't impress me in the twos. He took great marks but was very lazy defensively. There was an effort in the first in particular where he was jogging and didn't compete. Was better in the second half but its efforts like that when the ball has hit the ground that makes me rather take the punt on Adams now after he's got a few runs on the board. Even if that meant playing him forward.

What if he becomes an even better forward?
Then we need to figure out cloning real bloody quick because he's too good to not have in the back line! That big one handed outstretching movement mid-jump he did a few games back at the Gabba still replays in my head from time to time.

Then we need to figure out cloning real bloody quick because he's too good to not have in the back line! That big one handed outstretching movement mid-jump he did a few games back at the Gabba still replays in my head from time to time.
I think that's right ,he's important to our structure now.

Just looking ahead if Adams turns out to be a gorilla we could really provide nightmares for the opposition. Remember when great key position backmen like Roos, Knights ,Silvagni ,Grant ,Quinlan, Glendenning amongst many others went forward for periods and really created mayhem.

From that list you realise they need to be good. But we can dream maybe Harris can get near that class.

Just looking ahead if Adams turns out to be a gorilla we could really provide nightmares for the opposition. Remember when great key position backmen like Roos, Knights ,Silvagni ,Grant ,Quinlan, Glendenning amongst many others went forward for periods and really created mayhem.

From that list you realise they need to be good. But we can dream maybe Harris can get near that class.
Dougy Searle.....not to sure how many Bernie played back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. We can play without him down there like we did after Cameron showed him what an elbow looks like close up, but he's just so good at reading the game. I love watching him at work.

And on the topic of nightmares for the opposition, just think what our backline would be like if Justin Clarke was still playing too.

Nothing in it. Will play. Clear best 22, although I am excited to see our best 22 backline as:

Witherden Andrews Dizzy
Answorth Adams Starc

Rotating Rich + Bailey off the bench/wing.

This is interesting, puts a little pressure on Mitch and Rayner with Rich and Bailey further up the ground. Competition for spots heating up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

that's my nice quiet(ish) spot now that the German Club is always rammed
funny you say that , I refrained from coming on here a few times and mentioning that place in the past for the same reason.
It's a bit of a hidden gem.
Our secret.
I did alright last time playing the Kiss pinball, just sayin.

Earlier in the thread we talked about the AFL media not giving us a go. Wayne Carey in tipping said - Brisbane could have played any other club last week and would have lost, Melbourne played their worst game for the year. I do hope we beat GWS, flying under the radar is good but as f**'s says we need some nourishment that we are being taken serious.

Earlier in the thread we talked about the AFL media not giving us a go. Wayne Carey in tipping said - Brisbane could have played any other club last week and would have lost, Melbourne played their worst game for the year. I do hope we beat GWS, flying under the radar is good but as f**'s says we need some nourishment that we are being taken serious.

Having read his bio, it's obvious that much if not all of his AFL career, was played under the influence of drugs of one kind or another.

Not exactly a role model. Then again, these days he'd put up the suggestion that he had "emotional issues", etc etc

This is such a BS comment by Carey. Compare their effort to St Kildas last week? their effort had character. We had a bad first half with mistakes, turnovers, missed shots. But it was a great win. It wasn't pretty by any measure but the contest was being widely praised as a bruising, tough, intense affair. some people were saying 'best game of the year' on social media while it was unfolding. After a bad first half, we then came good and steam rolled them in the end. We would have beaten most teams around us in the league with that effort at the Gabba. Melbourne played ok in parts, their intent was great, they just lack finish ATM.

I heard Whately repeat a few times throughout the week, "that was deplorable from Melbourne, they were horrible on the weekend" it's just a bad take. They were not horrible. Both teams lacked polish but it was a ripper, I have watched the replay 3-4 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back