Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

sauce

if true he can still play in the bye week vfl game as it will be 8 games by rd 23

yep spot on. I was about to look up the VFL fixture but that would be my take on it.

if he is any chance he would have to play in the bye week of finals in the VFL to see how he goes.

He is not coming back this year hence why he has been placed on the LTI list.

What more confirmation do you want.

that isn't totally true.

it's probably a fair assumption, but not 100% confirmed.

there is still a minor window for it to happen.

come round 23 egg goes back onto rookie list, Rance could play VFL in the finals bye week (if we make it) and then play AFL.

EDIT: Unless the LTI rule is whole season and not 8 weeks.

that isn't totally true.

it's probably a fair assumption, but not 100% confirmed.

there is still a minor window for it to happen.

come round 23 egg goes back onto rookie list, Rance could play VFL in the finals bye week (if we make it) and then play AFL.

EDIT: Unless the LTI rule is whole season and not 8 weeks.
24 weeks between games after an ACL is not going to happen and even then he would need to return to full scale training which will lower it even further to around 20 weeks which is utter craziness.

As it stands he has only been out for 15 weeks in what is traditionally a 40-52 week injury.

24 weeks between games after an ACL is not going to happen and even then he would need to return to full scale training which will lower it even further to around 20 weeks which is utter craziness.

As it stands he has only been out for 15 weeks in what is traditionally a 40-52 week injury.

I don't disagree that it is crazy, but it has been done before as recently as last year with Goldsack so we can't fully discount it happening again just yet, and to be fair the club hasn't publically discounted it yet either (assuming the LTI is 8 weeks and not season)

that is really interesting.

so putting him on the LTI based on the above is far from discounting him from a return, it's more a strategic move to get games into Egg as his form has been pretty good and this was the only way it would work.

Not saying he will definitely play, but I still don't think the club has fully shut the door on this if the LTI is only a 6 week minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll find that the club in their wisdom wants to take the wind out of Rances sail.Eager to get back this season could have the potential to do (dare i say it)re-injure it again.

if they wanted to do that why wouldn't they just come out and categorically say no he isn't playing again this year?

to date no one has done that.

I don't disagree that it is crazy, but it has been done before as recently as last year with Goldsack so we can't fully discount it happening again just yet, and to be fair the club hasn't publically discounted it yet either (assuming the LTI is 8 weeks and not season)
Placing him on LTI at this point in the season is pretty much announcing he is not coming back without officially announcing it if you know what I mean.

Placing him on LTI at this point in the season is pretty much announcing he is not coming back without officially announcing it if you know what I mean.

not being rude but no i don't know what you mean,

all it is saying is he can't play until Round 21, which IF he was going to make a comeback would be about the timeline he would have to get some kind of football into him anyway.

so it hasn't really changed anything at all other than it allows Egg to play a few games based on his form.

if he wasn't coming back, why not officially announce it? put it to rest once and for all?

there is nothing to gain by stringing him along if they know he isn't going to play.

for the record I don't think it is likely at all that he will play, but until the club states 100% he isn't playing this year I think there is still a very small window of opportunity as they are refusing to shut it down.

That aligns exactly with the last round - so he's technically be available for the first final.

Maybe they just wanted to remove all media speculation leading into the last few rounds? I'm not saying he's gonna play, but just removes the distraction either way I guess.
If so...prolly a smart move then! has Balmey's fingerprints all over it!

not being rude but no i don't know what you mean,

all it is saying is he can't play until Round 21, which IF he was going to make a comeback would be about the timeline he would have to get some kind of football into him anyway.

so it hasn't really changed anything at all other than it allows Egg to play a few games based on his form.

if he wasn't coming back, why not officially announce it? put it to rest once and for all?

there is nothing to gain by stringing him along if they know he isn't going to play.

for the record I don't think it is likely at all that he will play, but until the club states 100% he isn't playing this year I think there is still a very small window of opportunity as they are refusing to shut it down.
Everyone assumes he is out for the season so there is no reason for the club to announce it so by placing on LTI at this time of year is pretty much saying he is gone for 2019.

What was one of the reasons why the club didn't initially put Rance on the LTI list, because they were leaving the door open for a return sometime this season if things progressed well. If he was still a chance to return he would not be on LTI pure and simple, by placing on LTI that door has been slammed shut.

Everyone assumes he is out for the season so there is no reason for the club to announce it so by placing on LTI at this time of year is pretty much saying he is gone for 2019.

What was one of the reasons why the club didn't initially put Rance on the LTI list, because they were leaving the door open for a return sometime this season if things progressed well. If he was still a chance to return he would not be on LTI pure and simple, by placing on LTI that door has been slammed shut.

Sorry but I can't agree with that.

Regarding your bolded bit, 3-4 days ago we have Dimma in a pressa saying he is progressing extremely well, way ahead of schedule and can't believe how well he is doing and is really pushing to make himself available and did anything but shut the door on that happening.

he had the chance to shut it down and didn't, why?

and putting him on the LTI hasn't shut the door at all given the rule stipulations.

It's providing the ability to make an assumption, but it isn't factually closing the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back