VFL 2019 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Add Wilkie & Marsh to the primary list, add 4-5 from the national draft & trade in 2. I think we make around 8 list changes.
Just spent some time playing with the possibilities

Yeah, I can see that.
cooperg not far off the money then.

But I gotta say, that leaves the list considerably weakened.
Armitage, McCartin, Roberton and Steven quality will not be replaced in 2019.

Yeah, I can see that.

Armo has been average for a couple years and Paddy hadn’t done anything yet we can replace them , but Robbo and Steven huge outs Hopefully Steven plays next year for us

Armo has been average for a couple years and Paddy hadn’t done anything yet we can replace them , but Robbo and Steven huge outs Hopefully Steven plays next year for us
I hear what you are saying but:
If we’re replacing them all with picks #68, #95, #113 and #131 then, no.
We’re going to hurt.

I hear what you are saying but:
If we’re replacing them all with picks #68, #95, #113 and #131 then, no.
We’re going to hurt.
We will get back into the draft we did last year 🤞

That news doesn’t inspire confidence.
Great to know we’re topping up the list with picks #95, #113 and #131 or whatever.

Not quite, the picks squash up because most sides aren’t picking so it’s more like 60s, 70s, 80s. But your basic point definitely holds, it’s tough to get quality that late in the draft.

That said, we’re not heaps worse than this year. Those guys we’re losing haven’t played anyway. Robbo, Paddy, Jack, Armo, Longer, Pierce etc are effectively not on the list this year so we’re no worse off without them.

Also, part of the reason I’m not particularly fussed about who coaches us next year. The list will be weakened.
The list on paper maybe weakened but in reality it wont be any different to this year as most of those blokes never played , what it will do is make them play Coff, Hunter and all the other young blokes which they should be doing anyway as some of our seasoned guys are taking us no where fast

Not quite, the picks squash up because most sides aren’t picking so it’s more like 60s, 70s, 80s. But your basic point definitely holds, it’s tough to get quality that late in the draft.

That said, we’re not heaps worse than this year. Those guys we’re losing haven’t played anyway. Robbo, Paddy, Jack, Armo, Longer, Pierce etc are effectively not on the list this year so we’re no worse off without them.
Man its not that bad , the 80's were cool times , as apposed to pick 80 , thats not cool in any way

And we’re going to finish bottom four with a sweet as draw.....

The list on paper maybe weakened but in reality it wont be any different to this year as most of those blokes never played , what it will do is make them play Coff, Hunter and all the other young blokes which they should be doing anyway as some of our seasoned guys are taking us no where fast
My answer to bergholt also applies here.
We’re going to finish bottom four with a sweet as draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

axmTUVT.png

q4ENGgi.png

Won't be there next year:

Pierce
Joyce
Rice
Longer?
McCartin
Dunstan (traded)
Armo (Retired maybe)
Roberton (Retired)
Rowe (Retired)

That's 8 spots right there. Reason it isn't 9 is because Rowe replaced Bytel who goes back on.

Also potentially-
Brown
Austin
White
Stuv (retired)
Carlisle (traded)
Acres (traded)
Phillips (delisted)
Marsh (delisted)

May never happen not sure what else he needs to do. Very frustrated for him. Its becoming a sick joke playing armo and newnes ahead of his. **** you choey
Hello Dolly
It's so nice to have you back where you belong (in the midfield)
You're lookin' swell, Dolly
We can tell, Dolly
You're still glowin', you're still crowin', you're still goin' strong! (in the contest) ...

IMG_0430.JPG

Yeah, I can see that.

Roberton has had his role effectively replaced by Wilkie, and others like Paton seem to do ok as well. I'm not concerned there.
As has been suggested, Armitage has been gone for some time. Great in 2015, OK 2016.. then nothing. One of the reasons we slid back.
Its debatable if McCartin was ever best 22, King 2020 may do more than Paddy ever did. His number one pick doesn't mean he was good.

Steven is the big issue. Having Hannebery could help though.

Its like we are treading water though, every time we get someone decent , something happens to one of the other players.

Drafted players are not ready made though.
If a player is leaving this year, we need to have their replacement 3 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back