Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone still interested in following this chap's fortunes, it seems he still can't take a trick!!:

Great shame.

Body too often inured to know what might have been.

At least he got to play I think it was 2 games of senior footy.

I dare say, that’s 2 more than most.

Fantasia told essendon that he wants to return to south australia

Fantasia signed a 2 year extension last august.

Fantasia says that he has no idea what he is going to be doing next week.

Great shame.

Body too often inured to know what might have been.

At least he got to play I think it was 2 games of senior footy.

I dare say, that’s 2 more than most.
I’ve played more than 2 games in the black and white stripes.
Normally about 3am and there’s drool on the pillow.....but hey, I starred!

Fantasia told essendon that he wants to return to south australia

Fantasia signed a 2 year extension last august.

Fantasia says that he has no idea what he is going to be doing next week.
Xbox is fun.

I’ve played more than 2 games in the black and white stripes.
Normally about 3am and there’s drool on the pillow.....but hey, I starred!
Sounds like Jailbreak AC/DC

BringouttheGimp, I am downsizing and I have found quite a few good coat hangers, you interested?:)
Garage Sale coming up, some never used. Would be perfect for your designer clothes.:D

I'll think about it.. still need to unwrap the 30 or so shirts I bought on impulse re.

Question for mods. Is it possible for a mod to always start the preview and game day threads?

If an ignored member starts it the thread disappears.

There seems to be some taboos around posting, Critical questioning of the clubs choices are a part of being a supporter to me and my interest in this forum. I don't understand why posters asking or giving opinions on these choices are getting attacked for that. Trolls are one thing, I have no problem there. I do have a problem with the consistent infighting amongst regular posters. Get over it you mob, ffs. Ignore each other or acknowledge some sort of twisted love hate relationship and find a private space. The ethics are so clear here, we all get to express our opinion. Neither the haters nor the lovers have some sort of high moral ground to dismiss or degrade the others comments. Thats my take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There seems to be some taboos around posting, Critical questioning of the clubs choices are a part of being a supporter to me and my interest in this forum. I don't understand why posters asking or giving opinions on these choices are getting attacked for that. Trolls are one thing, I have no problem there. I do have a problem with the consistent infighting amongst regular posters. Get over it you mob, ffs. Ignore each other or acknowledge some sort of twisted love hate relationship and find a private space. The ethics are so clear here, we all get to express our opinion. Neither the haters nor the lovers have some sort of high moral ground to dismiss or degrade the others comments. Thats my take.

I was upset with some of the conversation around Beams, but only because it was taking place in a thread started to talk about Dayne's depression and his decision to step away from the game. I suppose that, in that thread and on the same day that Beams has revealed himself as a mentally 'broken man', I felt that the discussion of his value wasn't right for the occasion. Posters have spent months talking about the merits of the trade, and will undoubtedly talk about in for years, but my own sense was that the time and place should have been left for wishing the bloke the best and for hoping he comes back and makes the most of his talent.

I suppose I reserve the right to put that view forward, and at the same time I don't deny anyone else's right to criticise the imperfections of the club and some of its decisions. The Pies don't always get it right, so it's fair enough that people point out that fact, and it's a time-honoured tradition among supporters to blather and sook about such things. I do it as well.

Anyway, you're right that there's no moral high ground, or if there is then I don't occupy it.

I was upset with some of the conversation around Beams, but only because it was taking place in a thread started to talk about Dayne's depression and his decision to step away from the game. I suppose that, in that thread and on the same day that Beams has revealed himself as a mentally 'broken man', I felt that the discussion of his value wasn't right for the occasion. Posters have spent months talking about the merits of the trade, and will undoubtedly talk about in for years, but my own sense was that the time and place should have been left for wishing the bloke the best and for hoping he comes back and makes the most of his talent.

I suppose I reserve the right to put that view forward, and at the same time I don't deny anyone else's right to criticise the imperfections of the club and some of its decisions. The Pies don't always get it right, so it's fair enough that people point out that fact, and it's a time-honoured tradition among supporters to blather and sook about such things. I do it as well.

Anyway, you're right that there's no moral high ground, or if there is then I don't occupy it.
Fair enuff. Actually it wasn't so much the Beams conversation, though it certainly fits the bill, rather the post match discussion. Everyone was pissed we lost and seemed to take it out on each other. I don't its thread worthy but just wanted to take my pissed offness about the loss and the whole situation and this seemed a good target.:)

Fair enuff. Actually it wasn't so much the Beams conversation, though it certainly fits the bill, rather the post match discussion. Everyone was pissed we lost and seemed to take it out on each other. I don't its thread worthy but just wanted to take my pissed offness about the loss and the whole situation and this seemed a good target.:)

Ah yep, the post-match. Well I was as disgusted as anyone, could barely verbalise it...so congrats to anyone who managed to cobble together any coherent sentence in the aftermath of that ****storm.

Yeah I often find myself on tender hooks or self censoring if I want to say something negative for the torrent of personal judgements I may receive and found even putting a controversial statement out delicately as I can muster can attract a beat down... people should just stick to facts or not comment if they don't agree with something.

It would be so boring if we were all forced to toe the party line at all times and not go against the grain, sometimes half the fun is going out on your own and taking the hits.

Salty Malty re-writing history to suit his narrative once again...……..…...poor Nanette.

Sacked: A thrilling new podcast series as AFL coaches of the past tell their stories
What really happens when an AFL coach loses his job? So often we see careers end in brutal fashion. Now, we’ve invited a host of big names to tell their stories in our thrilling new podcast series.
Herald Sun
July 5, 2019 9:33am

Mick Malthouse lifts the lid on what really happened to him at Collingwood

Salty Malty re-writing history to suit his narrative once again...……..…...poor Nanette.

Sacked: A thrilling new podcast series as AFL coaches of the past tell their stories
What really happens when an AFL coach loses his job? So often we see careers end in brutal fashion. Now, we’ve invited a host of big names to tell their stories in our thrilling new podcast series.
Herald Sun
July 5, 2019 9:33am

Im soooooooooooooooo anxious to know what really happened.

It’s never been discussed, like ever.

I’m wondering has it been discussed 5 or 6 times, and in all the excitement I kind of forgot myself.

But the story is so powerful, the most powerful story in the world, it could blow my head clean off....

So am I feeling lucky, am I a punk?......

I gots to know?

Click.

Son of a b......

Right, I guess I’ll take that as a no to my initial question.
Sadly that is a no. Happened to me on another forum when I first joined. If I didn't log in I could see it but when I logged in disappeared.
Naively asked chief why and he replied if they are on ignore, they stay ignored once logged in.
I don't have anyone on ignore much as they annoy me, just skip over their posts, (not on this board).
Gets easier after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back