Preview Round 16, 2019: North Melbourne v St.Kilda - Blundstone Arena, Sunday 7th July, 3:20PM AEST *BILLINGS' 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough mate. At least you've made a fair point rather than just complaining lol. I don't think he is up to it, personal opinion of course, but I agree with you that if he were to get into the side I too think Sav is the weak link down there and would be first replaced.

I'm comfortable with where it sits anyway. If White is delisted I trust the football department have a good idea of him as a player and judging by our history on delisted players we don't make too many (if any) mistakes.
I think the selection process has been compromised a bit this year as well. Our lack of experience would definitely be influencing who gets selected.

Imagine looking at the back 7 with no Robo, Gears, Webster and Carlisle. Your left with Brown and Kids really if you drop Sav, still I think it’s time. Savs form has started to waver and White deserves a go.

The other selection that was forced was Wilkie. Richo had said he wasn’t even on the radar until one of the preseason games and with injuries. He gets his opportunity and has done very well.

Well personally, I like to go what I see, and with White I see a constant performer at VFL level who then performs at AFL level then doesn't get a chance to settle for a few games.

All the while Newnes gets 123 straight games of bland nothingness, DMAC never gets dropped, Savage does less than SFA year in and year out and Armo, for all his efforts is cooked.

I am calling it as I see it. White is no Ledger or Tommy Walsh, and is certainly better than some of the above.

While others are given chance after chance White is left to rot. In my opinion, and it is an opinion formed over multiple VFL games this year.
WTF?

You gone all Dunning on me?

My world is shattered.

Nothing hurts more than being let down by your idol.

I believed in you kenty.

Now I have nothing...

Is he really that bad? I know he's turned up out of sorts in preseason's past, but surely that can't be the ONLY factor. Is he a lazy trainer, arrogant, gets team mates off side, has a bad attitude generally, or all of the above? I'm thousands of miles away so I don't get to see any sessions, or know any inside info. I know that when he DOES play, he makes the side look a little less s*it. So I'm curious. I'd like him to stick around...but I doubt that happens.

Having met him he comes across as confident but prickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he's being punished for not being enough of a lad.

Well said. Spot on. He did us a favour. Depth in any key position, last minute with 2-3 days notice!

I hope it happens R22 at the MCG against Carlton haha. That'd be a fitting tribute for him.

Agree?

Just off topic (slightly), but when the season is well and truly gone, and when the Cho has either left the building or is in some sort of coaching coma attached to a life support system, I would not be against giving Sam Rowe the 1 game he needs to bring up his AFL ton.

The guy has been through a lot in life and the Blues left him stranded on 99 games. We then picked him up just before the season started which caused angst for the suburban club he had signed on to play for, and meant he had to suddenly work his guts off to get back to AFL fitness levels. He’s obviously come in and played an important role at Sandy, particularly with the unexpected loss of Longer and Pierce in the rucking stocks. Seems like a good bloke.

Like many fans, selection integrity is key to me.

But regardless, if I see Sam’s name in the 22 before the end of the year I will not be complaining and in fact will feel quite happy about watching him run through a celebratory banner

From my view point he seems to be knocking down the door and deserves an opportunity. I’d give him a shot in front of Sav, but that’s just me.

No, not just you.

Stats Insider rate us a 27% chance to win (I guess that's better than zero?!), but also a 54% chance to cover the 24pt line.
Predicted score: 92-71

Plenty of good VFL players out there. Hard to make the transition to the AFL and White is clearly a prime example. 11 games over nearly four full seasons unfortunately just won't cut it. And the football department has a pretty good idea of our list in terms of who is good and who isn't. Haven't seen one player under Richardson's tenure get delisted and be a success at another club. More than likely they aren't good enough. I'd rather Coffield in his place anyway.
Again, and I feel like I'm repeating myself here, it's not his ******* fault if he plays well in the VFL and doesn't get selected. He's even played well at AFL level and then been discarded to the side like a used condom by Richo because he's not dumber than dogshit unlike old mate Daniel McKenzie. Don't ever tell me that White isn't AFL quality if Daniel ******* McKenzie can get a regular game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back