Round 16 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker's omission (assuming Hately will also miss out) has stuffed me - either risk Gawn, accept a mid donut this week or not have enough trades to complete my defence so have to loop logue and duursma

Not a great set of choices.....

I'm thinking mid-donut will have to be the go, bring in Lycett for Daniel as that provides ruck cover for the rest of the season. Roll obrien into a premo mid next week and get Whitfield the week after.

Crunch time - feel like this carnage is going to be season defining..... this week was going to be finish the team, now its limp on through

7 trades and $310K in bank

2 main issues to deal this:

1. Gawn late out
A. take a donut if it happens
B. D. Moore > Westhoff (sit westhoff at F3 this week in case) - Moore out with groin and was going to trade next week anyway. Westhoff ongoing cover.
C. Bines > Z. Clarke - R3 and thats it
D. Gawn > Grundy (would do this if its likely to go into a 2nd week but who knows)

2. Possible mid donut (have daniel, cripps, Baker and Hately)
A. Cripps > Sloane
B. Daniel > Sloane
C. Baker > Sloane (will finish mids once cripps back)
D. Daniel > Boak (if no trade from 1)

So money wise can afford:
ruck donut / gawn>grundy + baker > sloane
OR
moore > westhoff + daniel/cripps > sloane

Any other options that I'm missing?

Last edited:

Howdy campaigners.

I have $195,500 in the kitty and 3 trades left.

What does everyone think I should do this week?

A) Trade Burgess > Westhoff and put Westhoff at R3 to cover Gawn.

B) Save the trade and use the money to go Hore > Whitfield in a week or 2.

C) Burgess > Chol to keep building up the war chest.

Screenshot_20190705-100506_SuperCoach.jpg Screenshot_20190705-100515_SuperCoach.jpg

Howdy campaigners.

View attachment 703486View attachment 703487
Hore to whitfield might get you an extra 30pts a game (240pts for season), where as Burgess to westhoff gives you ruck and fwd cover that could make the same if you use him in 3 games.

Hore to whitfield might get you an extra 30pts a game (240pts for season), where as Burgess to westhoff gives you ruck and fwd cover that could make the same if you use him in 3 games.

Yeah I'm thinking the forward\ruck cover will be important so am kinda leaning towards the Hoff.

I've currently got Worpel at F6.... He has been a very consistent scorer and you can bank on 85-95 weekly.

Question is, should I turn him into Marshall?

Or am I better off using that money to turn Hore into Hurn/Whitfield? :think:

Just base it on your guess of averages. And the cost.

I’d guess:

Worpel 90
Marshall 110
Hore 85
Whitfield 115
Hurn 110

So hore to Whitfield sounds good to me.

Gday Lads,

I am new here and this is my first ever post.

I’d really appreciate some feedback / thoughts etc.

I’m only after league wins and really stuck trying to decide from so many options.

Some of the trade options I have been playing around with buy shot myself in the foot, to many good options to chose from.

Was thinking about keeping Cripps for the extra one week but need to win league match this week

Buy 1 or 2 rookies this week and focus on the upcoming $$ or complete either Forwards or mids today?l

- Trades 8
- Bank $176K

1 - CRIPPS + ROZEE >> J.CAMERON + LYCETT

2 - CRIPPS + HORE >> J.KELLY / PARKER + STEWART / RYAN

3 - CRIPPS + HORE >> DUNKLEY / MARSHALL + LYCETT (Mundy to fwd)

4 - CRIPPS + HORE >> HURN + ZIEBELL

5 - ANSWERTH + ROZEE >> NAISH + LYCETT

My apologies in advance for too much info, it’s just doing my head in to decide like never before....SuperCoach gotta love it and hate it it’s a sickness :)

2bd2d8ab21b7fee3956553d1262fd07f.jpg

fe3705067286c322098845ad5f4f154b.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Howdy campaigners.

View attachment 703486View attachment 703487
I'd be going for the Hoff cover JM. Your only "reliable" cover on any line is Clarke in the mids and knowing Woosha he'll drop that campaigner for Myers next week. With only 2 trades left after bringing in the Hoff with his ability to cover 2 lines (effectively 3 because you have a DPP FWD in the mids) in the last part of the year is pretty valuable IMO especially given how the SC gods love to go in dry around finals time

Gday Lads,

I am new here and this is my first ever post.

I’d really appreciate some feedback / thoughts etc.

I’m only after league wins and really stuck trying to decide from so many options.

Some of the trade options I have been playing around with buy shot myself in the foot, to many good options to chose from.

Was thinking about keeping Cripps for the extra one week but need to win league match this week

Buy 1 or 2 rookies this week and focus on the upcoming $$ or complete either Forwards or mids today?l

- Trades 8
- Bank $176K

1 - CRIPPS + ROZEE >> J.CAMERON + LYCETT

2 - CRIPPS + HORE >> J.KELLY / PARKER + STEWART / RYAN

3 - CRIPPS + HORE >> DUNKLEY / MARSHALL + LYCETT (Mundy to fwd)

4 - CRIPPS + HORE >> HURN + ZIEBELL

5 - ANSWERTH + ROZEE >> NAISH + LYCETT

My apologies in advance for too much info, it’s just doing my head in to decide like never before....SuperCoach gotta love it and hate it it’s a sickness :)

2bd2d8ab21b7fee3956553d1262fd07f.jpg

fe3705067286c322098845ad5f4f154b.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What about Answerth + Parker > Chol + Lycett/westhoff? (swing Rozee to def)

Gives you ruck cover, fwd cover plus keeps cripps. In a couple of weeks upgrade Logue/rozee to whitfield.

I'd be going for the Hoff cover JM. Your only "reliable" cover on any line is Clarke in the mids and knowing Woosha he'll drop that campaigner for Myers next week. With only 2 trades left after bringing in the Hoff with his ability to cover 2 lines (effectively 3 because you have a DPP FWD in the mids) in the last part of the year is pretty valuable IMO especially given how the SC gods love to go in dry around finals time

Cheers mate.

Yeah I think the Hoff makes the most sense for me.

Eventually I will get a $102k M\F on my mid bench so I can play one of my other F\M premos in the midfield if need be so the Hoff can cover the 3 lines to the maximum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate.

Yeah I think the Hoff makes the most sense for me.

Eventually I will get a $102k M\F on my mid bench so I can play one of my other F\M premos in the midfield if need be so the Hoff can cover the 3 lines to the maximum.
That's pretty much what I've done this week as well. The DPP is just so valuable heading into this part of the year. I mean I'm still ****ed this week if Clangerfield ends up being a late out but that is the campaigner of a game we play :moustache:

Looking at Caleb Daniel and Hore/Smith out this week. I think I will cop the donut if Gawn is a late out, as with my limited trades unsure the value in bringing Westhoff in.

Unfortunately I am 7k short of Hurn and Marshall/Walters.

Options are (with leftover bank)

1. Hore > Hurn & Daniel to Ziebell (52k) or Billings (63k) or Hawkins (131k)

2. Hore > Stewart(50k) or Rich(48k) or Williams (1k) & Daniel to Marshall/Walters

3. Hore > Crisp (27k) or Sicily (49k) or Salem (17k) & Daniel to Dunkley

4. Smith > Hurn & Daniel to Ziebell (22k) or Billings (33k) or Hawkins (101k)

5. Smith > Stewart(20k) or Rich(18k) & Daniel to Marshall/Walters

I think looking at those options its a toss up between Hurn & Ziebell or Stewart/Rich and Marshall/Walters.

Would need to decide on Hore or Smith to upgrade too. Smith has lower BE but is really struggling. Shame I cant trade both this week

Any suggestions?

Crunch time - feel like this carnage is going to be season defining..... this week was going to be finish the team, now its limp on through

7 trades and $310K in bank

2 main issues to deal this:

1. Gawn late out
A. take a donut if it happens
B. D. Moore > Westhoff (sit westhoff at F3 this week in case) - Moore out with groin and was going to trade next week anyway. Westhoff ongoing cover.
C. Bines > Z. Clarke - R3 and thats it
D. Gawn > Grundy (would do this if its likely to go into a 2nd week but who knows)

2. Possible mid donut (have daniel, cripps, Baker and Hately)
A. Cripps > Sloane
B. Daniel > Sloane
C. Baker > Sloane (will finish mids once cripps back)
D. Daniel > Boak (if no trade from 1)

So money wise can afford:
ruck donut / gawn>grundy + baker > sloane
OR
moore > westhoff + daniel/cripps > sloane

Any other options that I'm missing?

View attachment 703483

I reckon Moore -> Westhoff and Daniel -> Sloane via Dunkley is probably the best way you can go about this. Gives you ruck cover, avoids the mid donut and keeps Cripps who I wouldn't want to be a POD against me in the later part of the year. Also puts Setterfield at F7 due to swinging Dunkley down which is huge given the cloud over Danger this week

I reckon Moore -> Westhoff and Daniel -> Sloane via Dunkley is probably the best way you can go about this. Gives you ruck cover, avoids the mid donut and keeps Cripps who I wouldn't want to be a POD against me in the later part of the year. Also puts Setterfield at F7 due to swinging Dunkley down which is huge given the cloud over Danger this week

Cheers. Just tried it but then I'm one short in the mids if Hatley misses. I can make by trading out O.Baker instead of Moore, but also could trade out B.Scott who will not be playing. It would be a good way to move on Scott but wondering if the 50K Baker has will be needed down the track.

Will still cop a donut if Gawn and Danger are late outs.

Last edited:
Cheers. Just tried it but then I'm one short in the mids if Hatley misses. I can make by trading out O.Baker instead of Moore, but also could trade out B.Scott who will not be playing. It would be a good way to move on Scott but wondering if the 50K Baker has will be needed down the track.

Will still cop a donut if Gawn and Danger are late outs.
My mistake, for some reason I already thought Crippa was on your bench when I suggested what I did. In that case yeah I would trade Baker instead of Moore and just use Scott as a permanent loophole of sorts given you'll be floating the Hoff around. Makes it harder to cover both Danger and Gawn this week though like you said... not sure if my small brain can find a way around that one :moustache:

EDIT: you could trade Baker -> Hoff via Setterfield to mids and then Daniel -> Sloane via Dunkley. It doesn't give you a F7 for random Danger out but covers Gawn and pretty sure gives you full midfield. I haven't had much sleep so apologies if I've overlooked anything

Last edited:
Might blow all my cash on turning Dylan Moore and O Baker into Chol and Bontempelli.

Will cop a zero if Gawn is out, but so will my main opponents I think.

Probably need to find a bottom price MF room so I can use Robbie Gray (or Heeney) as Fwd/Mid coverage for balance of season.

Hoff option is ok, but he plays before I know which of Danger or Gawn is gonna miss, so not sure he helps so much.

With ROB sitting at R3, im sort of hoping for a late Gawn out.
Might help me stay in touch, given the carnage I'm looking at in other areas.
How come you hadn't cashed ROB in yet?

My mistake, for some reason I already thought Crippa was on your bench when I suggested what I did. In that case yeah I would trade Baker instead of Moore and just use Scott as a permanent loophole of sorts given you'll be floating the Hoff around. Makes it harder to cover both Danger and Gawn this week though like you said... not sure if my small brain can find a way around that one :moustache:

EDIT: you could trade Baker -> Hoff via Setterfield to mids and then Daniel -> Sloane via Dunkley. It doesn't give you a F7 for random Danger out but covers Gawn and pretty sure gives you full midfield. I haven't had much sleep so apologies if I've overlooked anything
If Hately somehow manages to get named, then I'll switch setters and danger with the e on hatley for cover so all good. Or we find out about Danger before Hoff plays but then I'm stuffed if Gawn out. Its all a bit mess...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back