Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks. Having listened to it, I'm not concerned. Brad Hill would like to move back to Victoria next year or the year after or in a few years. About as vague and non-fixed as you could get.

I guess it got me clicking on their tweet and watching their news.
If BHill’s partner is clucky for kids, then he’ll be going soon.
I make no judgement on them as they need to do what’s best for themselves.

Thanks. Having listened to it, I'm not concerned. Brad Hill would like to move back to Victoria next year or the year after or in a few years. About as vague and non-fixed as you could get.

I guess it got me clicking on their tweet and watching their news.
What part of B Hill wants to move back to Victoria soon is vague to you?

Think you're living with your head in the sand. Whether he goes this year, next, or the year, he's going

The 7 news is all these clubs could, would, should. A few quotes from Young:
"One day his partner would go home"
"One day they will have children"
"You would think whether it's this year or two years, his partner will come home"
"in the right circumstances"

None of that is "his partner is going home and Brad Hill will be following".

Would, you think, one day.

One day, I will be retired.
One day my partner will go to Hawaii.
You would think whether it's this year or two years, I'm rich.
in the right circumstances.

If that big deal is in front of Stephen Hill then we would be looking at band one free agency compensation. That would be pick #12 currently.

Let's say St Kilda came for them both. Throwing huge money in front of Brad. St Kilda have pick #5, but he is contracted for two years so we won't move the best winger in the league for less than two firsts, but he makes them a lot better next season.

Brad Hill traded for #5 and #14
Stephen Hill free agency compensation pick #12
Langdon traded to Melbourne for #21

Leaves us with #5, #11, #12, #21, #29

I don't think we would be very competitive next season.
Yeah which is why we would try and get some players back in for at least 2 of those picks. Jack Martin?

The 7 news is all these clubs could, would, should. A few quotes from Young:
"One day his partner would go home"
"One day they will have children"
"You would think whether it's this year or two years, his partner will come home"
"in the right circumstances"

None of that is "his partner is going home and Brad Hill will be following".

Would, you think, one day.

One day, I will be retired.
One day my partner will go to Hawaii.
You would think whether it's this year or two years, I'm rich.
in the right circumstances.
Rip the bandaid off, he's going either this year or next, guaranteed.

Really not worried.

Can't see us not offering S.Hill a contract or why he would move to GC unless they offer millions more. B.Hill contracted for 2 more years, and it sounds like a sometime in the future he might go back job. We should be trending up and the Hawks are trending down (assuming that would be the natural connection, maybe not though). I don't think the impetus from his side sounds really there at the moment.

If he does move we can most likely effectively replace him with Kelly given the currency and salary it would return. Not as good outside but better inside. I think it would hurt us temporarily especially if Stephen cannot come back to 100% but it's not like we're going to lose out given he has 2 more years of contract which is a huge trade plus traditionally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought T Kelly for B Hill would adequate.
Honestly, I think its the only way we let Brad go this year. Kelly is worth more, obviously, but you arent getting anything close to Hill's value from WC and HIll is contracted for two years so we arent letting him go without getting paid.

I can see it getting done

I thought T Kelly for B Hill would adequate.
Not to me, Geelong is an hour drive from Melbourne. Like, err. Too far. Eww.

Plus Brad is contracted and Freo could get a top ten pick +++ from a Melbourne team and still offer more to Geelong for Kelly in trade than West Coast without touching the Brad Hill compensation.

Not to me, Geelong is an hour drive from Melbourne. Like, err. Too far. Eww.

Plus Brad is contracted and Freo could get a top ten pick +++ from a Melbourne team and still offer more to Geelong for Kelly in trade than West Coast without touching the Brad Hill compensation.
It's 3.5 hours closer than Perth is, in his gf's eyes.

Tim Kelly would be the silver lining in the situation, and not having to do another painstaking deal with another team re: Brad for a top 10 pick, before sending it to Geelong would also be worth something too.

It's 3.5 hours closer than Perth is, in his gf's eyes.

Tim Kelly would be the silver lining in the situation, and not having to do another painstaking deal with another team re: Brad for a top 10 pick, before sending it to Geelong would also be worth something too.

If Brad has a $4m+ four year deal on offer from another club then I want their first round pick for the next two years. I wouldn't pay that for Tim Kelly.

Rip the bandaid off, he's going either this year or next, guaranteed.
No way. Until it happens it hasn't.

I'd be telling him we expect to be doing big things next year and he's a massive part of that. Also a lot can happen in 12 months to help a person feel settled and the club (along with generous wealthy benefactors should any be out there) can be as active as they can to help that process.

I do find going across boards is funny. You've got people saying that Hill is the same player as when he left, or, they would give more than a late first or early second and I find it hard not to bite. Then I come back here and JMT is saying Naughton and their first and I realise every board is the same so I should probs cool it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back