Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, he’d probably rates McGrath as elite and heading towards A grade status
Worpel is tracking well, and ahead of most around him in the draft
Well he’s a one of the most elite crabs ever seen.

Almost as elite as this one...

0B367895-C63F-48AD-AC6A-754FF22E713E.jpeg

Rioli magic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dodgy run AFL rumour page warning

Geez, imagine if you had the opportunity to select Taranto in the draft and didn’t take it...

Endurance beast already matching it with some of the best mids in the comp and rated highly for his leadership already - that must really sting all the clubs who overlooked him and are left with players half his quality.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geez, imagine if you had the opportunity to select Taranto in the draft and didn’t take it...

Endurance beast already matching it with some of the best mids in the comp and rated highly for his leadership already - that must really sting all the clubs who overlooked him and are left with players half his quality.
Or clugga...hardwick is better than McGrath and he was pick in the second half of his draft lol

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but considering how well Carltank played without Cripps last week, if they do the same again this week, I'd suggest we offer to take Cripps off their hands at the end of the year. The logical conclusion would be he's the reason Carltank have been stinking it up all year. Second rounder should do it, yeah?

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
I rate McGrath as a player as much as I rate Blake Hardwick, good player but heavily overhyped due to being a no 1 pick and the media agenda pushing everything positive about Essendon since they got suspended for attempting to cheat.

Yeah, when I watch him play he's like the Tassie Devil when he runs with lots going on, he then gets the ball and either does a dinky little chip forwards, sidewards or backwards.

McGrath over Taranto will haunt the Bombers.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Just looking ahead, I can only realistically see us winning 2 more games for the year. Freo in Tassie and Gold Coast are the only teams I think we can beat. Amazing how you can defeat Adelaide in Adelaide by 32, GWS by 33, and Port Adelaide by 31 .... and finish the season with 7 wins? I just cannot get my head around it.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Some geelong supporters think the flag is theres.....

I know its been 11 a half years but cmon, you cannot forget 2008 like that.

Id be confident. I know its rare for a team who's behind at 3/4 time in GF. But the Cats 08 were just 17 down and the umps had gifted them a goal, giving them two goals in a row which had been rare up till then.
They added 2.5 to 4.2 in the last quarter.

Maybe that was the catalyst but a feature of the Cats since then is backing themselves to win in the last quarter

He did once take a great mark in a granny though. Always has a photo of that to stick on the mantlepiece alongside instead of all the trophies he's not won...

Fixed it for you!

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Some geelong supporters think the flag is theres.....

I know its been 11 a half years but cmon, you cannot forget 2008 like that.

Believe me. Cats supporters will never forget 2008. It haunts them each and every day. You only have to read any thread about Hawthorn on the main board and see the cats fans all over it, sinking the boots in, to realise that.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Has anyone listened to the latest AFL podcast on afl.com.au?

GREATER Western Sydney chief executive Dave Matthews takes aim at Kennett and his comments once again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is known that at a recent club CEOs gathering, he raised questions about how the football industry didn't always properly hold its highest office bearers to account.

He expands on those thoughts in In the Game, and asks if certain individuals would have been disciplined if they had made similar comments to the racial stereotype ones of Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett when he spoke about security staff of Marvel Stadium two weeks ago.

"I often think to myself: 'What if Toby Greene had said that'?" Matthews said.

Amid a deep-thinking and expansive reflection on the game's handling of certain matters, Matthews added:

"The irony of it was that a club in Hawthorn is heavily into Stephen Coniglio," Matthews said.

"Stephen Coniglio three weeks ago hosted an Iftar dinner into Ramadan for 500 people. He works with new arrivals, migrants, refugees…

"… I know that if I came out with a comment like that, I'd be talking to my board, and probably the AFL, knowing I had done our organisation a disservice because it doesn't reflect the values we want to present.

"I don’t sit as a judge and jury on chairmen of other clubs, I am simply making an observation."

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn

GREATER Western Sydney chief executive Dave Matthews takes aim at Kennett and his comments once again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is known that at a recent club CEOs gathering, he raised questions about how the football industry didn't always properly hold its highest office bearers to account.

He expands on those thoughts in In the Game, and asks if certain individuals would have been disciplined if they had made similar comments to the racial stereotype ones of Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett when he spoke about security staff of Marvel Stadium two weeks ago.

Amid a deep-thinking and expansive reflection on the game's handling of certain matters, Matthews added:

"The irony of it was that a club in Hawthorn is heavily into Stephen Coniglio," Matthews said.

"Stephen Coniglio three weeks ago hosted an Iftar dinner into Ramadan for 500 people. He works with new arrivals, migrants, refugees…

"… I know that if I came out with a comment like that, I'd be talking to my board, and probably the AFL, knowing I had done our organisation a disservice because it doesn't reflect the values we want to present.

"I don’t sit as a judge and jury on chairmen of other clubs, I am simply making an observation."
He's coming. This guy is panicking.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Jeff got a whack and apologised. Surely this being held to account, the public exposure of Kennet is surely the punishment in its self. What this knob wants is a pound of flesh oh yeah and to try and sway Stephen Coniglio from joining the Hawks.
Matthews goes on to criticise Adam Treloar and his comments about Coniglio for about 10 minutes which then leads him to then criticise Jeff's (comments about new arrivals) for 10 minutes and pretty much wants Jeff to be publicly hung for is actions. It really has to make you wonder that the only reason he'd bring us into the conversation is because he's worried as * that he'll request a trade to Hawthorn. Why else would he bring up the whole racial profiling thing and Coniglio's work with new arrivals if he wasn't worried. As silly as Jeff's comments were I wonder if they have revealed Coniglio's intentions.

Thoughts?

What an unprofessional baby this bloke is....throwing the toys out of the cot when other clubs poach their players.

Rioli magic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Adding Conignlio to the Jeff discussion is obviously trying to set the narrative about the culture of Hawthorn and Cogs’ values and how they will not go together...that reeks of someone who is worried.

That doesn’t change the fact that Jeff’s comments were extremely poor and unacceptable and he deserves to be whacked for them (I believe the discussion actually started on the Goodes doco and then onto Eddie and Jeff), just no need to link comments from an opposing president to one of your players, it’s a bit weird and in a sense trivializes what is actually a serious issue that needs discussion. Respect the underlying issues, don’t try and use them to benefit your club in a football sense, that’s poor form as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back