List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Serong is the other one that might be there at our pick.

He was quiet in the last champs game, but he had a couple of huge games in the carnival.

33 touches, 10 clearances and 9 tackles against SA.

He can play forward or mid and looks like he'd make an impact early in his AFL career.

A bit short but he’s pretty heavy / mature for his age. Twomey compares him to Robbie Gray as a fwd & Lachie Neal as a midfielder. I wouldn’t be unhappy if we selected him.

A bit short but he’s pretty heavy / mature for his age. Twomey compares him to Robbie Gray as a fwd & Lachie Neal as a midfielder. I wouldn’t be unhappy if we selected him.

He's my boy but he was so bad in the first half of the WA/VC match I've started to drop off him. 4 possessions to half time, that said he was mainly forward and wasn't getting much supply.

I would ........prefer Brodie Kemp if available or Hayden Young .

The bloke no one talks about is Dylan Williams who again would prefer particularly if we did pick swap.

Other one is Sharp . Kicks the ball a mile , great size , mobile

The bloke no one talks about is Dylan Williams who again would prefer particularly if we did pick swap.

I don’t know why but Young does it for me. I can see him up on a wing, not just half back.

Have got around to watching 3 of the Vic Country games and a quarter of the other one.

Serong is a bull in there and racks it up. Great clearance player and fantastic by hand. Clever around goal. I’m far from convinced by his kick though. 3.25 games is a reasonable sample size and field kicking was seriously average. Missed lots of targets when under no pressure.

Flanders I actually prefer. Has similar traits to Serong but kicked it better. Moves a bit like Gresham and makes good decisions.

Ash is an absolute jet. Another back flanker isn’t really what we need but if we took him, I’d still be very happy. He isn’t normal half back. Is a genuine 90 metre player. Haven’t seen many take it on in the way he does. Gets past players in front of him for fun and is a great kick even at full sprinting pace. Game changer.

Kemp i think I’d need to see more games to have a strong view. Wasn’t overly impressed with him as a defender but when he moved into a midfield/forward role for the last two he looked very good.

Obviously others would have seen much more of these boys than I have in the TAC cup and would have more knowledge.

Trade 1
Stk:
Caldwell
Pick 9
Pick 15

GWS:
Pick 5
Bruce

We’re gonna do a Carlton

Adelaide get;
Pick 15
Future 1st round
St Kilda get:
Pick 2
Future 1st round

3rd trade
Adelaide
In:
Pick 15

Out:
Adelaide 1st round 2020

Stk get:
Caldwell
Anderson
Stephens
O Neill

Ade:
2x furture 1st rounds, (STK and Adel)
I’m willing to bet one if not both go to the GC for Lukosius and/or Rankine.

GWS:
Bruce
Green
Ash

Either I'm just not reading this right, or this trade is as bad as it reads.

Why would GWS want Bruce when they have Cameron, Finlayson, and Himmelberg as tall forwards?

And that 2nd trade looks horrible to Adelaide, and the 3rd doesn't make any sense.

Have got around to watching 3 of the Vic Country games and a quarter of the other one.

Serong is a bull in there and racks it up. Great clearance player and fantastic by hand. Clever around goal. I’m far from convinced by his kick though. 3.25 games is a reasonable sample size and field kicking was seriously average. Missed lots of targets when under no pressure.

Flanders I actually prefer. Has similar traits to Serong but kicked it better. Moves a bit like Gresham and makes good decisions.

Ash is an absolute jet. Another back flanker isn’t really what we need but if we took him, I’d still be very happy. He isn’t normal half back. Is a genuine 90 metre player. Haven’t seen many take it on in the way he does. Gets past players in front of him for fun and is a great kick even at full sprinting pace. Game changer.

Kemp i think I’d need to see more games to have a strong view. Wasn’t overly impressed with him as a defender but when he moved into a midfield/forward role for the last two he looked very good.

Obviously others would have seen much more of these boys than I have in the TAC cup and would have more knowledge.

It really comes down to that word “ development “

Agree with comments on Flanders & Ash and certainly not in the negative with Serong.

Really looking at Stkilda needs ( big body midfielders that kick goals )

To me it’s suprising with the development of Will Brodie think the kid is a machine , see similar in Kemp
except the later might kick more goals

Last edited:
I don’t know why but Young does it for me. I can see him up on a wing, not just half back.

No, it's pretty obvious what he does, his ball use is amazing. Seems composed as well. I'm still pissed that we aren't getting Dean Andersons son. We always seem to luck out with FS because of our past instability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it's pretty obvious what he does, his ball use is amazing. Seems composed as well. I'm still pissed that we aren't getting Dean Andersons son. We always seem to luck out with FS because of our past instability.
I am too, but I guess he did play more games for Hawthorn. They already get McGuinness cheap this draft, imagine Anderson as well.

Last edited:
How do we make you list manager?

Get me a contract, no worries

Here’s a trade to get Hill, Constable, McClean and Langdon to St Kilda

Trade 1:
Steven and Ross to Geel

For; Constable, Pick 36, Pick 18

Trade 2:

In: Hill, Langdon and a third round 2020 to STK

For Pick 18, Pick 36 and Acres.

Trade 4:
Stk and FRE 3rd round 2020 to WB

For McClean and Pick 43, (tied to StK).

Stk
Out: Steven, Ross, Acres, 2020 second round, 2020 third round

Ins: Hill, Langdon, Constable, McClean and Pick 43.

FRE:
Outs: Hill and Langdon, FRE 3rd round
Ins: Pick 18, Pick 36, Acres

Geel:
Outs: Pick 18, Pick 36, Constable
Ins: Ross and Steven

WB:
Ins: STK and FRE 2020 third round
Outs: Pick 43, (tied to STK) and McClean

Last edited:
Gresh upgrade skills to burn and loves a snag. Would keep gresh in his best position. Not a fan of gresh in the guts.

Serong is the other one that might be there at our pick.

He was quiet in the last champs game, but he had a couple of huge games in the carnival.

33 touches, 10 clearances and 9 tackles against SA.

He can play forward or mid and looks like he'd make an impact early in his AFL career.
His kicking is a concern for mine. I asked Knightmare his thoughts and he shared the criticism. I know Knightmare cops a bad wrap sometimes but he watches plenty of underage footy. Serong could well be one of those players that because he's a big name (in terms of U18s) and gets talked up, everyone just assumes is a great kick. The amount of kicks he missed in the champs really turned me off tbh.

Yup just doesn’t seem to be the same level of hype around this year’s top draftees verse last years. The top 7 last year compromising of Kings (x 2), Lukosious, Rankine, Smith, Rozee & Walsh were all talked about has top line elite talent with at least 4 of them spoken of as possible pick 1’s.

This year outside of Rowell & Anderson it looks a bit meh. Saying that, I have no doubt there will be some guns in the draft that will excel in a pro environment.

I would love to find the next De Goey - prototype fwd-mid. Kemp looks good & I am intrigued by this Dylan Williams kid based off Doug’s like for him & a few of his write-ups.
Have you got any of the write up’s? I haven’t read any but the kid from what I’ve seen has some elite AFL attributes. He’s every bit as good as the top 7 last year IMHO.

Have you got any of the write up’s? I haven’t read any but the kid from what I’ve seen has some elite AFL attributes. He’s every bit as good as the top 7 last year IMHO.

Sounds like he’s cut his teeth as a small-medium forward but has some nice attributes to become a mid, such as having good hands & he can win his own footy. Do you know what his tank is like? That might be the only thing at the moment holding him back from being a midfielder.

Sounds like he’s cut his teeth as a small-medium forward but has some nice attributes to become a mid, such as having good hands & he can win his own footy. Do you know what his tank is like? That might be the only thing at the moment holding him back from being a midfielder.

Let me have a read then I’ll reply.

I reckon Knightmare just cuts and pastes from Draft Central.
I like the comparison to Tim Taranto, I’m not really concerned by his tank as he’s had a few injuries according to my spies, but he is what you want at AFL level, a match winner.

I’m not that high on Sam Walsh because of his poor foot skills, never have been, and although Dylan doesn’t accumulate like Walsh, I foresee that in the future Dylan win games because of his mecurial skills by hand and foot. He’s also got hands like glue when it come to marking.

Having said that, I’d take Rowell and Anderson, and must admit I shook my head when I just read that KM has Rowell ranked at 3. Please.

Mate you know your stuff here better than most.

Was chatting to someone involved with another club who was really down on this years crop. Said only a handful of this years kids (outside the top 2) would crack last years first round (or words to that effect).

I get the trade down scenario you are talking about and I like it. The Gresh / Carlisle deal was great for us, and happy to do it again if it adds quality to out 26+ bracket. But putting that aside, given the option to swap out of this years draft for last (ie our first for Bing or Caldwell) would you pull the trigger?

From what little I know (and its very little admittedly) I would do it in a heartbeat. I am really struggling to get excited about that 3-7 range this year. Serong is small, not convinced Kemp becomes a mid (especially in our development system), Green is N/A and Ash and Young are HBF's. Flanders, Stephens and Robertson seem solid but their ceiling seems lower than last years crop of ball winning mids. That's my largely second hand take on it.

Thoughts?

I like the comparison to Tim Taranto, I’m not really concerned by his tank as he’s had a few injuries according to my spies, but he is what you want at AFL level, a match winner.

I’m not that high on Sam Walsh because of his poor foot skills, never have been, and although Dylan doesn’t accumulate like Walsh, I foresee that in the future Dylan win games because of his mecurial skills by hand and foot. He’s also got hands like glue when it come to marking.

Having said that, I’d take Rowell and Anderson, and must admit I shook my head when I just read that KM has Rowell ranked at 3. Please.

He really likes Byrne, have you watched much of him? Sandy dragon and a Jack Steven clone according to him.

Thats because he writes the Draft Central articles, its the same person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back