2018/19 Melbourne Victory Thread - The Four Time Honda Driven Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the Club email by Antony Di Pietro

As a loyal member of the Club, I am excited to inform you that Marco Kurz will today be named as our new Head Coach for the next two seasons.

Our panel of experienced football people including Mark Bresciano, Paul Trimboli and Rob Sherman, undertook a comprehensive recruitment process. With a wealth of both international and Hyundai A-league knowledge, Marco was the standout candidate to take the helm.

Marco demonstrated outstanding qualities including his passion and desire to win which aligned truly with our clubs’ relentless pursuit of success.

Marco Kurz

The 50-year-old German’s playing career spanned 16 years and 311 appearances in the Bundesliga and included a league title with Borussia Dortmund in 1994/95 and UEFA Cup title with Schalke 04 in 1997.

Kurz then stepped into management in the German first and second divisions between 2005-2016. It was during this time that he led 1.FC Kaiserslautern to the German second division title in 2009/10 and promotion into the German top-flight.

In 2017, he took charge of Adelaide United and guided them to two FFA Cup Finals, winning one in 2018, and two A-League Finals Series.
A message from Marco

“It’s an honour to be named as Head Coach of Melbourne Victory, a big club with a strong history, passionate fanbase and true drive for success,” Kurz said from Germany.

“I’ve got to know Melbourne Victory from afar, and had tremendous respect for them during that time, so it is exciting to join the Club.

“During the interview process we had aligned beliefs about the direction forward which was very important. I can’t wait to join the team and get underway.”

The hard work to ensure we come back bigger and better next season started long ago; the appointment of Marco Kurz is a major and exciting step forward for the Club.

Our new Head Coach will join us in the coming weeks, please stay tuned for more team updates.

Thank you for your ongoing support.
Go Victory!

41cf56ae-4958-4685-882a-f8603a271a6e.png

Anthony Di Pietro
Melbourne Victory Chairman

Melbourne Victory will face Newcastle Jets at home in the 2019 FFA Cup Round of 32.
Match details
Melbourne Victory v Newcastle Jets
Wednesday, August 7
7.30pm kick-off
AAMI Park

Any rumours of any players coming in? Could we shoot for Jedinak? Maybe a Juric to partner Ola?

Ola definitely goes to a marquee spot this year (makes sense now how we fit him under the cap) and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a new two year deal.

Is Thomas on his way out? I reckon he has had some serious overseas offers and maybe it's time for him to leave. I'd be happy with Acton as his replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The German mentor has already begun talks with players, both overseas and local, as he looks to rebuild the Victory squad which has lost players of the calibre of Keisuke Honda, Carl Valeri, Kosta Barbarouses, Georg Niedermeier and Jai Ingham.

Not often you mention Honda and Ingham in the same sentence when referring to calibre.

The German mentor has already begun talks with players, both overseas and local, as he looks to rebuild the Victory squad which has lost players of the calibre of Keisuke Honda, Carl Valeri, Kosta Barbarouses, Georg Niedermeier and Jai Ingham.

Not often you mention Honda and Ingham in the same sentence when referring to calibre.

Maybe he was thinking of ingham chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back