Round 16 trades

Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Howdy campaigners.

I have $195,500 in the kitty and 3 trades left.

What does everyone think I should do this week?

A) Trade Burgess > Westhoff and put Westhoff at R3 to cover Gawn.

B) Save the trade and use the money to go Hore > Whitfield in a week or 2.

C) Burgess > Chol to keep building up the war chest.

View attachment 703486View attachment 703487
Think westhoff most useful in the run home mate, covers 2 lines which will be handy and hopefully with Dixon back in he will roam all over the ground and his scoring will become better.

Gethsemene

All Australian
Apr 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For me it’s Dursma and Parker into Lycett and Chol.... This gives me just Hore and Moore into Whitfield and Lloyd when they’ve done shedding cash and 6 trades to do it.... Lycett gives me the ruck cover and can sit in my forward line until then.... When Cripps comes back it pushes that campaigner Heeney into F7 where he belongs!

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
The longish absence of Daniel combined with uncertaintly over Gawn and zero ruck backup has me tempted to use my last remaining trade to swap Daniel for a ruck/fwd DPP. Unfortunately I can't afford Lycett, who would be the obvious choice and the next best, Rory Lobb, doesn't look so desirable with the return of Sandilands. The other options provide pretty poor backup. Hopefully Gawn plays.

Gethsemene

All Australian
Apr 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Am now second guessing after reading the thread, should I go Hoff over Lycett and bank the $$??

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Cant decide on Daniel replacement.

-Boak’s the safest
-Ziebell’s form just as solid, 50k cheaper but riskier with potential role change.
-Marshall seems solid but goes against my anti Stk rule.

Conflicted as ****.
Boak's the best option but if you don't have many rookies playing and have other players left to upgrade, the extra 50k and Ziebell might be the better option.
The Marshall bandwagon is only for the true believers.

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Am now second guessing after reading the thread, should I go Hoff over Lycett and bank the $$??
Hoff is cover unless his scoring changes dramatically, lycett is on field (hopefully his scoring doesn't change dramatically). Which do you need long term?

Gethsemene

All Australian
Apr 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I need a forward 6.... My defence will be complete over the next couple going Hore and Moore to Witfield and LLoyd via culling some rookies, but forward line needs help:

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm debating between two options. I have 300k in my cap and starting this week with 11 trades.

1. Bewley and Cripps > Sloane and Bont OR Cunnington and Treloar
It is a sideways trading of Cripps which seems pointless but I have the trades and apart from his 194, his scoring has been fairly average recently anyway. Sloane and Bont is safer but they are fairly popular so Cunnington and Treloar might be a more interesting combination. Ideally I would want Sloane and Cunnington but I'm 1k short from being able to do that.

2. Bewley and Young > Sloane and Chol
This gets Young off my bench which is a win and another rookie to generate a bit of cash but with Riewoldt and Nank coming back soon, I don't see Chol lasting much longer so I'd be stuck with another rookie not playing.

Any thoughts on which option is the better choice?

Quazza

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
must win game in my main league so of course I'm playing the one muppet in our comp that doesnt have either Gawn or Super Sexy Patty C

campaigner

ok so on this. So far i've done Burgess down to Chol which i feel terrible about. Thinking of changing that to Cameron so it at least creates a link with Danger ?

from there, I need some Max cover. So

a - Sexy Robby down to Westy. Pray Westy doesnt suck and stays F6. Pocket the $$ (handy )
b - Billings up to Lycett and forget
c - Bines to Z Clarke (feels like a gross way to spend 80k)

SOMEONE TALK ME INTO SOMETHING

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
must win game in my main league so of course I'm playing the one muppet in our comp that doesnt have either Gawn or Super Sexy Patty C

campaigner

ok so on this. So far i've done Burgess down to Chol which i feel terrible about. Thinking of changing that to Cameron so it at least creates a link with Danger ?

from there, I need some Max cover. So

a - Sexy Robby down to Westy. Pray Westy doesnt suck and stays F6. Pocket the $$ (handy )
b - Billings up to Lycett and forget
c - Bines to Z Clarke (feels like a gross way to spend 80k)

SOMEONE TALK ME INTO SOMETHING

View attachment 703599
Not C bc only has limited value. You can't trade out later so only adds value if rucks go down. Other option is Long if need F6 - 91.5 avg which is not great but ok and less risky than west hoff and cheaper than lycett.

qqaaxx

Senior List
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
$500 left in the bank after bringing in Hurn and Chol means I’ll take the Gawn donut when it comes

Quazza

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Not C bc only has limited value. You can't trade out later so only adds value if rucks go down. Other option is Long if need F6 - 91.5 avg which is not great but ok and less risky than west hoff and cheaper than lycett.

which Long is averaging in 90s?

Im actually fine with Sexy Robbie at F6. This is purely being done for ruck cover

Metapod

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Food for thought.
Marshall has a hard-ish run home:
NM - Goldy (hard)
Geel - Stanley (easy-medium)
WB - English (easy)
Melb - Gawn (hard)
Adel - ROB (hard)
Freo - Sandi/Lobb (medium-hard)
Carl - Kruezer (medium)
Syd - Sinclair if back? (Medium otherwise easy)

Compared to Hawkins: WB (A), StK (H), Haw (A), Syd (A), Freo (A), NM (H), Bris (A), Carl (H)

Worth saving $150k if only 10 pts between them?

Back