Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myself and bomberclifford met with the club yesterday and they were very supportive of our campaign. They assured us that everyone at the club is on board with bringing back the bars in some capacity (especially for showdowns) and are working hard to make it happen.

Everything was positive from them and their passion for the PB’s was clear throughout the meeting.

Full time PB’s are of course unlikely, but they are battling hard for IN 2020 and will continue battling for FROM 2020.

Good. Some reassurimg news. The "in some capacity" bit concerns me still given the recent comments by Thomas and Koch.

Good. Some reassurimg news. The "in some capacity" bit concerns me still given the recent comments by Thomas and Koch.
We have had ‘in none’ since 2014, which in itself was a freak.

That’s progress.

We have had ‘in none’ since 2014, which in itself was a freak.

That’s progress.
Agree, but let's not take just anything as a win because, like so much with this club, we've set the bar low.

The goal for me will always be the bars as our permanent home guernsey. The closer we get to that the better, but that's the goal for me.

Yeah ... it could mean once in 2020 and that wouldn't appear like a promising advancement.

You have to start somewhere, the passion for the guernsey was undeniable.
The will is certainly there.

It just staggers me that this is something the club has to "fight" for on our 150th celebration.
The mistakes of 1997 still haunt us.

Have we got anything in concrete on that front yet? What exactly is the agreement and what if anything did we sign?
It’s not that, it’s what we sacrificed in terms of identity to join the AFL and what we’ve been fighting for the best part of the last decade or so to rectify.

The goal for me will always be the bars as our permanent home guernsey. The closer we get to that the better, but that's the goal for me.

IMO, that's not going to happen for a myriad of reasons, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

I still maintain that the issue is beyond how often, or even if, we wear it in the AFL, it's about our club's right to choose it as a guernsey for whatever occasion we see fit. (150th Year, against selected rivals, celebrate Russel Ebert's 100th Birthday, etc)

That right is what is most crucial but that's a long game so I will celebrate ANY time we wear it as a win, because each time that happens is a step towards us having that right.

In time the club may choose to return to the PBs as a permanent home guernsey, perhaps in time for our 200th, but that cannot happen until we have the right to make that choice. That time is not now.

Last edited:
You have to start somewhere, the passion for the guernsey was undeniable.
The will is certainly there.

Yeah this was evident from all the people we spoke to.

It’s not that, it’s what we sacrificed in terms of identity to join the AFL and what we’ve been fighting for the best part of the last decade or so to rectify.
So can we confirm that there is no written agreement, and we're only being blocked on the whim of the AFL because we said we'd move away from our old identity 22 years ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also (sorry to bombard with questions), but is there a reason the club are keeping quiet about the issue for the most part?

I don't particularly see the value in saying nothing publicly if they support the cause.

It is really just the sensitivities of the situation. The club can't inflame things while negotiating with the AFL.

There may come a time when that changes but their focus right now is on delivering for our 150th year in 2020.

From what we've seen, they've got some very impressive plans for next year.

So can we confirm that there is no written agreement, and we're only being blocked on the whim of the AFL because we said we'd move away from our old identity 22 years ago?

As with all AFL clubs, there are multiple agreements in play regarding branding/guernseys etc, but there is a unique situation with one that means it is the 'default' agreement in regards to PBs. I can't go into detail about that, but I'm very confident that the club knows what it's doing with this.

There was also a very strong indiction that KT would not sign away those rights.

As with all AFL clubs, there are multiple agreements in play regarding branding/guernseys etc, but there is a unique situation with one that means it is the 'default' agreement in regards to PBs. I can't go into detail about that, but I'm very confident that the club knows what it's doing with this.

There was also a very strong indiction that KT would not sign away those rights.

Genuinely appreciate the effort you and Chiwigi have done in not only representing the push for acknowledgement of the 'Prison Bars' but in reporting back.

I've never been a fan of 'head kicking' or embarrassing others when involved in sensitive discussions - been there.

Talk to the right people - keep dialogue open and discussions can never be in the public arena.

Thank you.

PS. I'm sure others have been involved, so also thank you.

Nice work Welshy & Boober. Love the work that everyone associated with this campaign are doing, it is very much appreciated.

In the meantime I will continue to wear by PB guernsey every home game, and maybe an away game before the end of the season, even though a couple of recent games it has needed to be tucked away from the rain.

In the meantime I will continue to wear by PB guernsey every home game, and maybe an away game before the end of the season, even though a couple of recent games it has needed to be tucked away from the rain.
I reckon I'm done wearing the BiB jumper. Haven't worn it once this season.

First step is to get it in and then once you have the right to wear it twice a season and the sky doesn't fall in the issue has gone. Then we can pull it out for more home game where it makes a better clash depending on opposition. Your Richmonds, Essendons, Melbourne's with solid white away would work well against it.

Anyway key is to get it in for both showdowns a year first and have it as part of our licensed AFL Guernsey's then sky don't fall and we roll it out whenever.

I'm going today, to see ports in the grey drab number, I'm not that excited, but if we were in the prison bars. I'd be ready to knock a few walls down on the way there...
It has to happen

Wait why are we wearing the silver guernsey?

Because our black guernsey clashes with their Indigenous guernsey.

4yr84FD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back