List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somebody who isn’t being played in their right position, and superfluous to needs I feel is Toby McLean. Capable small/medium forward, but plays his best on ball. What we he cost, and would he be worth pursuing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to get Toby at the club. was hoping we drafted him.

but I'll admit I might be slightly biased cause I know him.

even biased aside I think he would fit into our team well if it was to ever happen.

I think established players like Taranto and of that ilk we can't afford due to the cap space no matter who is off our books season end outside the top 10 earners.We have a few to re-sign so whatever the offloads some of it will be soaked up by the re-signs(and rightly so).
End of the day its the draft or very low end trades will be the order of the day.

I agree completely. If we want to keep all our talented younger players we wont have any money to spend on a big name. I would rather we keep our first rounders anyway. Let Brando go for hopefully end of first. And if Bolton wanted to go we may get a decent pick for him also.

I have a player that hasnt been mentioned that I would be having a crack at. Langford from Bummers. He's a really good size and I think hes being played in the wrong position. Tends to always find pleanty of the footy at stoppages, has nice disposal but the bummers tend to play him high half forward, I think he could be a good inside mid. I said the same thing about Dunkley last year and look how that turned out. We could probably get him for a pick we get for Bolton. 22 Years old and just about to really improve if played in the right spot IMO, just got dropped to so obvioulsy not cemented in best 22 there.

I would also look at trying to package up our first, next years first for a real low pick, top 8 hopefully and go for a real classy ball user which is what I think we lack. Next year we hopefully get Maurice jnr so can afford to trade first pick then do some pick swaps to sort that out. Try and go to draft this year with picks 8, 19 and our second etc..

I agree completely. If we want to keep all our talented younger players we wont have any money to spend on a big name. I would rather we keep our first rounders anyway. Let Brando go for hopefully end of first. And if Bolton wanted to go we may get a decent pick for him also

I would also look at trying to package up our first, next years first for a real low pick, top 8 hopefully and go for a real classy ball user which is what I think we lack. Next year we hopefully get Maurice jnr so can afford to trade first pick then do some pick swaps to sort that out. Try and go to draft this year with picks 8, 19 and our second etc..
Stack and Pickett

Last edited:
Ellis might choose to stay. Dusty listened to all offers before deciding. I personally hope he stays.
I get the impression that our list manager could barely justify paying him current 400ish going forward with what we got coming through let alone a pay increase , likely we won’t even table a contract , believe it or not

I agree completely. If we want to keep all our talented younger players we wont have any money to spend on a big name. I would rather we keep our first rounders anyway. Let Brando go for hopefully end of first. And if Bolton wanted to go we may get a decent pick for him also.

I have a player that hasnt been mentioned that I would be having a crack at. Langford from Bummers. He's a really good size and I think hes being played in the wrong position. Tends to always find pleanty of the footy at stoppages, has nice disposal but the bummers tend to play him high half forward, I think he could be a good inside mid. I said the same thing about Dunkley last year and look how that turned out. We could probably get him for a pick we get for Bolton. 22 Years old and just about to really improve if played in the right spot IMO, just got dropped to so obvioulsy not cemented in best 22 there.

Like the idea of trying too get up the order in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bummers and Cartank are both in a world of hurt this year. Would be really nice if we could somehow bend over and ream Dodoro and/or Silvangi this trade year.

Please God make it happen.
Especially Silvagni for screwing us over in the Yarran deal, knowing full well that Chris had major problems and was damaged beyond repair. Arrogant * .............

GWS currently have essendons first round pick and will end up being pick 8-10 you would think. Think we should target that pick as they will have to use it on their academy player Greene. I see us ending up with a lot of picks in the 30s (we already have two and will likely get more after free agency/ trading) so would be looking to package them up and have less picks but higher quality. Especially as we look like promoting two or three rookies into senior spots

Best thing is tho......how are the rest feeling after we got those 2 for **** all....remembering that we finished where we did last year....hahahaha
I don't really care how they feel. They all passed and we've picked up 1 superstar and 1 potential star! All's fair in love and Footy! ;):tearsofjoy:

I love some big footy logic!

The same people who are suggesting Taranto at 20/21 isn’t worth two first rounders would happily take two teen first round picks and trade for pick 3 as you get a start kid there.

Taranto is a pick 3 who has dominated at AFL level for his age.

“Nah not worth two firsts”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back