List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Adelaide's pick ends up at #14
2. We choose to go to the draft with it.
3. The draft order sits as per Twomeys current Phantom.

Who do we take and what exactly would they do for us?
Who would you take: 1st............. 2nd.............3rd.............?

I think we trade our pick.

1. The small forward that projects to be the best out of the lot of them (Taylor/Mead/Taheny/Weightman)

2. Thomson Dow

3. Sam De Koning

I didn't realize SDK was already 200cm -- taller than Jackson (though half a year older). If he can get another inch then he'll be RUC-KPD to go with TDK's RUC-KPF.

Dow is the fairytale, but the guy I'd most want is Elijah Taylor. Small forward, fits the need and some extra indigenous representation is always a good thing for the game. Is SPS the only indigenous player to play a senior game this year for us?

Liam Jones (8 of the 14 games, missed only because of the terrifying concussion)

Jarrod Garlett (2 games)

Pickett retired with the injury, Kym LeBois is our other indigenous player).

I spent the day watching over Oakleighs 2018 finals series, my lord Dylan Williams has a serious goal sense, gets backed in to be isolated in the 50 too and seemed to just kill his opponents in every game. Can anyone tell me why he's being played across Half back this year? Cal Twomey has him as 16th in the phantom rankings could slip down to our Crows pick, looks an absolute freak inside the 50.

Liam Jones (8 of the 14 games, missed only because of the terrifying concussion)

Jarrod Garlett (2 games)

Pickett retired with the injury, Kym LeBois is our other indigenous player).
Ah yes, of course. I always forget about Jones.

Shame Garlett hasn't come on more. Watched a lot of him at the Suns and had some excitement when I saw we picked him up by us.

Would be shocked if two of the top three picks are <180cm.
I think it’s just a quirk. You have to go to 20 until the next player under 180cm. Probably seeing Mitchell win the Brownlow last season and Neale equal second favourite this year teams are not just looking a height for the sake of it.

You overlooked a possible Cripps x 2. Joshua listed with South Fremantle, although yet to play.

Only problem with that list is three of the young brothers are rucks or possible monster KPP in the case of SDK. Will likely be in the market for at least one
project ruck next year though. Can't see Sam De Koning falling in our draft range, let alone the need for another skinny 200cm plus KPD/ruck.

SDK is certainly not a need for us, not really sure he is a ruck as well.

Still can't get excited for much at all this year.
Maybe we just had it too good last year and in comparison, this draft looks....dare I say it....vanilla.

Let's assume the following -
1. Adelaide's pick ends up at #14
2. We choose to go to the draft with it.
3. The draft order sits as per Twomeys current Phantom.

Who do we take and what exactly would they do for us?
Who would you take: 1st............. 2nd.............3rd.............?

Devon Robertson
Trent Rivers
Dylan Williams - Assuming he shows some ability in the midfield at TAC Cup
If not, then Taylor would come into consideration for me. Having him at the feet of McKay, Curnow and Levi is very exciting.

Dow is the fairytale, but the guy I'd most want is Elijah Taylor. Small forward, fits the need and some extra indigenous representation is always a good thing for the game. Is SPS the only indigenous player to play a senior game this year for us?
Jones, Garlett

Devon Robertson
Trent Rivers
Dylan Williams - Assuming he shows some ability in the midfield at TAC Cup
If not, then Taylor would come into consideration for me. Having him at the feet of McKay, Curnow and Levi is very exciting.

Taylor makes for the right type we should be after, but let's try this - Would we rather Papley with that #14 or Taylor?

Taylor makes for the right type we should be after, but let's try this - Would we rather Papley with that #14 or Taylor?
Papley is the known quantity who will step in right away at close to an AA level. A bonus is that he is still young himself.

Taylor is unknown and will take a few years to fully get involved, though you get him as a rookie and likely a few years longer in the back end.

Taylor may end up better or he might play 10 games and never be seen again. You have to take Papley, no? It we are unable to get him Taylor is who I want, however.

I prefer Taylor, but maybe that is because I am always more interested in rookies.

I just must be watching a different player than the Papley everyone else is watching.

Now Martin would be a guy I would seriously consider for that Adelaide pick, he is a talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always good to have a read of Twomey's form guide.

If we can't find a trade target, will be interesting to see if we downgrade our first pick to have more bites of the cherry in the late 20's and 30's.

Just watched the WA v VC game.

Taylor does look a exciting player.

Agree with others Robertson and Rivers also impressed.

If we keep Crows 1st round plenty of decent players on offer suiting our needs.

Given that then, how would Stocker rate in this years draft ?

I haven't followed the juniors as nearly as much this year, but on face value, Stocker would easily be top 10.

You could ask Knightmare, but he'd likely say somewhere in the 40's :) .....he wouldn't but. you know.
Actually Knightmare had Stocker at about the pick #13 from memory.

The question I'd like to know the answer to is; Where would the CFC have Stocker in this years draft?

I haven't followed the juniors as nearly as much this year, but on face value, Stocker would easily be top 10.

You could ask Knightmare, but he'd likely say somewhere in the 40's :) .....he wouldn't but. you know.
Actually Knightmare had Stocker at about the pick #13 from memory.

The question I'd like to know the answer to is; Where would the CFC have Stocker in this years draft?
It’s an interesting one because even if it is a weaker draft I imagine with him being such a man child and not a huge ball winner (22 avg from memory) I still imagine they don’t take him at the pointy end. Also he played nearly all his football as an inside mid and with his biggest question mark being his running ability I think that would work against him for someone taking him really high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back