Preview Round 16, 2019 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge news that Whitfield isn't playing, hoping he isn't a late in. Adams could be a gamechanger if he is put forward. Who do they put their best defender on? Hippy, McStay or Adams? Probably Hippy but it means the other 2 get off the leash. If we want to win, we need to win the midfield battle. It looks like the best team we have put out in the who season so far, Christensen needs to be a little better than last week, Rayner needs to get some goals and put pressure on. We still have so much improvement left. If this was at the Gabba, l would think we would almost be favourites. Cant wait for this game. Wish it was Sat arvo/evening instead of Sunday

Huge news that Whitfield isn't playing, hoping he isn't a late in. Adams could be a gamechanger if he is put forward. Who do they put their best defender on? Hippy, McStay or Adams? Probably Hippy but it means the other 2 get off the leash. If we want to win, we need to win the midfield battle. It looks like the best team we have put out in the who season so far, Christensen needs to be a little better than last week, Rayner needs to get some goals and put pressure on. We still have so much improvement left. If this was at the Gabba, l would think we would almost be favourites. Cant wait for this game. Wish it was Sat arvo/evening instead of Sunday
Does anyone know if Adams is a accurate kick for goals????????????????? Omggggggggggg I hope so.

Whitfield sounds like a classic bit of selection noise to keep the opposition guessing and maybe change their own lineup. I doubt Whitfield was ever coming in. We had to plan for it just in case.

I was just hoping he didn’t mean a brain bleed 6-8 week concussion?

Definitely not that - as per Jason. Brain not working real well today and that post shows it.

Harris appears to have recovered quite well in that he has returned to play and hasn't had recurring symptoms that have sidelined him again. Which is our only way of judging if there's an ongoing problem from the initial injury.

I hope it means no long term effects.

Who else is ridiculously excited about Adams? It COULD be an absolute game changer for us, he was clearly recruited for a reason

The most exciting part is that we don’t know what that reason was.

The common idea is he was recruited as a key defender

I don’t believe that’s the case

I actually think if he’s down back he’ll be a back flanker, which excites me. Booming kick, man mountain, will win aerial contests and has pace off the mark

Which is why I also am excited by the possibility of him going up forward as others have noted.

COULD change everything for us. SHOULD free up McStay even more, who surely is getting close to having it all click and tearing a game to shreds

Last edited by a moderator:
Who else is ridiculously excited about Adams? It COULD be an absolute game changer for us, he was clearly recruited for a reason

I actually think if he’s down back he’ll be a back flanker, which excites me. Booming kick, man mountain, will win aerial contests and has pace off the mark

Which is why I also am excited by the possibility of him going up forward as others have noted.

COULD change everything for us. SHOULD free up McSpray even more, who surely is getting close to having it all click and tearing a game to shreds
giphy.gif

COULD change everything for us. SHOULD free up McSpray even more, who surely is getting close to having it all click and tearing a game to shreds

Dan McSpray and Eric Yipswood

To those who think Lester had a good game last week check in the first qtr kick under little pressure to Berry that Jaiden Hunt was able to smash Berry with a hip and shoulder on the line because Lester missed him by 15m with the kick.He was on Petracca who was on fire in the first.#Lester is a spud
I'm not a huge fan of Lester but IMO he has been consistently reliable this season. Although going forward I don't think he is in our best side, I would hope that guys like Starcevich, Hinge, E.Smth, Cox and T.Berry would be going well past him.

To those who think Lester had a good game last week check in the first qtr kick under little pressure to Berry that Jaiden Hunt was able to smash Berry with a hip and shoulder on the line because Lester missed him by 15m with the kick.He was on Petracca who was on fire in the first.#Lester is a spud
Spud due to 1 kick. Righto. Would much rather him on the team than you on this board if l am being honest...
Lester has done really good, not going to be our best player but what makes a good team is the bottom 5 or so players.He will continue getting games as he is doing what the coaches ask of him, just like McStay. Players aren't going to get teams if they don't adhere to team structure (Cutler for example)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a huge fan of Lester but IMO he has been consistently reliable this season. Although going forward I don't think he is in our best side, I would hope that guys like Starcevich, Hinge, E.Smth, Cox and T.Berry would be going well past him.
Easily starc past him.His numbers are terrible with half of them being switched across our backline is and will ever be an overrated player in our team.#Bring on our next development.

I think the Doggies supporters have frightened me of Adams at the moment. Too afraid of him getting injured right away to be truly confident. Then again maybe that was just them being sore for losing a great talent!?

Anyway for all those fears really really excited to see him get his chance. As long as he runs out the game and gets settled its a win for him.

As for the game, I'm kind of hoping for a really solid first quarter more than anything else. Keep up the pressure and I will be happy!

Where does Adams play? Back? I know the O out but are we too big now.? Hopefully just floats around intercepting ever kick that comes in. Do we load up the fwd line and try and get a mismatch, I am genuinely intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back