Autopsy Round 16, 2019: back on the winners list over Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Was not expecting that but a well deserved win! McEvoy, Silk, Shiels and Poppy all stood up in the last.

Lewis and Ollie, wow! Both among our best players for mine. Worps excellent, Howe excellent on Pendles, Timmy O did lots of good things and our forward line looked better with him there.

Sicily, Impey and Frawley were outstanding all night. Hardwick was excellent. Thought Stratton was solid.

A few people bagging Nash but he created a contest, had 5 tackles and had a hand in a couple of goals. Stays for mine.

Great win!

Great win for the kids and for belief moving forward.

Whilst I hate the idea of tanking, we didn’t need to win this game.

Still significant issues in our forward line and cannot move the ball with any efficiency.

Lewis and Ollie to play for the remainder of the season.

A great grind in the final quarter to double our score.

A great feeling to win again, however let’s be serious, Collingwood are out of form and nowhere near their current ladder position.

A chance to build momentum next week back in Tasmania.

KOLOKOTRONIS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If Collingwood are out of form, where does that leave us? Great win but jeezus, the first three quarters were hard to watch.

What a win.

We have had this team's number for years.

We may lack top tier talent but this team works hard and our tackling and intercept work is right up there. There's plenty to be hopeful about when Mitchell is back and Wingard finds some form and fitness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAWTHORN 1.5 3.8 4.9 9.13 (67)
COLLINGWOOD 4.0 5.4 6.7 9.9 (63)

GOALS
Hawthorn:
Breust 2, Hanrahan 2, Lewis 2, Hardwick, Worpel, McEvoy
Collingwood: De Goey 2, Hoskin-Elliott 2, Mihocek, Treloar, Cox, Daicos, Sier

BEST
Hawthorn:
Sicily, Smith, Impey, Lewis, Hardwick, Worpel
Collingwood: Crisp, Treloar, Sidebottom, De Goey, Moore, Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad