Status
Not open for further replies.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fagan sounded a bit croaky in the press conference today. Wonder if that bug is still effecting our squad

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
I think that's right ,he's important to our structure now.

Just looking ahead if Adams turns out to be a gorilla we could really provide nightmares for the opposition. Remember when great key position backmen like Roos, Knights ,Silvagni ,Grant ,Quinlan, Glendenning amongst many others went forward for periods and really created mayhem.

From that list you realise they need to be good. But we can dream maybe Harris can get near that class.
IMO Daniel Bradshaw was a sensational Centre Half Back on the rare occasion he played there.

Strato

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Spud due to 1 kick. Righto. Would much rather him on the team than you on this board if l am being honest...
Lester has done really good, not going to be our best player but what makes a good team is the bottom 5 or so players.He will continue getting games as he is doing what the coaches ask of him, just like McStay. Players aren't going to get teams if they don't adhere to team structure (Cutler for example)
McStay had 1 kick and 6 handpasses against Melbourne. Did not see him break the packs open. IMO he could not read the play at all so did not get near the ball. This player is not a full forward. If that's what our COACH wants him to play like that he could be restricking his ability so their is a problem. Let's see what he can do this week. Look at the other full forwards in the comp and are playing totally different to McStay. You will never kick many goals,stats, etc and impress your Coaches with performances like this. Hopefully this is a reason Adams has come in. Use McStay as a second ruck.

Slitherin9

Senior List
Oct 18, 2015
Hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All those questioning our game day selections need to calm the ass down.
Fagan has specifically stated that selections serve multiple purposes, not the least of which is player development with an eye to the future.
Rayner, McStay and all the other whipping boys are being picked for the future, regardless of idiotic comments on social media.
I'm more interested in who they pick if/when we make finals.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All those questioning our game day selections need to calm the ass down.
Fagan has specifically stated that selections serve multiple purposes, not the least of which is player development with an eye to the future.
Rayner, McStay and all the other whipping boys are being picked for the future, regardless of idiotic comments on social media.
I'm more interested in who they pick if/when we make finals.

Rayner was solid last week. No reason he would be dropped after that performance. Mcstay, hard to imagine people would honestly think dropping Macca is a good idea. Adams is a surprise, but who cares.. excited to see him play.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Freo way to go

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
reckon we are a chance on Sunday Dyl?
I really want to believe and will try to will myself to believing, but I tipped GWS.

I don't think we aren't without a chance though. The footy talking heads keep talking about us needing that big win away from home and I agree and for some reason I'm genuinely optimistic about our chances this week for some reason. No rhyme or reason though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 5, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Nuggets, Crows
This is it Brisbane forget about loses we have a genuine chance on sunday to go into the fight for the top 4 and forget about finals chances talk, win on sunday we make finals no doubt about it, the boys are young and hungry (no doubt the likes of Robinson, Hodge and Rich would like to play finals again) I believe the team can take the cup this year ( taking all bets)

BRISBANE LIONS 2019 PREMIERS.

So if we knock off GWS and Freo roll West Coast, we go equal second.:cool:

Personally I'm cheering on West coast, Adelaide and Sydney this weekend as of we win we'd be 3 games in the 8. I'm trying not too get greedy

If we win by 160 points, we could actually overtake Collingwood. That would be sweet.

If we beat GWS away by 160 you would like to think that *that* would at least get a mention on the footy shows ... except that the major story would be Crisis at Collingwood not Ravenous Lions chow done medium rare Giants.

It's interesting how we are still worrying about making finals at 9-5, two games clear of 9th, with numerous games against the bottom 8.

I myself still struggle to believe we are actually good again after being so poor for so long. Almost feels like I'm hallucinating this dream scenario where we have finally escaped the bottom four, only to eventually wake up and find we are 3-11 and in the bottom 2.

We've knocked off some bloody good teams this season, turned the GABBA into a fortress again and play exciting footy with a good mix of age & depth. Gone are the days of dreading the weekend and wondering how much we'll lose by. Now every game is winnable.

Really excited for Sunday, real chance here for the taking and I trust these boys to put up a bloody good fight against a premiership-level opponent at their deck. This ain't no dream, Fagan has brought us back to the promise land.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You'd have to be surprised if Adams had a big impact impact this week ,just like to see him get through the game and do something.

The sentiment factor has been huge in predicting wins this year and a lot of the doubters of recent weeks think we're a big chance Sunday so that worries me.

Whitfield out is huge,he's just about the best player going around at the moment on his day.

Dunno about this game . We match up fairly well if Adams can fill that tall spoiling ,tackling, marking utility that we've been lacking at least to some degree this week.

Please ,let's just convert a reasonable proportion of our opportunities.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I really want to believe and will try to will myself to believing, but I tipped GWS.

I don't think we aren't without a chance though. The footy talking heads keep talking about us needing that big win away from home and I agree and for some reason I'm genuinely optimistic about our chances this week for some reason. No rhyme or reason though.

Same. We are probably about as much chance as the Dees were coming up to the Gabba last week. We will most likely have our "oh yeah, these Guys are good" moment at some stage early in the third 1/4. still think we are a show.

If we win by 160 points, we could actually overtake Collingwood. That would be sweet.
Erosion of Pies percentage is a key factor going forward..lost 10 percent last two games all up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back