Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda

Yeah ok. The quick dri milkshakes may of been ‘fake news’ (allegedly) but what about the brain bleed?

And Antifa is not just ‘punching Nazi’s’ now. Ma and Pa attending a Trump rally, a gay Asian videographers (I’ve decided the term journalist is overly generous), young conservative college kids...who isn’t a Nazi to them at this point? Basically it simply means anyone who doesn’t believe there radical, hardline, leftist politics.

These unwashed non binary idiots are desperately in need of someone that they listen too, to tell them that they are not the Inglourious Basterds out to get there 100 Nazi scalps.

Stop making excuses for the violent excesses of this movement.

Yeah ok. The quick dri milkshakes may of been ‘fake news’ (allegedly) but what about the brain bleed?

And Antifa is not just ‘punching Nazi’s’ now. Ma and Pa attending a Trump rally, a gay Asian videographers (I’ve decided the term journalist is overly generous), young conservative college kids...who isn’t a Nazi to them at this point? Basically it simply means anyone who doesn’t believe there radical, hardline, leftist politics.

These unwashed non binary idiots are desperately in need of someone that they listen too, to tell them that they are not the Inglourious Basterds out to get there 100 Nazi scalps.

Stop making excuses for the violent excesses of this movement.
What does “gay and Asian” have to do with it? You keep mentioning that.

And who are these frail old people and university level adults that are getting beaten up?

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
What does “gay and Asian” have to do with it? You keep mentioning that.

And who are these frail old people and university level adults that are getting beaten up?

I keep mentioning his race and ethnicity as these idiots are supposed to be concerned with such things aren’t they?

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
I came across this tweet via an ALP supporter I follow and posted it initially on the GD board but I will relocate it here as it is probably the most appropriate thread for it.

We have a female retail worker who may be overworked and underpaid, something the SJW champions would be polite to when dealing with them in person. Instead this idiot thought it was cool to abuse her after she refused to serve a man a donut when he didn't have enough money to pay for it and then go and run to her female echo chamber on Twitter for a few high fives.

The adult worker did her job correctly and how do we know if she was aware of the man's disability.

And quite appalling to link it to a court case where an offender was jailed for stealing a Woolies roast chook (I haven't got enough details of that cass to pass accurate judgement on the verdict I must say).
20190708_131436.jpg

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
In the UK the Office for National Statistics found that Chinese and Indian workers consistently had the highest median hourly pay of any ethnic group including white British workers. Jahad Rahman, an employment lawyer thought that the figures reveal that Chinese and Indian workers are most likely to have excelled within the education system and, as a result, earn higher wages after graduating.

But apparently, 'class and race still appear to be obstacles to progression within the workplace' because Bangladeshis, Pakistanis and black employees earn less than white people.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
In the UK the Office for National Statistics found that Chinese and Indian workers consistently had the highest median hourly pay of any ethnic group including white British workers. Jahad Rahman, an employment lawyer thought that the figures reveal that Chinese and Indian workers are most likely to have excelled within the education system and, as a result, earn higher wages after graduating.

But apparently, 'class and race still appear to be obstacles to progression within the workplace' because Bangladeshis, Pakistanis and black employees earn less than white people.

Class yes. Chinese and Indians are outliers in many of these studies, you would probably get similar data in Australia with Indians and Chinese specifically. A good chunk of Indian and Chinese students studying abroad, living abroad or are first generation born are from affluent upbringings, so have high levels of social mobility.

Its funny people dont realise that many of the issues with neo-liberal capitalism now are a direct result of the bourgeois class in the US, UK, Aust etc choosing to mobilise the Chinese and Indian middle class instead of our own. ultimately the reason for this data is western countries chose very-poor people from other countries to build s**t we dont really need instead of our own sort-of-poor people.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I keep mentioning his race and ethnicity as these idiots are supposed to be concerned with such things aren’t they?

God I hate Radicals like this on both sides. Im a leftie but man why are they always fat, like the right and left people. Why cant we get back to hot intellectual 60s 70s protestors. Almost everyone there has love handles.

Class yes. Chinese and Indians are outliers in many of these studies, you would probably get similar data in Australia with Indians and Chinese specifically. A good chunk of Indian and Chinese students studying abroad, living abroad or are first generation born are from affluent upbringings, so have high levels of social mobility.

Its funny people dont realise that many of the issues with neo-liberal capitalism now are a direct result of the bourgeois class in the US, UK, Aust etc choosing to mobilise the Chinese and Indian middle class instead of our own. ultimately the reason for this data is western countries chose very-poor people from other countries to build s**t we dont really need instead of our own sort-of-poor people.
Culture that values education and success has children who do well and school and succeed.

Shocking.

Whats your angle here?
That successful cultures tend to carry that success wherever they go.

Whether that's on the micro scale of a family teaching their children better methods and valuing things like education so highly or on a larger scale of that attitude being so engrained within the culture that it's almost a stereotype.

Being a minority in a nation and facing racist attitudes has crippled the Asian Americans so much they are the highest income earners and have their qualifying scores for tertiary education reduced because they are too good.

I won't even raise a comparison with a group in the opposite direction.

Indian and Eastern Asian families are firm on education and the expectations that go along with it.

Australia should be smart and let as many of those families in as they can.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
That successful cultures tend to carry that success wherever they go.

Whether that's on the micro scale of a family teaching their children better methods and valuing things like education so highly or on a larger scale of that attitude being so engrained within the culture that it's almost a stereotype.

Being a minority in a nation and facing racist attitudes has crippled the Asian Americans so much they are the highest income earners and have their qualifying scores for tertiary education reduced because they are too good.

I won't even raise a comparison with a group in the opposite direction.

Indian and Eastern Asian families are firm on education and the expectations that go along with it.

Australia should be smart and let as many of those families in as they can.
OK I read the full study

How would you explain the Bangladeshi and Black/Caribbean results? Im not baiting, just curious. I have some thoughts but I'm interested on your perspective.

OK I read the full study

How would you explain the Bangladeshi and Black/Caribbean results? Im not baiting, just curious. I have some thoughts but I'm interested on your perspective.
I think that's a symptom of being born in the UK. My experience of immigrant families are the ones that succeed land here, work hard to put their children in the best schools.

I think the reason the Chinese and Indian results are so much better are because they have been longer established and they have come from a culture that had a value to the existing UK one - they liked their food. The average Anglo can rattle off Chinese and Indian dishes. Is that because the English had a hunger for it or because it has been so widespread that they grew to like it on the back of hard working families setting up restaurants?

I expect it's the latter given how hard their parents push their children to work and get educated.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Culture that values education and success has children who do well and school and succeed.

Education is subjective though.

Take the usual bucketshop meme re Trump.

"Oh his voters are not as educated"

Yeah but they are richer.

Some education is not only worthless but has worse lifetime income results than those that didnt go on to higher education.

Thus the rational personal questions what is "education"?

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Oldie but a damn goodie.

And completely on point.

The ‘raise your hand if you agree’ footage is a devastating blow to all those who would have you believe it’s only a ‘minority’ that are the problem.

Education is subjective though.

Take the usual bucketshop meme re Trump.

"Oh his voters are not as educated"

Yeah but they are richer.

Some education is not only worthless but has worse lifetime income results than those that didnt go on to higher education.

Thus the rational personal questions what is "education"?

You're right, the Bachelor of Unicorn Polishing degrees count as education for those surveys, but they aren't going to make much for that.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I think that's a symptom of being born in the UK. My experience of immigrant families are the ones that succeed land here, work hard to put their children in the best schools.

I think the reason the Chinese and Indian results are so much better are because they have been longer established and they have come from a culture that had a value to the existing UK one - they liked their food. The average Anglo can rattle off Chinese and Indian dishes. Is that because the English had a hunger for it or because it has been so widespread that they grew to like it on the back of hard working families setting up restaurants?

I expect it's the latter given how hard their parents push their children to work and get educated.

Actually most 'Indian' restaurants in the UK are run by Bangladeshis. This is a pointer as to why they might earn less. They tend to be quite insular within family structures and local communities that are almost completely Bangladeshi. Some immigrants never learn English, never work or they perform low skilled jobs. They do not have a tradition of aspiring to go to university, especially females. The situation has changed in recent years but the problem was never that they were discriminated against more than Indians or Chinese.

The Pakistani community in the UK is similar to the Bangladeshis but performs more poorly for employment activity levels and income because they don't have so many family businesses.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
OK I read the full study

I think their grouping together of Black African, Caribbean or Black British is invalid. You might call it racist. There's a vast range of cultures, traditions and backgrounds being assumed to have something in common because of their appearance.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think their grouping together of Black African, Caribbean or Black British is invalid. You might call it racist. There's a vast range of cultures, traditions and backgrounds being assumed to have something in common because of their appearance.

Look at census figures. Vs over Australians and Kiwis.

58,000 people identified themselves as Gypsy or Irish Traveller in the 2011 Census (0.1 per cent of the usual resident population of England and Wales)

Yet they get a separate category!

White British and White Irish decreased between 2001 and 2011. The remaining ethnic groups increased, Any Other White background had the largest increase of 1.1 million (1.8 percentage points)

Back