Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to up the anti on this 20 year old, I don't think he's learnt his lesson yet, let's go full troll to make ourselves feel better shall we?

Mate I tend to remember you being out on your own being critical when we were travelling well, now you are out on your own being supportive of anyone and everything when we hit rock bottom. Enjoy being different?

Mate I tend to remember you being out on your own being critical when we were travelling well, now you are out on your own being supportive of anyone and everything when we hit rock bottom. Enjoy being different?
It's hard being the only smart person let me tell ya.

I don't enjoy it at all

I love it ta, oh yeah!

It’s certainly gone a long way to ******* up our season, so I hope he realises that guys like Greenwood, Wells, Dunn and co. might not get another shot while he’s ignoring a gambling policy that an eight-year-old could understand.

I couldn’t be more angry with the kid, but this is not all on his head. We were playing poorly before his suspension, and he can’t be blamed for Sier being a shell of last year, Cox in shocking form, Beams having issues and on it goes. The whole club is struggling ATM.

Stevo is 20 years old. He has just blighted the start of what should be a brilliant career. He may even be too young to fully realise the import of what he’s done.

For his state of mind and mental health we need to close ranks and help him through. He has made a horrendous mistake but he doesn’t need the wrath of Pies fans making it worse.

If Stevo plays last night, I reckon we win....so yeah, this loss is on him.

Wouldn’t we be better off putting the loss on the bloke who was on the field who missed two easy set shots in front of goal?

I couldn’t be more angry with the kid, but this is not all on his head. We were playing poorly before his suspension, and he can’t be blamed for Sier being a shell of last year, Cox in shocking form, Beams having issues and on it goes. The whole club is struggling ATM.

Stevo is 20 years old. He has just blighted the start of what should be a brilliant career. He may even be too young to fully realise the import of what he’s done.

For his state of mind and mental health we need to close ranks and help him through. He has made a horrendous mistake but he doesn’t need the wrath of Pies fans making it worse.

+1

It’s situations like these we really see the worst of us.

What’s the point of paying out on a lad who has stuffed up?

Do folks really believe he (and others) wouldn’t be learning a lesson from this?

If folks are really so genuinely upset, then why not call for him to be traded out at season’s end so we can replace him with a lad who hasn’t sat on the couch and gambled with a mate?

His loss has destabilized our team immensely.......yes that’s how important this player is to our Team.

Only at Collingwood do we find new ways to shoot our selves in the foot.

I wonder if this bit is true? https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...time-arrives-for-magpies-20190704-p5244f.html

"We hear rumblings a few cracks might have opened up between some of the younger players and the club’s leaders over how the situation was handled."

Handled? Stephenson was talking about losing a multi straight after a game, was Howe supposed to ignore that? For all Howe knew, the AFL could have already been investigating. Stephenson did the wrong thing, Howe did the right thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is beyond ridiculous.

We couldn't get the ball inside 50 and the culprit for our loss is an inside 50 player, who didn't even play.

So arguably our quickest forward who knows when and where to lead wouldn’t have had any bearing on our forward entries or improve our ball movement?

Yeah you’re right we don’t miss Stepho at all.

I wonder if this bit is true? https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...time-arrives-for-magpies-20190704-p5244f.html

"We hear rumblings a few cracks might have opened up between some of the younger players and the club’s leaders over how the situation was handled."

Handled? Stephenson was talking about losing a multi straight after a game, was Howe supposed to ignore that? For all Howe knew, the AFL could have already been investigating. Stephenson did the wrong thing, Howe did the right thing.

This is one of those rare moments where the board led by Ed need to step into the football program and lay down some values.

The way a club responds to these situations is entirely values driven. Further, these values are governance issues, which the board is entirely responsible for.

Consider a parent busts their kid shoplifting - does the parent sweep it under the carpet, or does the parent grab their kid by the ear and march them back to the shop to return the goods? Which ever way the parent responds to such a situation, it sets a standard and lays down a foundation of values. Yeah, s**t sometimes happens, and in Stephenson’s case the shopkeeper still insisted on calling the cops. And FFS did we really need to go through all that? Yes. Because values.

We don’t know how the club have responded to this, but as Vicky Park pointed our earlier in the thread, if this is causing problems for the team then it is something that would be falling on Ed’s shoulders.

We couldn't get the ball inside 50 and the culprit for our loss is an inside 50 player, who didn't even play.
This.
How can we blame it on Stephenson.
What difference would he have made.
You need to get the ball inside 50 first.

Of course we miss him but he is hardly the reason for our loss.

+1

It’s situations like these we really see the worst of us.

What’s the point of paying out on a lad who has stuffed up?

Do folks really believe he (and others) wouldn’t be learning a lesson from this?

If folks are really so genuinely upset, then why not call for him to be traded out at season’s end so we can replace him with a lad who hasn’t sat on the couch and gambled with a mate?

I doubt Stevo would be upset if we paid him out...

Can’t have that.
Stephenson works up the ground a hell of a lot.
He is involved in a lot of springboarding attacks from the half back line/wings. And in a lot of those plays he is also on the receiving end in 50 because of his speed across the ground.
He is not a stay at home in 50 forward. And that fact only makes his loss harder to cover.

Wouldn’t we be better off putting the loss on the bloke who was on the field who missed two easy set shots in front of goal?

no, why does the dickhead who ****ed up suddenly get a free pass from being criticised for wrecking our season.

Jaidyn ****ed up and his idiotic decision cost us the game.

no, why does the dickhead who f’ed up suddenly get a free pass from being criticised for wrecking our season...

What would be the point?

Why should the players who are actually on the field be given a free pass for poor performances?

What’s the point of blaming somebody who now has no control over the outcome? Can’t change the past- and I’m sure Jayden would be the first who would want to if he could.

Jaidyn f’ed up ...

Nobody would disagree with that.

... and his idiotic decision cost us the game.

Nah, he’s no more responsible for this loss as he was for the win against the Bulldogs.

no, why does the dickhead who f’ed up suddenly get a free pass from being criticised for wrecking our season.

Jaidyn f’ed up and his idiotic decision cost us the game.
Missing 10 games is not quite a free pass.

Nobody is giving him a free pass, but it’s done.

As a team it hurts big time.

But public floggings don’t actually make anything better.

Seven more games to miss. That’s the only reality.

The rest is talking into the wind.

So arguably our quickest forward who knows when and where to lead wouldn’t have had any bearing on our forward entries or improve our ball movement?

Yeah you’re right we don’t miss Stepho at all.
I'm certainly not saying we don't miss Stephenson, but I dont recall WCE fans going on the attack against Gaff when they lost a couple they should have won in the middle of last season.

And in terms of missing a player through stupidity, I think we're missing Adams more. Regulation groin injury, warms up to try to come back on in the game he injured it in, probably aggravating it. Tries to come back too early and reinjures it, not once but twice.

But that's footy. Players miss games. When they do, otherd have to step up. If noone steps up, you don't point the finger at the bloke who is missing.

Can’t have that.
Stephenson works up the ground a hell of a lot.
He is involved in a lot of springboarding attacks from the half back line/wings. And in a lot of those plays he is also on the receiving end in 50 because of his speed across the ground.
He is not a stay at home in 50 forward. And that fact only makes his loss harder to cover.
If I was a Richmond supporter, this is what I'd post:

#pieshaveasuspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back