Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny I was looking through some old vids after the under 18s champs, found a lil snippet of old mate Sydney 'the greatest player to ever bless the earth' Stack locking down on Walshy @2:42 hope we see that round 1 next year to shut all the tigs supporters up xD

anyone who passes on that bloke is insane - a player to build a flag team around............

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting little tidbit in the Doc radio interview.

Mentions that JSOS had put plenty of time into planning to combat Fyfe during the week leading into the game. Wasn't just an "Uh-oh, Fyfe is doing some damage, who can we throw on him" moment for the coaches, they'd actually identified JSOS as the one and had him work with Ed during the week, going over footage and strategies for curbing Fyfe's influence.

For those lauding Teague's ability to think on the fly, I think this is a really pertinent point. Seems to me it's not flexibility or quick-thinking or creativity, per se, it's thorough planning for likely changes that might need to be made. Good to see.

Beer n Skittles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Rampage

Mentions that JSOS had put plenty of time into planning to combat Fyfe during the week leading into the game. Wasn't just an "Uh-oh, Fyfe is doing some damage, who can we throw on him" moment for the coaches, they'd actually identified JSOS as the one and had him work with Ed during the week, going over footage and strategies for curbing Fyfe's influence.

For those lauding Teague's ability to think on the fly, I think this is a really pertinent point. Seems to me it's not flexibility or quick-thinking or creativity, per se, it's thorough planning for likely changes that might need to be made. Good to see.
Even had Marchbank as a backup to the backup option

Doc is going to make a great coach when his footying is finished.

My fear is it will happen sooner rather than later :(

You mean ... dare I say it? We ... we had a Plan B?

Woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back