2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good win by the Beagles. Rotham was very impressive. Brayshaw, Josh Smith, Ainsworth, Reid with 4 again, Allen and Watson were excellent performers. Mutimer on ball also did some good things. Keeping the pressure on those in the ones.

Encouraging team performance by the Eagles WAFL side today.

Good games by midfielders Smith, Allen, Brayshaw and Ainsworth.

Defenders Rotham, Mutimer, Watson and Fisher solid.

Reid played well again with 22 touches and 4.3.

Last edited:
Allen and Brayshaw are looking a class above today. Would love for any of them to get a game in the seniors before the end of the season.
Name me one out of Sheed, Redden, Yeo, Shuey and Gaff that Mallen could replace to get a game. It is what it is, he just have to keep pushing and knocking on the door. For now, Premiership players in form or even half of form stay ahead of him. If Mallen goes next 4 weeks, avg 35 touches and 4 goals a game, then you have a point. Until then, Keep racking up numbers.

Name me one out of Sheed, Redden, Yeo, Shuey and Gaff that Mallen could replace to get a game. It is what it is, he just have to keep pushing and knocking on the door. For now, Premiership players in form or even half of form stay ahead of him. If Mallen goes next 4 weeks, avg 35 touches and 4 goals a game, then you have a point. Until then, Keep racking up numbers.

M. Allen is definitely ready for AFL, just needs an opening. Hopefully though all our mids stay healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

njHoERu.png

cHTPAt0.png

When McInnes is cut from our list end of this year does anyone know if he will still be allowed to play for the Beagles? I'd say it's unlikely another AFL club will pick him up and while he isn't good enough to play for our first team he has been a good player for our seconds and appears to be a really good clubman; would like to see him stay a Beagle if possible.

When McInnes is cut from our list end of this year does anyone know if he will still be allowed to play for the Beagles? I'd say it's unlikely another AFL club will pick him up and while he isn't good enough to play for our first team he has been a good player for our seconds and appears to be a really good clubman; would like to see him stay a Beagle if possible.
Pretty sure they can keep him, see the chart down the bottom of this page: http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/16138/recruiting-rules-finalised-for-west-coast-wafl-team

Believe McInnes falls into the category 3rd from the bottom so he should be right considering he's been on the list more than 6 years.

What makes you think we will cut Big Fraz? He has been on our list for many a year without playing, whats 3 more years gonna matter?

Pretty sure they can keep him, see the chart down the bottom of this page: http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/16138/recruiting-rules-finalised-for-west-coast-wafl-team

Believe McInnes falls into the category 3rd from the bottom so he should be right considering he's been on the list more than 6 years.
I believe that the only thing that affects him being in the team if he is delisted is the salary constraints
Maybe if he was employed by the club in some other capacity he may be able to stay on as captain
We are allowed only one marquee player on $25000 per year. I believe that McInnis currently earns $80000 as a WCE rookie player.

I believe that the only thing that affects him being in the team if he is delisted is the salary constraints
Maybe if he was employed by the club in some other capacity he may be able to stay on as captain
We are allowed only one marquee player on $25000 per year. I believe that McInnis currently earns $80000 as a WCE rookie player.
I'm assuming he's going be de-listed by us either way and I can't see another AFL team picking him up so $25,000 is better than nothing I guess?
But yeah you'd have to give him a coaching role somewhere, could even make him an assistant coach of the Beagles.

I have changed my mind a little about Big Frase

For a long time I was very much in the delist camp because he has been on our list almost a decade and has done f#%k all

That said, from all accounts, at the Beagles he been a positive influence and a good club leader.

Perhaps keeping him on the list another year as an "in case of emergency, break glass" scenario wouldn't be all that terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back