AFL Toast Rnd 16: Win against the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugly win but it's 4 points. Swan supporters whinging about the umpires. Extremely short memories.

C'mon Crows and Eagles.

Ugly win. Win is a win nevertheless, even being 1 player down for the entire game (doesnt take a genius to figure out who i'm referring to).

I’m stoked on that.

How many times have we played like millionaires over the past decade and lost? * that s**t. I’d rather win a cripple fight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That game did prove the old adage that tall blokes don't get any shorter late in the game. Clarke was pretty horrendous for 3 quarters but his last quarter he actually beat Aliir Aliir which was very important for us.

I thought Saad was brilliant and on an extremely dangerous opponent in Papley. Zaka played his best game of the year and kept us in the game with his straight shooting. Shiel was pretty good throughout, shame he can't kick straight at goal.

Nice to see our young midfielders really rise to the occasion in the 4th with McGrath, Langford and Parish really lifting. Also say what you will about Langford and Parish but they can kick straight (although i prefer to forget that passage of play where they were handballing to each other and screwed it up so badly you could hear the whole crowd groaning).

Getting to that stage of the season where you have to be able to grind out wins.
Lots of boys carrying things. Captain out. Playing a mop as a ruckman.
Throw in our inability to get that forward connection and it's a remarkable win.

People say that we are an inconsistent side which is true but this team doesn't win that game the last few years. We have developed a harder edge.
The skills are very low on where they should be but it's coming along. Whether it's enough this year to accomplish something I doubt it.

It has been our young players in McGrath and parish that have really lifted last few weeks.

Awful in transition, dysfunctional in the forward half but managed to slowly turn the tide and keep the game in our forward half.

We just rope a doped the hell out of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back