Opinion Tradedraft's Thoughts

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We should add the podcasts of Kevin Rudd being sacked; and Malcolm Turnbull being sacked.

They can all wash their hands together. All victims.

Just in case, our board needs another Mick/ transition thread.

More the merrier.

We just haven’t discussed this enough.

Can’t wait.....

Popcorn at the ready. With butter.

TTRRAAVVIISS

All Australian
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was a great podcast. Malthouse doesn’t even try to settle score. There’s no spitefullness or vindictiveness in his view on things.

And the Article by the Herald Sun is fantastic too. Just pure objective facts - no spin or trying to paint people as the devil. Just a pure, measured and accurate account of the Malthouse era.

I love the story about Ed wanting to sack him in 2002 and during the game in round 2 in 2006. Flys in the face in everything Ed has ever said about sticking side by side etc. Ed’s account of 2002 was that the board wanted Malthouse gone and Ed was the white knight that came to the rescue.

Malthouse and Greg Swann clearly know it was Ed wanting him gone. Oh Ed... what have you done for me lately?? If only ya had the nuts to sack the current coach...

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I’m surprised 2009 wasn’t given as one of the occasions. Seemed very close to the sack before the handover agreement.
And ... deservedly. The way Mick keeps rewriting history, pretty soon we’ll be on the top of the premierships table and 3 or 4 flags clear of the rest due to all the flags he got us. Gees Mick I used to really respect you!!!

TTRRAAVVIISS

All Australian
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We should add the podcasts of Kevin Rudd being sacked; and Malcolm Turnbull being sacked.

They can all wash their hands together. All victims.

Just in case, our board needs another Mick/ transition thread.

More the merrier.

We just haven’t discussed this enough.

Can’t wait.....

Popcorn at the ready. With butter.

Seriously, victim?? Show some god damn respect for the most successful Collingwood coach since McHale. The man is allowed to tell his story. He built the club from nothing. We were broke. What he and Greg Swann did was phenomenal in only 3 seasons. He’s not even vilifying anyone.

Asking him to sign a confidentiality agreement during the finals in 2011?? What in the actual *? And the claim from Ed, Pert and Bucks has always been that he blind sided them Grand Final day.

Who’s re-writing history now Nathan? Truth will always come out in the end, and oh what great lies we’ve been feed by Pert, Bucks and Ed... Unforgiveable really.

A house built on lies has weak foundations. And the foundations at Collingwood have been weak since 2012.

TTRRAAVVIISS

All Australian
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
And ... deservedly. The way Mick keeps rewriting history, pretty soon we’ll be on the top of the premierships table and 3 or 4 flags clear of the rest due to all the flags he got us. Gees Mick I used to really respect you!!!

Have you even listened to the podcast? Jesus Christ you Buckley/Ed sycophants just ooze dribble

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Please don’t respond to that troll Saintly Viewed
I don’t engage with non Collingwood people unless they are polite.

• Don’t read certain non Collingwood posters’ posts. Don’t need to get dumber by reading it.
  • Life is too precious to engage with such persons.

We’ll get there.

Start with the basics.

1) get the ball
2) use the ball well
3) rinse, repeat

Then things happen.

(I’m hoping your warning does not come true. Sometimes it’s good to get things not right.)

Nov 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Have you even listened to the podcast? Jesus Christ you Buckley/Ed sycophants just ooze dribble
No, but I have seen some of his recent interviews about all of this and hence my comment. As for 2009 half the people (or more ) on here were baying for Mick’s blood, and then Eddies head for not spilling it. I am not a sycophant for Ed, Bucks or anyone else (and I take offence at your labelling), but I do remember Mick’s time at the club very well. The highs of 2002,3,7, 10 & 11 and the terrible lows before during and after. All through the Malthouse years at Collingwood I had great respect for him and continually defended him when others wanted his head, however since He left us, I have had to endure the spiteful and at times ridiculous rewriting of history.
N/B I defended my positon without any personal attacks on anyone!

Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seriously, victim?? Show some god damn respect for the most successful Collingwood coach since McHale. The man is allowed to tell his story. He built the club from nothing. We were broke. What he and Greg Swann did was phenomenal in only 3 seasons. He’s not even vilifying anyone.

Asking him to sign a confidentiality agreement during the finals in 2011?? What in the actual fu**? And the claim from Ed, Pert and Bucks has always been that he blind sided them Grand Final day.

Who’s re-writing history now Nathan? Truth will always come out in the end, and oh what great lies we’ve been feed by Pert, Bucks and Ed... Unforgiveable really.

A house built on lies has weak foundations. And the foundations at Collingwood have been weak since 2012.
Lel.
But for a fortunate bounce of the footy Malthouse would be as successful as Buckley in the premiership stakes.
Now imagine if a certain block on a player was called as the infringement it was.
Sliding doors.

Jeepers, a couple of terrible losses sure brings out the flogs on this board.

Aug 27, 2017
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who the hell cares? This is ancient news re-visited and no doubt loaded with MM's spin. I'm sure Ed and Bucks would have a different version of MM's "truth" but I hope that they refrain from biting, as that's what Fox would want; publicity for their podcast.

And fellow Magpie posters, don't respond to that well-known troll TTRRAAVVIISS, who was of course early into this thread. It is obvious from his posting history that he is NOT a Collingwood supporter, so he doesn't deserve our respect.

Aug 25, 2007
Gladstone Qld
AFL Club
Collingwood

Asking him to sign a confidentiality agreement during the finals in 2011?? What in the actual fu**? And the claim from Ed, Pert and Bucks has always been that he blind sided them Grand Final day.

OMFG most successful coach 1 flag in 12 years
McHale had 8
Matthews has a better strike rate 1 in 10 years

the bloke should just crawl in a hole and go away

Not sure we need a thread on this, and we as a group don't benefit in any way by revisiting this Pandora's box again. It's been done to death IMO. Time we move on.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Infuriating to hear him talk about 2011. Admits what every Pies supporter knew except him. Goldsack probably should’ve been the sub instead of Fasolo.

He talks about Reid and Toovey being injured in the finals, it was obvious to everyone that our backline had several injured and underdone players and needed cover. Yet Fasolo was the sub and Reid on one leg was kept on Hawkins.

He always talks like he is bigger than the club and beyond being questioned.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club

Lord, some people have short memories. Malthouse is a good coach. Malthouse did a good job at Colllingwood. Malthouse is dishonest. Malthouse is self centred. Malthouse has a nasty streak when he feels he has been crossed. There were times when I was calling for Malthouse to be sacked as I watched us chip the pill along the boundary line and continually fail in our finals campaigns. He derailed our 2011 premiership push with his astonishingly selfish appearance on the Footy Show. He is an egotist. He was a surly, bitter man at press conferences and treated the journos with contempt even when they asked the most simple, obvious questions. Maybe Malthouse is a different man away from footy. Most of his players clearly loved him.I only know him from his involvement in our game and what I saw didn't impress me.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Lel.
But for a fortunate bounce of the footy Malthouse would be as successful as Buckley in the premiership stakes.
Now imagine if a certain block on a player was called as the infringement it was.
Sliding doors.

Correct.

Lel.
Sliding doors.

No One is Forcing you to be on hear and read it

SchuPie

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Canucks
Truth. They could all be right, all be wrong.

However (IMO) the time he should have been sacked was when he appeared on the Footy Show.
Don’t care if we had bowed out of the finals in straight sets. That was individual before club and im still bitter about it — and prob clouds all my judgement in regards to MM.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Lel.
Sliding doors.

Or a decent coach wouldn’t have thought you could defend a 3 goal lead for 3 qtrs...But yeah blame the umpires...

Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Or a decent coach wouldn’t have thought you could defend a 3 goal lead for 3 qtrs...But yeah blame the umpires...
Nah. WC deserved the win.
Were the better team. Fact.
But like I said. Sliding doors.
Malthouse was a 'normal' bounce away from being a loser.
Buckley was a kick away from being a premiership coach.
Cest la vie.
I'm not in either coaches camp.
Just an observer of my club and the game.
The flogs on here after a couple of losses though.
Just foggy.

Back