Preview Round 16, 2019: North Melbourne v St.Kilda - Blundstone Arena, Sunday 7th July, 3:20PM AEST *BILLINGS' 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ha.......if you say so!

You guys definitely shouldn't take him if Richo does (not saying he will) get sacked.

Mate I’m at the point where I’d take Mark Neeld at the moment just to move on from our current coach. It seems you had the same mindset when Scott was still your coach? I think a new coach & a new voice is needed just for a circuit breaker. Most employees in senior leadership in the private & govt sectors last about 2 years because they get stale in their position. Coaching obviously has a longer tenure but same principles apply. Majority of the time you need to rotate those people employed in high positions of authority to keep things new & innovative & ticking over. We are well & truly there, beyond expiry.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Overrated roast.

It’s fairly clear with injuries and the like, we just don’t have and depth.

But if we lose to North, watch White and Langlands come in against Geelong.. just to teach them the lesson of Cho.
Objection your honour.

Post goes to the fact the Newnes only gets picked because he's part of the boys club and Geary loves him.

If this is the case, why did he get dropped in the first place.

Defence rests...

Still can't believe young Darren Longerlands can't get a look in for us.

Have a look at Hind, he is a better find for us than most of our top 20 draft picks.
Agree Daunting Longerhands should be given a crack 👍🏻

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate I’m at the point where I’d take Mark Neeld at the moment just to move on from our current coach. It seems you had the same mindset when Scott was still your coach? I think a new coach & a new voice is needed just for a circuit breaker. Most employees in senior leadership in the private & govt sectors last about 2 years because they get stale in their position. Coaching obviously has a longer tenure but same principles apply. Majority of the time you need to rotate those people employed in high positions of authority to keep things new & innovative & ticking over. We are well & truly there, beyond expiry.

Absolutely the same mind set regarding the coach and frustrations

I haven't listened to Scott pressers in two years as he's an absolute clown.

So yes, i get exactly how you must be feeling.

Totally agree with rest of post about leadership and stale, especially new voice and ideas to reinvigorate.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
I'm hearing Scotty Watters to be re-appointed with Neeld the senior assistant.

Judge can I approach the bench?

Defence is badgering the witness.

2q0kccm.jpg

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whilst he certainly had his faults and it was time for him to move on, I’m a little sick and tired of Scott bashing from North supporters.

Were they bagging him when we came back and beat Essendon in 2014 final, or the week after when we jumped Geelong and won the game in the first qrt? Or how about the following year when we physched out Richmond and beat them, or at half time in the prelim when we lead west coast.

Scott’s biggest problem was his refusal to get tough with players he loved. And that lead to inconsistency from senior guys. But some of that criticism must fall on the players themselves if they are honest with themselves.

On a positive note, ask Higgins and Waite what he did for them to turn their careers around. Ask Anderson and Jacobs (if he’s still alive somewhere) how he got the best out of them.

If Scott can learn from his short comings at North he will make an excellent senior coach again IMO. One thing you need to be certain of first is that you have the talent on the list already, because Scott teams don’t spend long down the bottom to collect draft picks. He will do everything he can to win every single game from day 1.

Game Day;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back