RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whispy whisper, whispers that Jensen made a successful return to doutta stars kicking 2 snags and leading the stars to win. Looks like Jensen and winning go hand in hand.
Thought I would go and watch today, yes he did and yes they won, however; he got a blue card that almost cost his side the game.

Well done to Melton last week. Awesome win and I'm sure one of their best in recent memory.
Conditions are irrelevant they were the best team on the day.
Big game between Diggers and Riddell this week. Word around is both teams have a lot of players out so dont think we can take much out of the result other than it will be very important to where both teams finish on the ladder.
To way into the Jensen debate, the only people that know the truth would be Jensen and Romsey, either way disappointing that we lose a quality player from the comp.
Shocking news for Romsey no matter how you spin it, losing your best player will be hard to cover.
I heard the Diggers rumour as well but i believe he works with one of the Diggers Sponsors.

was wondering if anyone from rupo could let us know if Chambers will play this year ? one of the best local footballers ive seen
good luck to all the teams this week, hopefully we get better conditions than last

I don’t think Jensen would be that stupid to play in the RDFL next year, after burning his x team mates at Romsey. I may be wrong, I believe he was employed by Corey Romsey coach as part of him playing for Romsey.

Not sure this years leading goal kicking award will be much chop, most only kicked bags against the weaker sides, shoulda given it to Jensen as he was the most consistent goal kicker, the rest are pretty flat track bullies tbh.

Especially so with a draw where some sides play others teams twice. Not sure of the ideal solution.

Whispy would love to hear your thoughts on why jenson left Romsey

Not to sure but reading between the lines seems like mental health reasons. Not sure about the job with romesy coach as I believe some one posted earlier he works with one of the sponsor from Diggers Rest?

I've only been filled in on bits, but can confirm we have a youngster currently in hospital with facial damage after he was knocked unconscious.

And one gisborne player king hit from behind, umps called the game off, busy night at league hq Tuesday night

And one gisborne player king hit from behind, umps called the game off, busy night at league hq Tuesday night
Sounds like a spiteful Afair, correct me if I’m wrong however I thought club 18 was for players who didn’t wanna take footy that seriously?

That's exactly how I'm told this all started. A king hit on the kid from Wallan.

Yep and 8 in 4 games against the top 6 sides. Understand 22 is a huge tally but let’s not get too exited.

Not sure anyone's getting excited mate. At the end of the day everyone remembers who won the flag and not the goal kicking trophy.

Congrats to Matty Bell on his 400th game of footy today. Fair bloody effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure anyone's getting excited mate. At the end of the day everyone remembers who won the flag and not the goal kicking trophy.

Congrats to Matty Bell on his 400th game of footy today. Fair bloody effort.
What great servants and representatives Matt & Stevie Bell have been for the WFC, also Stevie doing the running for the seniors. I see Luke Zarella kicked a lazy 7 & Brenton Hanson still amongst the best players in the magoo's. Heart & soul of the club right there!

N

not the way I was told it started, I guess there will always be conflicting stories in these situations

For sure. My reports all came from Wallan people. I'm told the young fella's doing ok.

What great servants and representatives Matt & Stevie Bell have been for the WFC, also Stevie doing the running for the seniors. I see Luke Zarella kicked a lazy 7 & Brenton Hanson still amongst the best players in the magoo's. Heart & soul of the club right there!

You just don't survive without them.

Lets hope Jensengate is done and dusted and everyone can leave it all in the past.
Good to see Wallan u18s beat Rupo thus inflicting 1st loss for year.Rupo the benchmark most years since crossing over though im guessing they played a couple fellas in seniors yesterday which helped?
Great effort by Matty Bell I reckon he can get 500 up too.
Perri no flat track bully thats for certain.Unfortunately Wallan have not played their best against the good teams thus starving him of decent supply.Thats irrelevant now as its all about the future not the past.
Still massive respect for Rockbank as they could of flooded and stalled however they simply tried to move it forward and score themselves rather than just be negative.Still kept at it and didnt resort to cheap shots as some do in those situations.
Top 3 battle will continue till seasons completion which is a change from past seasons.

The league must be investigating what the future of the comp looks like. No football person can be that naive to think what we have today is sustainable. I would just wish they involve their stakeholders more in this process although I am sure many would agree consultation with the key stakeholders is not one of our leagues strong suits. IMO the RDFNL needs to market itself as an attractive league and look to attract teams. The EDFL and WRFL have made it clear what their vision is and they are trying to attract clubs, our league needs to do the same.

Weekend results interesting, Romsey demise commenced?, Diggers struggling to keep pace, huge win by Riddell to shake up the top 4, Centrals still celebrating now finals thoughts over?

The league must be investigating what the future of the comp looks like. No football person can be that naive to think what we have today is sustainable. I would just wish they involve their stakeholders more in this process although I am sure many would agree consultation with the key stakeholders is not one of our leagues strong suits. IMO the RDFNL needs to market itself as an attractive league and look to attract teams. The EDFL and WRFL have made it clear what their vision is and they are trying to attract clubs, our league needs to do the same.

Weekend results interesting, Romsey demise commenced?, Diggers struggling to keep pace, huge win by Riddell to shake up the top 4, Centrals still celebrating now finals thoughts over?
Couldn’t agree more with your post mate, although consultation with stakeholders would require league hq to remove there head from their you know what.
Have a look at what the edfl, wrfl and nfnl do to promote their leagues ie media stuff, junior rep programs etc all very professional the way they go about it, the rdfl have been left in the ice age when it comes to this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back