Review Showdown 47 Post Mortem - Port Federers v Adelaide Tomics

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain to me why after having mainly the same 5 players rotate through the middle in the 3rd quatyer (Crouches, Sloane, Greenwood with ROB) & getting comprehensively smashed.... rather than mix things up with say Milera, Smth, or anyone who believes in clearances... we stick to more of the same.

Were the coaching staff stoned?

"We'll get to it".

No you won't, you've never done so in the past.

I honestly couldnt give a flying * if the players are 'shattered'. Why do they keep foisting that weird attempt at emotional blackmail on us?

Can someone explain to me why after having mainly the same 5 players rotate through the middle in the 3rd quatyer (Crouches, Sloane, Greenwood with ROB) & getting comprehensively smashed.... rather than mix things up with say Milera, Smth, or anyone who believes in clearances... we stick to more of the same.

Were the coaching staff stoned?

Because they don't believe in changes.

We've always taken the position that we've gotten it right from the beginning, and that any errors were the result of execution.

Insipid.

Not a fan of Douglas and Mackay by any means, but who would we play instead? Jones, Wilson and Davis have all been substandard when they’ve played AFL; they don’t go any way to changing today’s result.

Agree the whole coaching panel is abysmal and perhaps controversially maintain Walker and Betts aren’t AFL standard at this stage of their careers.

Port are a club that LURCHES from season to season, week to week with signings, failed scenarios, upheavals etc etc. And yet they have more character, more youthful developing players and more respect in the footy world than the slow and steady and same Adelaide Crows. I'm sick of the club. We just roll on year after year. We had a hope with Walsh but fate was against us. Someone needs to kick the shxt out of this club.

Mackay returns.......says it all doesn't it ?

You are kidding me right, the only thing I have heard from opposition supporters and the media in Melbourne is that we are one of the most successfully interstate club on and off the field in the AFL and strongest club in SA so I am not sure what you are talking about.
Yeah...Crows are brilliant and a VERY well run club then....with nothing to show for it in 21 years....ok.
All other clubs are in awe of us....if only they could be as successful as us. West Coast should copy what we do.....they are a pathetic interstate club.....as are Sydney. Your funny.

Play anyone over Douglas tonight and they would have been better. he's been a great player but he's shown he's no longer up to it. Give Chayce a game instead.
Gibbs needs to show some heart, reckon he'd have done anything out there tonight? Avoided contests Atkins style?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane's worst game since he was tagged in 2017.
There was an extreme moment where Sloane and other Crow defenders misread that incoming ball completely which not only looked comical but resulted in a Port goal and their resurgence. Set the tone for a diabolical Crows effort in the second half. And all after Tex started the second half with an inspiring goal.

Yeah...Crows are brilliant and a VERY well run club then....with nothing to show for it in 21 years....ok.
All other clubs are in awe of us....if only they could be as successful as us. West Coast should copy what we do.....they are a pathetic interstate club.....as are Sydney. Your funny.
I think you are confusing us with the hand-out, infamous Primus era, and record Grand Final losing margin interstate club in Port Power. And I never said West Coast and Sydney are pathetic interstate clubs, I said we are view as one of the most successfully interstate club in the AFL (along with those two) by the Melbourne based supporter and media so I am not sure where you are getting mail from that the Crows are "laughed" at as an AFL club.

Actually your username is funny.......you are not a troll are you?

Another year done.
Chalk it up as bad luck
Same again in 2020.
Sell the dream to deluded supporters over the preseason...show some photos of Fogs huge abs and tree trunk legs....talk up the draftees.
Job done.
Why change anything ???...the money is rolling in and success would just be a nice bonus if it comes along.
Typical 2 team town mentality...that sums up the AFC to a tee !!!!

Port are a club that LURCHES from season to season, week to week with signings, failed scenarios, upheavals etc etc. And yet they have more character, more youthful developing players and more respect in the footy world than the slow and steady and same Adelaide Crows. I'm sick of the club. We just roll on year after year. We had a hope with Walsh but fate was against us. Someone needs to kick the shxt out of this club.

Mackay returns.......says it all doesn't it ?
More character....?? .did you hear/see they s**t they coped from the previous week performance, any team would have respond.

I'm looking forward to smashing south Africa in the cricket & get more drunk than 1970crow but will still make more sense than marty36 on a good day.

Don't give a s**t aboit forty now...

what's the point? you know england will roll out a completely flat pitch and win the final or india will win it while getting all mouthy at everyone.
hoping that we can win it. if not, then maybe new zealand. not hopeful.

Here's my optimistic take.- Pyke's obvious lack of 2nd half moves was a masterstroke , he is using this loss as a catalyst
to inspire the boys for a serious back half of the season..;)

Actually your username is funny.......you are not a troll are you?
Lol....i'm a gutted paid up member sick of this shi t ....when i finally crack the sads after watching 9 goals to ZIP kicked against the show pony Crows...you call me a troll ???

Your not Brett Burton are you ????

You the guy calling fiveaa saying you hate Pyke. It was very harsh. I hate Fagan and Burton. They are not giving Pyke the right assistants
You the guy calling fiveaa saying you hate Pyke. It was very harsh. I hate Fagan and Burton. They are not giving Pyke the right assistants

Maybe not in his first few year but he picked Mattner and Godden and chose to keep the others around.

For me the biggest problem is the midfield. We are so one paced in there and none of them really have great skills. None of them spread from the contest or have great defensive games.

Still can't believe why we haven't developed a tagger. Every other team tags our best player Sloane yet every week we watch the best opposition player carve us up without tagging them.

Crouch brothers are great accumulator of the footy but both have little hurt factor. How many games has b crouch been tagged? Shows how little they probably rate him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back