Preview Round 16, 2019 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The footy seems to have got a lot more gruesome the last couple of rounds , spots for the 8 tightening up ,teams focusing more than ever on their defensive structures.

If you're good enough to do it the teams that break the mould are going to be successful and I feel that West Coast have the cattle to do it.

GWS don't worry me as much as they did at the start of the year , I feel their defence is vulnerable and Mummy and Whitfield out of their M/F reduces their opportunities.

On paper tomorrow is as good a chance as we'll get to knock them off this year away from the Gabba.

But we need to cut out the wastefulness that's cost us a couple of games this year.

We don't need to win tomorrow, but absolutely must be competitive. You get the feeling the true contenders are starting to come out. Our last few weeks indicate we are in the mix but a competitive loss/win would be a statement that we belong in the 8 and furthermore give the boys belief a hostile Port crowd will be our bitch.

* me excited for this one!

Lester is a defensive beast. Watch him off the ball. He holds structure and yells instructions to the likes of Starc, Answerth, Bailey etc to also hold the zone. He is also able to judge when to go off his man and impact a contest. Offensively he tries to overlap and his kicking is more assured than the likes of Allison etc. Very decent player. McStay is playing very much a defensive forward role. He crashes packs. He taps the ball on to our smaller crumbing forwards. His below knees ability as a tall is ridiculously good and frees up the smaller forwards with little handballs. Just look at all the goals of the match and watch McStays involvement. You will see him taking out 2 players with a pack crash then deft tap onto McCarthy/Cameron/Rayner etc. He also does the 1%ers like shepperd and tackle. He isnt a premier KPF but he is a decent role playing forward.

Also does anyone know much about Giants stadium? Am I able to bring in food/water bottles/soft drink in plastic bottles to the game? How do I use the free trains to get to the game? Do I show someone my game ticket when going into the station? 2 hrs of train rides await me.

Lester is a defensive beast. Watch him off the ball. He holds structure and yells instructions to the likes of Starc, Answerth, Bailey etc to also hold the zone. He is also able to judge when to go off his man and impact a contest. Offensively he tries to overlap and his kicking is more assured than the likes of Allison etc. Very decent player. McStay is playing very much a defensive forward role. He crashes packs. He taps the ball on to our smaller crumbing forwards. His below knees ability as a tall is ridiculously good and frees up the smaller forwards with little handballs. Just look at all the goals of the match and watch McStays involvement. You will see him taking out 2 players with a pack crash then deft tap onto McCarthy/Cameron/Rayner etc. He also does the 1%ers like shepperd and tackle. He isnt a premier KPF but he is a decent role playing forward.

Also does anyone know much about Giants stadium? Am I able to bring in food/water bottles/soft drink in plastic bottles to the game? How do I use the free trains to get to the game? Do I show someone my game ticket when going into the station? 2 hrs of train rides await me.
I think Lester has something to offer defensively and in his on-field leadership but describing him as a defensive beast is probably a bit OTT. His issue has always been a lack of pace. Will probably be overtaken as best 22 in the next 12 mths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back