Recommitted Will Brodie [re-signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Does seem the suns are unwilling to develop him. Powell gets 4 touches yet plays? Lol lucky to get a 2nd round pick at this rate
They play completely different positions. Powell plays on the wing (FWIW I would have rested him this week though) while Brodie is an inside player, which we have an abundance of now with Swallow, Miller, Miles. None of the 4 have any express leg pace which is our main midfield issue, so someone has to miss out, because we can't carry all similar types of players.

They play completely different positions. Powell plays on the wing (FWIW I would have rested him this week though) while Brodie is an inside player, which we have an abundance of now with Swallow, Miller, Miles. None of the 4 have any express leg pace which is our main midfield issue, so someone has to miss out, because we can't carry all similar types of players.

Fully aware of where Powell plays mate he played good footy early doors playing high half foward this year... just think it's crazy to invest time into Powell and not will who has showed he can win the pill..

Fully aware of where Powell plays mate he played good footy early doors playing high half foward this year... just think it's crazy to invest time into Powell and not will who has showed he can win the pill..

Brodie has been replaced by another kid Brad Scheer who plays in the same role - but hasn’t been given an opportunity yet this season as a starting inside mid. This week he gets his shot.

Scheer was downgraded to a rookie and a decision has to made on him at seasons end. I suspect it is make or break time for him.

Brodie is contracted for another year. Still plenty of time up his sleeve.
If Scheer doesn’t perform I expect Brodie will re-gain his spot very quickly.

If Scheer manages to hold Brodie out in coming weeks, then it gives the club something to think about at seasons end.

Straight swaps.. Reports that Zac Smith could be headed back.
Zac Smith - Will Brodie?
That's like trading Nicholls for Charlie Constable.

Through in a 3rd rounder pick?
I don't think GCS want anymore Geelong left over, both GHS and Murdoch look average compare to holman and Sam Collins who is younger. For Vic club GHS and Murdoch provide big body and leadership but actual Fact is more like retirement fund.

I don't think GCS want anymore Geelong left over, both GHS and Murdoch look average compare to holman and Sam Collins who is younger. For Vic club GHS and Murdoch provide big body and leadership but actual Fact is more like retirement fund.
I can't believe GHS haven't taken the next step up there, bit sad really. As all the cats players loved him as a person.. I thought he could of had bit of Captain material about him.

Straight swaps.. Reports that Zac Smith could be headed back.
Zac Smith - Will Brodie?
He will be delisted cant see why GC would take him with Witts going so well

Wouldnt mind Brodie at Richmond , He would be the type of player we would need and wouldnt think he would be a player that GC woul stop from leaving

He will be delisted cant see why GC would take him with Witts going so well

Wouldnt mind Brodie at Richmond , He would be the type of player we would need and wouldnt think he would be a player that GC woul stop from leaving
Tigers and Dons were keen early in his U18 year
Dons eventually went with McGrath and Tigers got Prestia

If either could land Brodie and turn him around, i think they'd be fairly happy with that outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May have realised there wasn’t much interest in him down south. Carlton well stocked for mids now, Bombers would’ve been a good fit.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not much interest in a 20yo big bodied midfielder already averaging over 20 possies, 5 tackles & 5 clearances a game?

Hawks supporters 🤦‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back