Review Dogs 71 def Cats 55 // Rd 16, 2019

What role would Dahlhaus actually be filling in our team if he decided to stay?

Same as tonight, frustrating his own supporters as a pressure forward who doesn't get much of the ball.

Thats a role of sorts I guess.

Great win

I nearly killed Trengrove through the TV screen when he did "you know what" with 3 mns to go

Somebody needs to get in Jackson's ear and tell him not to think too much and when in doubt kick the ball long, wide and look to create a stoppage or an out of bounds.

I actually though he was pretty solid tonight aside from he obvious.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Good to see the early season negativity has subsided a little. At one stage I’ll admit it looked like we might now win any more games than last year, but now it looks certain and we might press for the eight (though percentage sucks).

We’ve definitely improved a lot on last year and I think we’re building a side that can cause serious damage again.

Thought Bont (save for a few moments), Macrae, Naughton, Smith and Lloyd were excellent value tonight.

Happy to see that all of Richards, McLean and Schache have benefited from their spells in the twos.

Trengove was really solid on Hawkins but ffs DO NOT ATTEMPT SHORT PASSES!

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ugly first half but great response. We went and they couldn’t stay with us. We have an elite mid that was actually a little quiet tonight. I thought Bailey Smith was great tonight, first half he had the right attitude. Dragged a few with him that was incredible.

dogsbody

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club Ltd
After the game. A number of the players embraced Dahlhaus; Ablett went out of his way to go to Smith, congratulated him, had a bit of a chat; both sides lined up to honour an umpire, not sure what that was about but those things are heart warming, especially after a good win.

Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
West Ham
Then explain the blues and suns losses?

They don’t compute to the same man that can coach like tonight
Have you ever stopped and thought that there might be many, many factors that go into winning a football match and it might not be as simple as kick ball, get goal?

Maybe the club has been working on a number of things internally and it's starting to come together. I don't think any single game is reflective on a persons ability to manage a group of young men.

Doggy Dan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Heading home after a Potter Marathon with my daughter all day and night. But time to watch replay when we get home
emoji837.png
emoji836.png
emoji838.png
On the Geelong train with a lot of Dogs fans.........and some very quiet cats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The magic was all happening elsewhere tonight!

That play is pretty f*cking cool though.......#keepthesecrets

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Then explain the blues and suns losses?

They don’t compute to the same man that can coach like tonight
You really are priceless. Coaches lose games, they find things out about their players. The team grows from adversity. If you can’t see the growth from some of the hard times from earlier this season I genuinely question what you get out of it.
Is Chris Scott a rubbish coach because he lost a game?
When was the last time you went to a game? It’s become apparent you comment without actually attending or watching games.
You used to be provocative with some knowledge but you’re now a caricature of yourself.

Back