Review Dogs 71 def Cats 55 // Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

If Schache doesn’t play I wonder if Naughton gets off leash and kicks 4 ?
I watched him a bit. A few times seemed to run to where he wasn’t meant to (in one instance he ran to man someone up who was already covered and left a Geelong player out the back, who ran off and set up a chain that led to a goal).

Don’t doubt his effort and a few good leads weren’t honoured. His ruck work at times was kind of solid.

Hope he stays in.

Last edited:
What role would Dahlhaus actually be filling in our team if he decided to stay?

The role of the one trick pony

Seriously... some toughts

Toby last quarter magnificent should play rest of season
Jack best defensive game ever truelly our best player even more important than bont
schache gives us versatility allows both naughton and english to sit in the fwd line rest and allows for seperation in the f50 i like him even if it looks like he does nothing

im sorry bevo but rsmith is way too scared to play at this level

High half forward.

He’d still get a game for us. I think he’s regained some of the spark he lost with us, purely because he doesn’t contest centre bounces any more.

Isn’t getting bashed up as much.
Played ordinary tonight, very ordinary, him and Ablett amongst their worst for mine

You really are priceless. Coaches lose games, they find things out about their players. The team grows from adversity. If you can’t see the growth from some of the hard times from earlier this season I genuinely question what you get out of it.
Is Chris Scott a rubbish coach because he lost a game?
When was the last time you went to a game? It’s become apparent you comment without actually attending or watching games.
You used to be provocative with some knowledge but you’re now a caricature of yourself.

I was a fair question and I was not being negative so if you could actually respond to the question and not dribble that would be nice.

We lost three games through poor coaching and inability to work out the same game plan against us. The blues, suns and north all beat us with the same system. I’d suggest we are a better team than all those three so they were bad losses.

We then beat Port and Geelong with very fluid movable coaching that was spot on for each opponent.

This has zero to do with personal this is coaching itself on the day and the result is actually irrelevant.

It’s possible to coach very well on the day and still not win.

But we’ll done for missing the entire point. I guess it’s too hard for some to work out so I apologise.

Hope you don’t mind the intrusion but just wanted to congratulate the Dogs - very, very impressive tonight - played the sort of game and style that wins GFs. Very reminiscent of ‘16.

Lots to like - a smart coach, super talented, young and quick mids, great team discipline and pressure and a very dangerous young forward line. A very bright future. If make finals this year will do damage.

If Schache doesn’t play I wonder if Naughton gets off leash and kicks 4 ?
This. Similar to last week where Schache played so well, it was Naughton's turn tonight.

They compliment each other really well and we just need one of them to fire provided the other is at least taking attention away.

We can't afford them both to have down games though, although at least with Naughton we can swing him back or into the ruck.

Hope you don’t mind the intrusion but just wanted to congratulate the Dogs - very, very impressive tonight - played the sort of game and style that wins GFs. Very reminiscent of ‘16.

Lots to like - a smart coach, super talented, young and quick mids, great team discipline and pressure and a very dangerous young forward line. A very bright future. If make finals this year will do damage.
I’ve not seen you guys play/kick so poorly but we do have something going on.

After the game. A number of the players embraced Dahlhaus; Ablett went out of his way to go to Smith, congratulated him, had a bit of a chat; both sides lined up to honour an umpire, not sure what that was about but those things are heart warming, especially after a good win.
Ump had a games record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a fair question and I was not being negative so if you could actually respond to the question and not dribble that would be nice.

We lost three games through poor coaching and inability to work out the same game plan against us. The blues, suns and north all beat us with the same system. I’d suggest we are a better team than all those three so they were bad losses.

We then beat Port and Geelong with very fluid movable coaching that was spot on for each opponent.

This has zero to do with personal this is coaching itself on the day and the result is actually irrelevant.

It’s possible to coach very well on the day and still not win.

But we’ll done for missing the entire point. I guess it’s too hard for some to work out so I apologise.
Again it’s everyone else who has misunderstood you. Maybe you should read what you post and realise you’re nowhere near as articulate as you think you are. There is a reason why you are continually ‘misunderstood’.

Again it’s everyone else who has misunderstood you. Maybe you should read what you post and realise you’re nowhere near as articulate as you think you are. There is a reason why you are continually ‘misunderstood’.

Ummm nope it was just you because I asked you not anyone else.

Sorry I do forgot that movable systems and structures week to week are not obvious to some and when they are questioned on it they just play the man because an answer is beyond them.

And then adding another layer of coaching method changes of numerous rounds across a season adds another level of inability to decipher so I won’t challenge you again.

Week to week is simple so let’s keep it there shall we?

Great win and have a great night

A few points ill raise
Although the odd brain fade Trengove is major important to us until we can kind another big backman. he saved us and did a job on Hawkins knowbody else could have in our side.
Talk about trading Toby should never happen again, he is a crafty user around the ground not in the forwardline
Bailey Smith will end up elite, remember it was his first preseason and even then it wasn't a full one.
Schache playing made Naughtons game more easier like the other way around last week.
Dickson is not quite cooked yet.

A few points ill raise
Although the odd brain fade Trengove is major important to us until we can kind another big backman. he saved us and did a job on Hawkins knowbody else could have in our side.
Talk about trading Toby should never happen again, he is a crafty user around the ground not in the forwardline
Bailey Smith will end up elite, remember it was his first preseason and even then it wasn't a full one.
Schache playing made Naughtons game more easier like the other way around last week.
Dickson is not quite cooked yet.
Trengove has a lot of faults but you’re right he’s a must. He’s done some great jobs on key forwards that ordinarily would get a hold of us.

Naughton, Bont, Bailey Smith, McLean, Williams, JJ, English, Lloyd, Hunter, Macrae, Duryea all brilliant tonight, great to see, amazing last 45 mins where we dominated this match. Considering the way Geelong started the match, they were out to smash us, a few missed goals and we stayed in early, great to win from the early start, go Dogs
He is a key cog, there was a reason Bev got him, he is crucial to our side.

Great upset win.

Hopefully Schache stays in the side after tonight. The 2 talls seems to work for us but it seems like one of them has a good game and the other doesn't. Not sure what to make of it.

Was a strange game overall and we only really clicked in the last term but our pressure and defensive efforts kept us in it (and their inaccuracy)

Best win of the year in an ugly contest.
Happens to most sides forward set up, Kennedy gets off the chain and Darling is quiet, and then vice versa happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back