Memorial Delonte West-Gloria James South Beach Cup 2018/2019 (Year 8)

Future of the Injury Reserve

• Add the IR slot and continue with the LTIR rules?

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Add the IR slot and allow the managers to use it as they wish?

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No changes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why were some teams picking up players after the finals had finished?
Assuming you're referring to my pickup of JJ and Tony Richo pickup of Whiteside. I could've sworn I picked up JJ during the final round but I see both myself and Tony seem to have made the adds a couple days after by the look of it. My bad tis an honest mistake I cant reverse it in Yahoo rn but will just pop it on here that the 2 adds in question made in the first week of April are my adding JJ for Dotson and Tony adding Whiteside for Delon Wright.

On an unrelated note wtf Mirotic 🤨🤨🤨 Petiton to add in Euroleague stats...😞

Last edited:
Since we're getting back into this I'm probably looking to get back into the draft at some point and considering rebuilding/retooling. With Nurkic out this year, me dropping some key role players in my conference finals loss and losing others to Europe I doubt I have the depth to make another run. Just like the Warriors what looked like a dynasty in the making a year ago kinda fell apart in the playoffs. How quickly things change in the NBA.

Trade block for the off season, well basically my whole team, with a heap of premium vets on the market for good young players and picks either this draft or next - Lebron, Westbrook, CP3, Horford, Beverly, CJ McCollum, Kuzma, WCS.

Depending upon league interest I may look at just plugging some holes and seeing if I can run better when it matters or trading everyone. Certainly some names there that could make or break the fate of other competing teams. Inbox me if u wanna chat

Happy to reverse my Whiteside pick up, if that was against the rules.
However not sure there is a rule against picking up players while Yahoo is still open is there?

Happy to reverse my Whiteside pick up, if that was against the rules.
However not sure there is a rule against picking up players while Yahoo is still open is there?
On one hand I'm not sure it's in the rules. On another it's kinda standard to roll the F.A pool into the draft pool after the season so I can see an argument for both. Does the off season begin when Yahoo closes the pickups or at the end of the fantasy playoffs? What do people think? Billy the Kidd? I'm not fussed either way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I see it as soon as your team is out of the play offs you shouldn't be picking up players. Your season is over.

Even for teams in the play offs if you're picking up players they should be active players, not stashing players for next season.

Almost all teams that miss the play offs aren't setting their teams or scouting players because their order in the draft is set

Fair enough Bostonian but I disagree completely. Some fantasy gold emerges very late in the NBA season, and if you’re saying eliminated teams aren’t scouting for those players then that’s poor management in a dynasty league in my opinion. I’m shocked that you would switch off so early in a dynasty league - surely there can be some fantasy gains to be had by picking up players the top teams drop as they start streaming to try and win finals. Anyway, happy to go with whatever the commish decides. To be honest I’m not really sure if I’m happier with Whiteside or Delon Wright anyway, so no big deal. Think we need a clear ruling for future though.

Fair enough Bostonian but I disagree completely. Some fantasy gold emerges very late in the NBA season, and if you’re saying eliminated teams aren’t scouting for those players then that’s poor management in a dynasty league in my opinion. I’m shocked that you would switch off so early in a dynasty league - surely there can be some fantasy gains to be had by picking up players the top teams drop as they start streaming to try and win finals. Anyway, happy to go with whatever the commish decides. To be honest I’m not really sure if I’m happier with Whiteside or Delon Wright anyway, so no big deal. Think we need a clear ruling for future though.
I def agree that teams should be able to make adds once eliminated. Wouldn't be fair if the top teams could add players during the finals and the bottom couldn't. Whether you can make adds after the final though vs when Yahoo decides is really the question we need a ruling on...

Are non finals teams in real life signing players when the play offs are happening?

I thought the idea was to try and mirror the real league as best as possible.

I'd prefer all signing and dropping of players ceases when the finals begin, same as the real thing.

Are non finals teams in real life signing players when the play offs are happening?

I thought the idea was to try and mirror the real league as best as possible.

I'd prefer all signing and dropping of players ceases when the finals begin, same as the real thing.
Teams have always streamed come finals though. It's not fair that half the league can add players while the other half cant. I do see where you're coming from but don't agree, otherwise finals are even more dependent on injuries & players resting than they are now. I don't disagree about adding people after the last final though. Were gonna need a ruling or a vote or something I think...

Teams have always streamed come finals though. It's not fair that half the league can add players while the other half cant. I do see where you're coming from but don't agree, otherwise finals are even more dependent on injuries & players resting than they are now. I don't disagree about adding people after the last final though. Were gonna need a ruling or a vote or something I think...

We've had a while season to be be picking up and adding players. If teams can't do their business during that huge window then it should be too bad too sad if you haven't got a team or squad ready come finals.

Did Golden State add more players when KD or Clay went down injured?

Teams out of the finals certainly don't need any more time for picking up players, they've had a whole season to do it.

We've had a while season to be be picking up and adding players. If teams can't do their business during that huge window then it should be too bad too sad if you haven't got a team or squad ready come finals.

Did Golden State add more players when KD or Clay went down injured?

Teams out of the finals certainly don't need any more time for picking up players, they've had a whole season to do it.
Yeah I get your argument in regards to realism I'm more confused by evolution of your argument. Originally you were posting about the 2 players added after the final matchup now you're saying that we should halt all transactions after the fantasy regular season. That's a lot of transactions by a lot of teams man. I've also just never been in any fantasy league that bans adding players during the fantasy playoffs. If it's what everyone wants so be it but I don't see why you're making this argument now. Like we've been doing it this way since the league started, you've been in the league for like 5 years? Why are you making this argument now as opposed to when it was going on or a year ago etc.? Anyways I honestly don't mind I'm more just confused as to the timing and why you're making such a hard line stance now. Are you proposing that all the adds during the finals are reversed or are you proposing we change the rules from now? 🤔

Yeah I get your argument in regards to realism I'm more confused by evolution of your argument. Originally you were posting about the 2 players added after the final matchup now you're saying that we should halt all transactions after the fantasy regular season. That's a lot of transactions by a lot of teams man. I've also just never been in any fantasy league that bans adding players during the fantasy playoffs. If it's what everyone wants so be it but I don't see why you're making this argument now. Like we've been doing it this way since the league started, you've been in the league for like 5 years? Why are you making this argument now as opposed to when it was going on or a year ago etc.? Anyways I honestly don't mind I'm more just confused as to the timing and why you're making such a hard line stance now. Are you proposing that all the adds during the finals are reversed or are you proposing we change the rules from now? 🤔

From now.

Teams definitely shouldn't be picking up players after the season ends though.

I haven't been in the finals so I don't pay much attention to what's going on during them. I only noticed players pilfering what should be FA going into this season after the last season had ended when I was checking my roster for this season coming.

Billy will most likely jump on today. Like Deeman and I have both said, neither of us are really bothered if we want to shut off moves as soon as the fantasy season ends. However the other suggestion of no moves during fantasy playoffs at all is crazy in my opinion. If we’re trying to base it on the real NBA, then we should’ve drafted already plus we should be actively making moves right now, to reflect the current free agency/trade window that’s going on. Good luck trying to manage that! Like I said, in a dynasty league if you stop participating as soon as you are out of the playoffs, that’s just lazy or bad management in my opinion. Sounds like we might need 2 votes commish - 1 for end of fantasy playoffs (although I think we can just make that call now, even though I disagree with that, but happy to conform to no moves post fantasy grand final). 2nd vote to say whether moves should be allowed during fantasy playoffs at all. I’ll start by voting a MASSIVE NO to that change, and add I’m not sure I want to be in a league that works that way!

Billy will most likely jump on today. Like Deeman and I have both said, neither of us are really bothered if we want to shut off moves as soon as the fantasy season ends. However the other suggestion of no moves during fantasy playoffs at all is crazy in my opinion. If we’re trying to base it on the real NBA, then we should’ve drafted already plus we should be actively making moves right now, to reflect the current free agency/trade window that’s going on. Good luck trying to manage that! Like I said, in a dynasty league if you stop participating as soon as you are out of the playoffs, that’s just lazy or bad management in my opinion. Sounds like we might need 2 votes commish - 1 for end of fantasy playoffs (although I think we can just make that call now, even though I disagree with that, but happy to conform to no moves post fantasy grand final). 2nd vote to say whether moves should be allowed during fantasy playoffs at all. I’ll start by voting a MASSIVE NO to that change, and add I’m not sure I want to be in a league that works that way!

So a whole season isn't enough time for people to have made some FA pick ups?

Not everyone has the ability to be online all the time or have as much time to dedicate to being online anytime some new player goes off.

I think the people who do have had enough of an advantage over the whole of the season.

If injuries is the problem come end season just add an extra IRL spot as the finals start so people can add an extra live player.

I give up - your argument changes every 5 minutes. Like Deeman said, your concern was about two moves post fantasy playoffs, now it keeps changing into a world of different changes. To be honest, I think your argument about not everyone being online all the time is pathetic. Being online during the fantasy playoffs is hardly a massive commitment. Are you saying if your team was in the playoffs, you wouldn’t be online? Of course you would, so I think it’s fair if you commit to a season, you can check adds/drops until at least the end of the fantasy playoffs!

I think everyone needs to chill a little. We've just had the most entertaining off season I've seen. I do agree wth Tony albeit not as savagely and without a quit threat, I think it's kinda crazy to be complaining about people making pickups during fantasy playoffs. It's a very standard league mechanism and happens in literally every NBA fantasy league. I think the 2 adds after the season, one of which is mine probably need to be reversed or at least a rule made that after the finals are done the F.A pool locks until the draft. But this is just a fun league, can we all just try and be nice...

Back