Review Showdown 47 Post Mortem - Port Federers v Adelaide Tomics

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop blaming Pyke..... get rid of Tex who has not lived up to his "potential" for the last two years....
JJ ditto.....Both built like Tarzan, play like Jane (I know this is an old one, but SOO true in this case).
Get someone there who knows how to mark and tackle.... my 90 year old grandmother has got more b.....s than they have!

Stop blaming Pyke..... get rid of Tex who has not lived up to his "potential" for the last two years....
JJ ditto.....Both built like Tarzan, play like Jane (I know this is an old one, but SOO true in this case).
Get someone there who knows how to mark and tackle.... my 90 year old grandmother has got more b.....s than they have!

Cute

Hell some of you guys need to actually know something or think before posting .
McHenry not playing this week injured and missed last week as well, so not played for many weeks .
Also not sure what 2 small physically under developed would help to apply the defensive pressure needed against Power etc
Clearly you haven't seen both McHenry and Jones run and tackle against men in the SANFL??? Although they are small in size, they tackle aggressively against mature bodies without any issue.

No it's the year club founded , 120 years before Crows.

Just bad day out for Crows , I think both teams will make 8

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Clive Waterhouse must be 170 years old then because I distinctly remember him being at your launch announcement. Come to think of it, so must I!

I can blame the coaches for a game plan that relies heavily on an opposition team playing a similar style. Once Port moved away from contested to uncontested. They were able to chipit around and run easily whilst we were hoping to spoil and knock the ball to ground so we could play our style. Our game plan was not designed for a running team. We were beaten all over the ground. I was jealous of the way Port played. I love that run. It is irresistible to watch and when it clicks is hard to stop.

Clearly you haven't seen both McHenry and Jones run and tackle against men in the SANFL??? Although they are small in size, they tackle aggressively against mature bodies without any issue.
Yes I have mate and Ned in particular has no body weight to stop moving SANFL player let alone AFL body . Although energy bunny type player is basically a slighter version of Murphy without marking skills and no real goal presence like Murphy.
Stengle is the one I would like to see in AFL team as he is dangerous around goals.
Obviously Ned has a issue as is now body damaged playing SANFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was an embarrassing effort.

First half it was the forwards not converting.

The signs were there in the first half how easily they moved the ball forward and found players. It just snowballed from there when our midfield were soundly beaten and whilst our defence was poor, the freedom their players had to move the ball forward was embarrassing. If I was Pyke I would be going to town on our mids.

Everyone has a crack at Tex but once again Sloane was shut out of a game.

Where is our tagger? Time to bring in Knight and make him our tagger. If anyone on our list can do it it’s him.

We also need to think about our forward structure, because it ain’t working.

Betts has been down for a few weeks now. Dropping him would shake up the joint. Murphy doesn’t do enough. Douglas is finished.

Stengle deserves a go. Lynch is class. Fog plays to give us another marking option and someone with some mongrel.

Out: Murphy, Douglas, Mackay, Greenwood, Gallucci, Betts
In: Lynch, Stengle, Jones, Knight, CEY, Fog

The game was an absolute disaster. There’s nothing positive to take out of this game. Worst game of the year.

We still have a disconnect between the midfield and forward line. Our forwards are consistently out of position allowing for the opposition to take intercepting marks. It wasn’t helped at times when the midfield wasn’t playing on instinct and were second guessing themselves. The amount of times we had a chance to get a goal out the back but we were too slow to move the ball on allowing time for Port to get back into our D50 to close us down. We have so many dumb footballers. Their decision making is terrible under pressure.

It’s like we don’t plan for the opposition to try and shutdown their influential players, and we always get destroyed by the star players.

Port cut us up, time and time again, through the centre corridor with quick handballs. We were reactive the whole game and from about 15 mins into the last quarter we’d given up allowing Port to play with us.

We didn’t work hard enough. They had loose players everywhere whereas we had no space whatsoever. The amount of times Port we’re outnumbering us at the contest was astonishing.

Hopefully, our reserves put in a good performance against Norwood today. We have to start pumping games into some youth because a few of our better players are about to fall off the cliff, if they haven’t already.

We’re in a unique position because we can’t play too many kids because if start losing games we should win and drop too far down the ladder then the trade with Carlton won’t look so good.
That's why I don't like pick swaps. It's influences selection and immediate success is prioritized over developing the future thus setting the club back. We need to forget about what pick is going to them and focus on playing the future now. Their is a big cliff coming for our club and the fall can be lessened by making tough calls on underperforming players. We need to get games into the youth pronto. Don't care if we make the 8 as I know we will be out first week. I care about finding a player or two between now and the end of this wasted season.

Last edited:
Yes I have mate and Ned in particular has no body weight to stop moving SANFL player let alone AFL body . Although energy bunny type player is basically a slighter version of Murphy without marking skills and no real goal presence like Murphy.
Stengle is the one I would like to see in AFL team as he is dangerous around goals.
Obviously Ned has a issue as is now body damaged playing SANFL.
A bad back clearly indicates impacts ate hurting

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cut out all the bs about bs and all other crap.

Pyke talks about contested ball and in the last two weeks behave been smashed and our inside mids are terrible. Geelong and port destroyed us out the middle. We need to address that.

Our passion and aggression was so weak.

We need to make a choice and plan for next year. Play the kids and hope we can rebuild quickly because we are no chance of the flag

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wasn’t contested ball even? We got smashed on the outside and clearances.

Our first halves at home this year have been horrible. We are a slow team with no outside run in the mids or forward line. We look like we have no gameplan at all.

Douglas, Mackay, Murphy and Atkins can go back to SANFL and stay there until they retire or get delisted.
Tex and Eddie can have a rest.
Time for Jones, Stengle, CEY, Fogerty, Lynch and Himmelburg to come in.

Didnt even get too angry as this result has been coming for a while.

That was an embarrassing effort.

First half it was the forwards not converting.

The signs were there in the first half how easily they moved the ball forward and found players. It just snowballed from there when our midfield were soundly beaten and whilst our defence was poor, the freedom their players had to move the ball forward was embarrassing. If I was Pyke I would be going to town on our mids.

Everyone has a crack at Tex but once again Sloane was shut out of a game.

Where is our tagger? Time to bring in Knight and make him our tagger. If anyone on our list can do it it’s him.

We also need to think about our forward structure, because it ain’t working.

Betts has been down for a few weeks now. Dropping him would shake up the joint. Murphy doesn’t do enough. Douglas is finished.

Stengle deserves a go. Lynch is class. Fog plays to give us another marking option and someone with some mongrel.

Out: Murphy, Douglas, Mackay, Greenwood, Gallucci, Betts
In: Lynch, Stengle, Jones, Knight, CEY, Fog
We just don’t do it for some reason.

They had SPP playing a hard tag on Sloane and as usual:

1. Sloane can’t cope with it;
2. No one helps him with blocking ( and I watched that closely - zero support)
3. When Sloane is tagged our mids are rudderless.

Been going on since the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back