VFL 2019 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn’t need to agree, the Saints wouldn’t be varying his contract, just paying it out early.

Why? If we’ve decided he’s not going to make it then I guess the argument would be that it’s a waste of a list spot.

I doubt that happens but it is possible.
Clubs cant just decide to pay out a player in the middle of their contract because they think the player is a waste of a list spot. The player needs to agree to a contract payout. If they have offered a player a two year contract, then that player has two years on the list whether they play a game or not.

If the player gets into legal trouble or is violating terms within the contract, then they can terminate it but those are extreme circumstances.

Clubs cant just decide to pay out a player in the middle of their contract because they think the player is a waste of a list spot. The player needs to agree to a contract payout. If they have offered a player a two year contract, then that player has two years on the list whether they play a game or not.

If the player gets into legal trouble or is violating terms within the contract, then they can terminate it but those are extreme circumstances.

I don’t think that’s true. The contract means the money and salary cap contribution, not necessarily a list spot. You could draft someone and delist them immediately if you wanted to, as long as you paid them the cash and it was counted in the salary cap.

It happened with Nicholas Winmar tho remember? He had a year left on his contract and we still delisted him.

I have not given up on Ed Phillips yet. He is not the worse player on our list. He can win his own ball.
4th rounder - three years on the list - less games this year than last year - outside winger getting 23, 13, 12, 13 possessions in his four games this year - nope.

He's the sort of player (3rd & 4th rounders) we should rotate out of the list more quickly in the hope of picking up a better player. 2 years initial then only a one year contract unless you are certain they are best 25/26. If the coaches can't figure out after three years if a 4th rounder is gonna make it or not then we should be getting rid of the coaches.

Langlands - next year or that's it.

Bailey Rice - 4 years - out

White - 4 years - out

4th rounder - three years on the list - less games this year than last year - outside winger getting 23, 13, 12, 13 possessions in his four games this year - nope.

He's the sort of player (3rd & 4th rounders) we should rotate out of the list more quickly in the hope of picking up a better player. 2 years initial then only a one year contract unless you are certain they are best 25/26. If the coaches can't figure out after three years if a 4th rounder is gonna make it or not then we should be getting rid of the coaches.

Langlands - next year or that's it.

Bailey Rice - 4 years - out

White - 4 years - out
Agree Ed is going no where , only trait the kid has is being able to run , White will go either way , go to another club and end up a really good player or end up at the Amos

He probably plays his best footy in the seniors, he's ideally a hard running wingman but we have those in spades, what we lack is fast high production good ones. He's better than some not as good as others. He's just not quite good enough to hold a permanent spot. I could see him making the jump but he could just as easily be delisted before that happens.
Thats got to be the best flip flop post i have read in a while , cant quiet make your mind up Gringo :p

He doesn’t need to agree, the Saints wouldn’t be varying his contract, just paying it out early.

Why? If we’ve decided he’s not going to make it then I guess the argument would be that it’s a waste of a list spot.

I doubt that happens but it is possible.

We have done it in the past but the AFLPA cracked it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should've kicked that

Potato

Why is Lonie playing vfl?

He’s clearly fit. Would it kill us to back a bloke in....
Hasnt played since late April. It's not unreasonable for him to play a game in the reserves to get his match fitness back.

If we brought him straight back in and he tired in the 2nd half, there would be complaints about bringing him back in too early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back