Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

fair point I was trying to convince myself that it was a great outcome, it just isn't. Regardless of our views on Preuss we do not need Tyson. And tbh I'm gutted for Dom he'd be captain coach at Carlton and his professionalism wouldn't go astray either.

Again it doesn't matter I disliked Scoot and I dislike Barnaby aka Joyce. Won't be long and I'll have no one to moan about at out great club.

Funny thing now we've a new leader and it's been a few days, the dust has settled......... Scott isn't quite as awesome as he once was. Just sayin.

TBH, I was also keen to paint the deal as a positive and have to admit to now being a little disappointed. Although it's too early to make a definitive call, the Preuss side is panning out as expected (i.e. he struggles to get a game with Gawn there, is anyone surprised?), and the knock on Dom - poor disposal - has also been demonstrated.

I like Dom and he might still have a role to play. I hope.

Double like for your last sentence :thumbsu:

I wanted us to get Dom last year when Ch7 put up a stat that something in the order of 88% of our centre clearances were won when Cunnington was in the middle. Tyson seemed the perfect bloke to play that role when Cunners was resting so we didn't just concede the ball.
At the end of the day though, he cost us Clarke and Preuss. And while they might not have been important ongoing pieces of our puzzle, you have to concede that at this stage, we didn't win the trade.

I'm not actually convinced of that.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm not actually convinced of that.

Me neither.

Preuss was off to Melbourne no matter what, and Tyson wanted out so we picked him up.

He's a better player than both Preuss or Clarke. We won.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tyson has a lot of upside, as i have said before, he has been known as a defensive forward. Also i can see him as a very reasonable player off the bench who can replace cunnington to let him float forward.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Me neither.

Preuss was off to Melbourne no matter what, and Tyson wanted out so we picked him up.

He's a better player than both Preuss or Clarke. We won.

Too L8 sorry M8.

Anyone else on the bandwagon? The Tyson Taxi is at the rank mutha******s and any campaigner trying to jump on mid-season better be prepared for a ****in monster flagfall.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Too L8 sorry M8.

1559965451824.png

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Cool your jets.

I’m convinced Shaw is going to turn him into a valuable player in time. He’s already shown he moulds players roles to their strengths

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While these guys do not fill the same role they're now taking three opportunities for spots which of course has a flow on effect. TT, Zurhaar &Larkey.

Add in Higgins, Bailey Scott, Jacobs, Garner, Macmillan, Hall probably Taylor, I just cannot see a spot for Dom at North. we are looking to further quicken the side and improve our foot skills. Not sure Dom does either? Also Simpkin is playing midfield just like a young Ben Cunnington

In saying that he does us no harm being on the list.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Can't see how Tyson gets another senior game for us without catastrophic injuries to our midfield.

It was a s**t trade for us and the 3 year contract appalling imho.

Bugsy Malone

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Way to early to be delisting Tyson with 2 more years remaining on he's contract. We haven't seen he's best but he averaged 25 disposals last year and we need to see him get a decent run at it before any delisting.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Back