Review Showdown 47 Post Mortem - Port Federers v Adelaide Tomics

Remove this Banner Ad

Newsflash mate. We beat WC in Perth, beat Geelong, and smashed you by 57.

Your team didn't make Port look good. Port made Port look good. Because they are very good, albeit inconsistent.

I guess this season will be a massive disappointment if you don’t play in a preliminary final?

Your team didn't make Port look good. Port made Port look good. Because they are very good, albeit inconsistent.

Nah, we did. You're not that good, but we were deplorable. Yes you've won a few good ones, but we took down GWS recently when they were looking ominous too. Classic Pred, drop in here for the first time in....ever......to gloat after finally winning a showdown?

Yes I have mate and Ned in particular has no body weight to stop moving SANFL player let alone AFL body . Although energy bunny type player is basically a slighter version of Murphy without marking skills and no real goal presence like Murphy.
Stengle is the one I would like to see in AFL team as he is dangerous around goals.
Obviously Ned has a issue as is now body damaged playing SANFL.
It's not a terrible thing that Ned or Jones aren't ready

How did danger sloane fyfe go in their first year of footy

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, we did. You're not that good, but we were deplorable. Yes you've won a few good ones, but we took down GWS recently when they were looking ominous too. Classic Pred, drop in here for the first time in....ever......to gloat after finally winning a showdown?
That's not very nice. It wasn't gloating, it was responding to a silly comment.

It's a bit of both. Port were good in the second half. They were also pretty poor in the first half, to the point that we should have been 5 goals clear of them.

TBH, this wasnt all that different to most showdowns of the recent era. We get out to a big lead, Port put on 4-5 goals in 10 minute stretch, it tightens, then we usually hold.

The difference this time was that we didnt put on the lead, the 4-5 goal burst broke the game, and it was over before we could regroup so the entire last quarter and a half was largely just counting down time.

You were held scoreless by Freo in a quarter, got comfortably beaten in the first showdown, smashed by Collingwood at a place they barely play, smashed by Richmond's C grade.

You're not much good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We desperately need midfield speed. I like the idea of Milera and Jones going into the midfield as that gives up speed straight away.

What do we do with Sloane? Has he lost a yard of pace.

I’m just posing a question, if we are looking at injecting Milera and Jones into the midfield, a good idea mind you should we honestly look at trading Matt or Brad Crouch, should have we let Rory Sloane leave as a free agent last year?

What is the best direction the midfield should go in over the next 2 months and what will it look like round 1 next year.
Sadly IMO, I think it will look exactly like it did last night. Slow and very disinterested.

The Crouch boys are still A Grade accumulators and find the ball more than anyone in the team. They might not have great pace but they are our midfield strength. Sure add Milera and Jones as compliments but IMO you don't trade way the proven strength of the team.
Trade the players that have a history of letting us down and blood some of the youth.
We have some have some tough decisions to make. Our spine needs an upgrade and we need a quality quick midfielder.

I'm on a bit of an extended break from Big Footy, and footy in general tbh, and will continue to be, but felt the need to come on and say that this playing group is cooked and so are this particular group of coaches. 2017 was the anomaly, not the norm, so that season shouldn't be the point of reference. The point of reference should be the repeated sh*tting of the bed at crucial stages, by both players in matches and by coaches at selection. All led by an administration focused on building a large corporate headquarters as priority.

We'll still make an Elimination Final due to our relatively easy run and likely lose it. It means nothing.

It's also no surprise why numerous valued players are willing to leave the club for a moderate pay increase. More will go this year.

Might come back in the post-season for a look. Cheers.

That's not very nice. It wasn't gloating, it was responding to a silly comment.

You know what I mean. Any of our mob raise our heads in any of your numerous post-showdown smashing threads, and we're very quickly told to **** off by all and sundry.

No it's the year club founded , 120 years before Crows.

Just bad day out for Crows , I think both teams will make 8

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who are you ?

You know what I mean. Any of our mob raise our heads in any of your numerous post-showdown smashing threads, and we're very quickly told to **** off by all and sundry.
It depends if they're being objective and fair. Sure there are quite a few who will stupidly say that, same as happened to me here. Meh.

I used to post here more, but a lot of people here give any non-Crowie s**t for even showing their face. Lol if you think I think I'm welcome.

My point is you're not welcome. You know you're not welcome. And yet here you are carrying on anyway.

The only reason you've popped up is to be a front running git, and try to get some cheap thrills when your team won its second showdown in five years. I don't recall you rocking up for your medicine when you lost all those Showdowns.

And this is why everyone hates your mob. Happy to dish it when you win, no guts to cop it when you lose, and ridiculously short memories for a club that goes on and on about history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back