VFL VFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

What? I dont care where he plays.

The guy is in the VFL and possibly at the crossroads.

I dont think we need 4 posters appearing to enjoy the fact that he is in the VFL and at this point in his career.
I am certainly not enjoying him in the seconds I want him in the seniors that is what my past 4 or 5 posts have been about him playing seniors and sick and tired of him copping unfair criticism.

I am certainly not enjoying him in the seconds I want him in the seniors that is what my past 4 or 5 posts have been about him playing seniors and sick and tired of him copping unfair criticism.

There are some things he deserves criticism for but compared to what he gets they don't warrant it for sure. Had some bad moments in the first half today tho., Two or three goals down to his errors or unlucky incidents.

I'm not sure why you want him in the seniors? Even playing the best that he can, at this stage of his career, he's not best 22. I'm not a JMac fan, but I don't agree with the flack he's copped this match. When it comes down to it, he's now a seconds player, playing seconds footy and fitting in.

We are on the same page mostly

If he earns his spot good on him

I'm not sure why you want him in the seniors? Even playing the best that he can, at this stage of his career, he's not best 22. I'm not a JMac fan, but I don't agree with the flack he's copped this match. When it comes down to it, he's now a seconds player, playing seconds footy and fitting in.
I think he still is in the best 22 that's why I want him playing. That's my opinion any way don't expect many to agree with me. But that's alright everyone to their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player summary:

Garner - Pretty much flawless, kicked a few goals and played a big part in a handful of others. Tackling pressure was excellent and he was really clean with his kicking.

Campbell - well and truly a level above VFL. Although he wasn’t playing on a genuine ruck today. Had an influence all over the ground. 33 hitouts and 24 disposals could ask for much more from the big fella.

Crocker - best game I’ve seen him play. Smooth mover, really neat skills (minus one howler which cost us a goal). Moves really well. Actually moves a bit like (date I say it) Jesse Smith.

McKay - easily best game for the year. Was reliable with his disposal and clunked a few nice marks. Should do wonders for his confidence.

McMillan - tale of two halves. Poor in the first half with some terrible defensive positioning and turnovers. He was excellent in the 2nd half and setup a number of forward thrusts.

Taylor - strong hands for a kid, smooth mover and stayed involved all game. Really should have had 6 goals at least. That’s pretty bloody impressive for a kid in his first year. Doesn’t mind the hard stuff either!

Hrovat - class above today. Neat skills, run and carry, always in the right positions. If only he was 8-10cm taller.

Watson - Hard to make anything of his game. Didn’t really have much of an impact, but didn’t really anything wrong either.

Xerri - solid, had some really nice possessions. Some really solid contested marks.

Wright - well off the pace. Hopefully he gets some continuity over the next few weeks.

Daw - rusty as expected, but got through with no worries. Doesn’t looked as though he had lost any of his speed.

Liked his game watching on the teevee but doesn't seem too much love for him here.

I dont think hes had much exposure with very little tv and no debut. I think those that have had the time to get to the VFL and pre-season are pretty keen on him

My enthusiasm is no secret but with more exposure I think people will start to value him.

I dont think hes had much exposure with very little tv and no debut. I think those that have had the time to get to the VFL and pre-season are pretty keen on him

My enthusiasm is no secret but with more exposure I think people will start to value him.
Nice to know we have a tall developing nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back