2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
3 goals to Archie. Has he been getting them from marks or general play?

ImAFreeMan

All Australian
Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Boy oh boy Jack Payne looks a player, where do you think he would fit in our side, would it take an injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ImAFreeMan

All Australian
Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In addition we surely are looking at Coleman, although when is Revell draftable?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Going off the stats, looks like Archie is making it difficult for the coaches not to select him if Oscar misses any more games.

Jan 11, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not a fan of drawing a free that way from Fullarton. Would rather him not get a goal than deliberately drawing a high free and risking concussion.

I feel that’s a tad harsh, he’s allowed to bend down to pick up the ball. Pretty tall lad after all. The GWS player was pretty sloppy approaching that groundball contest. Fair call by the ump for mine.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Boy oh boy Jack Payne looks a player, where do you think he would fit in our side, would it take an injury?

Really liked him in his first pre-season when he really gave it to Lance Franklin in the pre-season match but then he had his shin issues or he would have made hi debut last year. with the team performance as it is now and a lack of injuries he will wait his time. Andrews, Gardnier, Adams are ahead of him and possibly Skinner. Will need an injury in the backs where McStay isn't moved back. I think the club would love to have him around, he is big, fast, and has a bit of meanness. Don't think we will see him this year, maybe next.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Really liked him in his first pre-season when he really gave it to Lance Franklin in the pre-season match but then he had his shin issues or he would have made hi debut last year. with the team performance as it is now and a lack of injuries he will wait his time. Andrews, Gardnier, Adams are ahead of him and possibly Skinner. Will need an injury in the backs where McStay isn't moved back. I think the club would love to have him around, he is big, fast, and has a bit of meanness. Don't think we will see him this year, maybe next.

I could see us playing Andrews, Gardiner, Adams and Payne if Payne can get to a level where he's as good on talls as Gardiner is. Payne and Andrews can play on the talls (Payne the more mobile tall), Adams on a third tall and intercepting and Gardiner plays small.

Would probably require the other backs to be reasonably quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back