Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep unlucky that we play both North and Carlton after they found some resolve. At least the North game is in Perth.
Just the sort of games you want running into finals if you ask me. You don't want ten goal thrashings against minnows, you want to be battle hardened for the tough stuff ahead.

Bloody love the Demons. The Melbourne bathwater being drunk four months ago was outrageous, and now they’re scraaaaaaaping past the Blues to lift themselves into 16th.

If we only ever break one club, I’m happy it was Melbourne.

Bloody love the Demons. The Melbourne bathwater being drunk four months ago was outrageous, and now they’re scraaaaaaaping past the Blues to lift themselves into 16th.

If we only ever break one club, I’m happy it was Melbourne.
“This is a win to blow your mind if you’re a Melbourne fan” says Dwayne Russell.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I think its illegal to report on most suicides. Same reason when people jump in front of trains the media calls them 'incidents'.

I don't think it's illegal, but there's good evidence that the way the media reports on suicides can lead to imitators, so ethical journalists/editors will handle the reporting sensitively. It's why they also always put links to crisis support lines in the articles.

Last edited:

YEOLO

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Little wonder Titus turned to comedy; relying on humour is the only way you'd get by following that rabble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I don't think it's ilegal, but there's good evidence that the way the media reports on suicides can lead to imitators, so ethical journalists/editors will handle the reporting sensitively. It's why they also always put links to crisis support lines in the articles.

Yeah we have to be very careful with how we report it. Unless there’s conclusive evidence it was a suicide attempt then it’s best to steer clear of labelling it one. No one saw what happened with Majak, he could very well have just slipped as unlikely as it seems.

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
It's going to be interesting to see what Collingwood do with the rest of their season. It's likely that it'll be better for them to finish 4th than 3rd and potentially play Geelong in an MCG Qualifying Final rather than us or GWS away. Has the AFL said exactly what would happen if Geelong and Coll are 1 and 4 at the end of the season? Should be at Kardinya. If I were at either club, I'd be seeking clarification. Could see a situation where Geelong might throw games to avoid Collingwood in the first week and have to play at the MCG.

It's going to be interesting to see what Collingwood do with the rest of their season. It's likely that it'll be better for them to finish 4th than 3rd and potentially play Geelong in an MCG Qualifying Final rather than us or GWS away. Has the AFL said exactly what would happen if Geelong and Coll are 1 and 4 at the end of the season? Should be at Kardinya. If I were at either club, I'd be seeking clarification. Could see a situation where Geelong might throw games to avoid Collingwood in the first week and have to play at the MCG.
Do you even need to ask when the AFL is all about the cash, 100% it would be at the MCG.

Sell me on why Brisbane winning is a good result. Both they and GWS seem to have some brutally hard games coming up, mixed in with a few easy kills. I can see both finishing the season with fairly even win totals.

Percentage aside they seem like almost identical propositions to me.

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
Sell me on why Brisbane winning is a good result. Both they and GWS seem to have some brutally hard games coming up, mixed in with a few easy kills. I can see both finishing the season with fairly even win totals.

Brisbane don't have a vastly superior percentage to us. GWS do. We could finish on the same number of points as Brisbane and finish above them. Couldn't say the same vs GWS.

This has been a big week for obvious revelations dawning on fan bases in denial.

First, the Pies fans realised Mason Cox isn’t worth the cost of his Visa, now it’s starting to dawn on Fremantle fans that Lachie Neale’s assessment of Brisbane > Freo may actually have some logic to it. Who knew?

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Percentage aside they seem like almost identical propositions to me.
Exactly. The last thing we want is to finish third and play GWS at Spotless wk 1. I have no fear of playing Brisbane at home in a week on qualifying final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back