2019 Copa America - 14th June to 7th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Quintero this is the case for a lot of teams, but re Argentina, they haven't really beaten a big gun in a major tournament for ******* yonks. I'm talking a Brazil, Germany, Italy, Holland, France etc. When I say beat I don't mean via penalties like they did at Brazil 2014 in the semis. Piss poor and we'd have to go back to Mexico 86 in the final against West Germany. I include Holland in this bracket for making 3 world cup finals as well as semis. They're still yet to win a world cup, but as forementioned combined with a Euro Cup and good displays.

1990 - Shooutout central. Yugoslavia then Italy, the '' big '' gun in the semis.

1994 - nope

1998 - Croatia made the semis and had a good tournament. A great team, but I wouldn't call them a big gun.They weren't at the calibre of said teams ( given their history ) although now on the back of making the World Cup final they hold a lot more substance.

2002 - nope. A solitary win against Nigeria who they beat at USA 94 along with Greece.

2006 - Ditto. Ivory Coast, Serbia and M, Mexico in the 2nd round in Extra Time.

2010 - History keeps repeating. Mexico in the 2nd round again. Nigeria, South Korea, Greece, nah.

2014 - Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria, Switzerland E.T, Belgium Quarters ( good world cup last year and in 86 but not a big gun, that is a different discussion )

2018 - Solitary win vs Nigeria as they did in 2002

A bunch of average teams and teams in the 2nd bracket. Belgium atm are considered a power but will need to back that up more next year and after that. I love Argentina but they're doing **** all and continue to disappoint and underachieve.

3 years straight and 3 runners up in 2015, 2016 and 2017. They should have did better there and obviously had their chances. Higuain the stupid **** in 2014 and 2015 blew two golden chances. Messi could have buried Germany too.

I love them, but **** they're frustrating.

you missed this win from 1990

What a pass from Maradonna to Caniggia!

you missed this win from 1990

What a pass from Maradonna to Caniggia!

How the * could I forget that! I was thinking about the 2nd round game too, yet it eluded me. Brazil missed a host of chances, hit the bar twice in one passage of play if I recall. May have hit it another time too. The great Careca was playing for them.

Nice work Giggler.

Quintero this is the case for a lot of teams, but re Argentina, they haven't really beaten a big gun in a major tournament for ******* yonks. I'm talking a Brazil, Germany, Italy, Holland, France etc. When I say beat I don't mean via penalties like they did at Brazil 2014 in the semis. Piss poor and we'd have to go back to Mexico 86 in the final against West Germany. I include Holland in this bracket for making 3 world cup finals as well as semis. They're still yet to win a world cup, but as forementioned combined with a Euro Cup and good displays.

1990 - Shooutout central. Yugoslavia then Italy, the '' big '' gun in the semis.

1994 - nope

1998 - Croatia made the semis and had a good tournament. A great team, but I wouldn't call them a big gun.They weren't at the calibre of said teams ( given their history ) although now on the back of making the World Cup final they hold a lot more substance.

2002 - nope. A solitary win against Nigeria who they beat at USA 94 along with Greece.

2006 - Ditto. Ivory Coast, Serbia and M, Mexico in the 2nd round in Extra Time.

2010 - History keeps repeating. Mexico in the 2nd round again. Nigeria, South Korea, Greece, nah.

2014 - Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria, Switzerland E.T, Belgium Quarters ( good world cup last year and in 86 but not a big gun, that is a different discussion )

2018 - Solitary win vs Nigeria as they did in 2002

A bunch of average teams and teams in the 2nd bracket. Belgium atm are considered a power but will need to back that up more next year and after that. I love Argentina but they're doing **** all and continue to disappoint and underachieve.

3 years straight and 3 runners up in 2015, 2016 and 2017. They should have did better there and obviously had their chances. Higuain the stupid **** in 2014 and 2015 blew two golden chances. Messi could have buried Germany too.

I love them, but **** they're frustrating.

We beat Italy in Italy in 90 at the semis.

Belgium are a top 5 nation and have been for 5 years.

We are a rabble, playing with our hands tied behind our backs due to a shambolic economy with 60% inflacion.

We also struggle with attitude,always have. Ever since Passarella lost out to Maradona in '86 - sure we won that Cup, but picking the talented players antics over the best Captain / Leader we ever had has left a long term problem.

Even this year, there is no leader... No Ponzio (ultimate warrior and Clubman) no Mascherano (similar)... Too many strikers, not enough defenders.

Icardi, Dybala, Higuain didn't even make the squad.

The River Boca rivalry hurts the national team, all the sell your underage sister for a few rocks of Paco smokin' bosteros mafia push their players into the national team in order to get a better transfer price. When the Barras (cheersquad) get a % of transfers and they are literally running the club, there is always issues.

It's a country that lets the lunatics run the asylum.

Australia has a better back 5 than Argentina. Irrespective of what you put ahead of them, if you concede s**t gols in big games, you never going to win anything.

We beat Italy in Italy in 90 at the semis.

Belgium are a top 5 nation and have been for 5 years.

We are a rabble, playing with our hands tied behind our backs due to a shambolic economy with 60% inflacion.

We also struggle with attitude,always have. Ever since Passarella lost out to Maradona in '86 - sure we won that Cup, but picking the talented players antics over the best Captain / Leader we ever had has left a long term problem.

Even this year, there is no leader... No Ponzio (ultimate warrior and Clubman) no Mascherano (similar)... Too many strikers, not enough defenders.

Icardi, Dybala, Higuain didn't even make the squad.

The River Boca rivalry hurts the national team, all the sell your underage sister for a few rocks of Paco smokin' bosteros mafia push their players into the national team in order to get a better transfer price. When the Barras (cheersquad) get a % of transfers and they are literally running the club, there is always issues.

It's a country that lets the lunatics run the asylum.

Australia has a better back 5 than Argentina. Irrespective of what you put ahead of them, if you concede s**t gols in big games, you never going to win anything.
I know the Italy game, I mentioned that match in the Brazil-Argentina thread the other day when Cannigia equalised. That win was on penalties which I was referencing to early on in my post;) as they did against Holland in 2014 etc.

Re Belgium, FIFA Rankings are a disgrace and until last year they hadn't done enough for me. Absent on the world stage for 12 years before losing to you guys. Making two Quarter Finals in 2014 and 2016 where they beat no one. 2016 lost to Italy in their opener and Wales who eliminated them.

Last year was a good showing at the World Cup however but when they met you, did nothing for donkey years as mentioned.

Love the rest of your post:):thumbsu:

Argentina always seem to have an incredibly unbalanced squad with attacking options galore. yet goalkeepers who are reserve keepers at their club and generally crappy defences. Been that way with them for years, something just doesn't seem right. They really need a ruthless disciplinarian to set them straight.

Argentina always seem to have an incredibly unbalanced squad with attacking options galore. yet goalkeepers who are reserve keepers at their club and generally crappy defences. Been that way with them for years, something just doesn't seem right. They really need a ruthless disciplinarian to set them straight.

Armani is a superstar, won us the Libertadores last year with a string of fantastic saves.

Taglia played in the Champions league semi with Ajax.

It the coaching mate and the Boca run AFA that is holding us back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* garbage final. Peru wtf. Smashed Chile and deserved to be there, but didn't deserve to beat Uruguay.

Prob get destroyed again by Brazil, whom I hate. Can't wait til we win it next year. Tim Cahill will come off the bench and score 5 thumping headers.

Great memories from the Burrito.

Wonderful player and true River legend.
* I love those days. Good win vs England in that famous Beckham red card game of 98 ( another shootout:) )

Crespo, Aimar ( * there's a trip down memory lane ) Saviola as we get into the 2000's. Star stacked talent. 2006 vs Serbia my god!

2006 vs Germany the coach took off Messi and someone else, he ****ed up their attack. Awesome side.

fu** I love those days. Good win vs England in that famous Beckham red card game of 98 ( another shootout:) )

Crespo, Aimar ( fu** there's a trip down memory lane ) Saviola as we get into the 2000's. Star stacked talent. 2006 vs Serbia my god!

Awesome side.

Mate Crespo, Ortega, Aimar, Saviola, Almeyda, Burgos...... all River players ;)

Check out this save by the monkey Burgos lol

Didnt an Argentinian keeper quit because he thought the world was going to end? Just a vague memory from my teenage years following the game.

Insult culture and rage quitting is very Argentina... Haven't heard the story but from my experience, it would be true.

It's kinda like Essendon and cheating/failure.

Peru equalise then give the lead back up on half time.

2-1 Brazil ht

Remove this Banner Ad

Back