Toast Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Has now arrived as an AFL footballer. Is dangerous as a forward and has great smarts around the ground and an unshakeable to determination to win 1-on-1 contests.

He’s been slated on Bigfooty since his debut - mostly by opposition supporters who don’t like his old man - but he’s standing up and showing his wares as a footballer, and building his game every single week.

Was BOG today, and he’s finally believing he can match it with the best, be it in the middle or up forward.

I’m excited to see how he progresses from here, and his career so far is a case study in tempering expectations and having patience and an open mind with young players. We knew he had plenty of tools to work with from his first season, it was all a matter of coaxing those attributes out of him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's always been talented, but he's really worked on his leading patterns AND (critically) his set shot accuracy.

Coupled with his flexibility to play in the midfield and he's becoming an extremely handy player for us.

I imagine he could pinch hit down back too if required.

I love watching him go about it :)

What I love is his desperation … you cannot train that … skills will get better the more they are practiced.

Heart does NOT.

He has mongrel and a competitive attitude.

Should never go out of the 1st team unless they want to specifically develop something in his game.

What I love is his desperation … you cannot train that … skills will get better the more they are practiced.

Heart does NOT.

He has mongrel and a competitive attitude.

Should never go out of the 1st team unless they want to specifically develop something in his game.
Absolutely!

I don't think anyone has ever questioned his endeavour and if they have they might need to get their eyes checked :)

Was pretty stiff to get dropped after the Brisbane game for mine.

Watching him today at the G was fantastic. I was sitting on the wing where he made that huge effort chasing Hibberd in the last quarter and I think that sums up our Jack as a player. Never say die attitude, all guts and determination. He's perfectly suited to the current mid/forward role we're giving him and as he builds his tank over another pre-season he's only going to get better. Absolutely love him and stoked for him that he's proving the doubters wrong, especially the opposition flogs who think he only gets a game because of his old man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back