Time to talk the "R" word yet?

Better than making stuff up, Port are clearly not having as good a season as ourselves yet you are suggesting they are

Im basically saying its too early to tell

So why post at all?

Why not spare us all the redundant 'you won't know events until they happen' routine, knowing full well that no one has ever suggested the contrary, and just pop up at the end of the season with what happened?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So why post at all?

Why not spare us all the redundant 'you won't know events until they happen' routine, knowing full well that no one has ever suggested the contrary, and just pop up at the end of the season with what happened?

If you want to post don't make stuff up

Port are having a far worse season than us, do you agree, as your original post suggests otherwise

If you want to post don't make stuff up

Port are having a far worse season than us, do you agree, as your original post suggests otherwise

Your suggestion a second ago was that you couldnt tell until the end. Why would you now offer an opinion before the end?

For gods sake Marty. One post. Just go one post without contradicting yourself.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
But we have the best recruiter in the business

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
We don't have anyone who is "best in the business". Mind you. It must be frustrating for him to recruit talent only to see them w walk out the door.

Ahhh well, the care factor is surprisingly low nowadays. Start counting down the days until our next one year window opens in 2025.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We don't have anyone who is "best in the business". Mind you. It must be frustrating for him to recruit talent only to see them w walk out the door.

Ahhh well, the care factor is surprisingly low nowadays. Start counting down the days until our next one year window opens in 2025.

Who has walked out the door and why

If you recruit flight risks then you are half the problem

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
1st time for me posting on this thread. I guess I didn't want to believe it but after last nights disgraceful effort I think it's time. We're doomed.

1st time for me posting on this thread. I guess I didn't want to believe it but after last nights disgraceful effort I think it's time. We're doomed.

Not doomed (unless you are referring to this year), but time to focus on the future. There is a lot there to be excited about in the mid to long term with us, but you could say for just about every team in the league.

Sell up a bit, get some more first rounders in and really focus on expanding on a young core surrounding the Crouches in 2022. The good part is we may already have KPFs covered, which is definitely the difficult part to any restructure, but that part comes down to how do we change up an area that we've over invested in.

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not doomed (unless you are referring to this year), but time to focus on the future. There is a lot there to be excited about in the mid to long term with us, but you could say for just about every team in the league.

Sell up a bit, get some more first rounders in and really focus on expanding on a young core surrounding the Crouches in 2022. The good part is we may already have KPFs covered, which is definitely the difficult part to any restructure, but that part comes down to how do we change up an area that we've over invested in.
I'm convinced we need to use the Carlton pick (hopefully pick 2) on a 1st class mid. Forget about Grundy a great mid with pace is what we need. We also need to find some diamonds in the rough as we've done in the past. I've lost all hope this year after yesterday's effort and would love to see players like Jones Stengle and Fog given a go this year. We've got to look toward the future.

I'm convinced we need to use the Carlton pick (hopefully pick 2) on a 1st class mid. Forget about Grundy a great mid with pace is what we need. We also need to find some diamonds in the rough as we've done in the past. I've lost all hope this year after yesterday's effort and would love to see players like Jones Stengle and Fog given a go this year. We've got to look toward the future.

Absolutely. I'd be using that pick on a first class mid. Best bang for your buck there (and also, * getting Grundy at the price it'd cost us, would be absolutely dumb even without ROB coming on).

Get another top talent to compliment Jones, and Milera who should end up our best two midfielders.

Last edited:

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the 25 and under group we are dangerously low on proven talent. We should not be trading any picks away now, if anything, anyone 27+ who has a descent trade value should be considered trade bait, apart from Sloane.

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
If we are going to talk the "R" word it should start at the top with the plebs making the decisions.
Decisions such as giving MooKay a gold plated contract & keeping Otten instead of Cheney just **** en annoy me no end.
The other nights capitulation - I just have no words for.
If a s**t team like the Smears can rip us to shreds with not even a wimper it says a lot about our "leaders".
For starters make Sloaney captain on his own next year and then the plebs wont be too gutless to drop Walker when it is so deserved!!

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we are going to talk the "R" word it should start at the top with the plebs making the decisions.
Decisions such as giving MooKay a gold plated contract & keeping Otten instead of Cheney just **** en annoy me no end.
The other nights capitulation - I just have no words for.
If a s**t team like the Smears can rip us to shreds with not even a wimper it says a lot about our "leaders".
For starters make Sloaney captain on his own next year and then the plebs wont be too gutless to drop Walker when it is so deserved!!
It will be pretty bad when the opposition tag our captain on a weekly basis, will they be too gutless to drop Sloane?

Back