Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Won't belong before discs are obsolete. CDs were launched in the early 80s and were the primary medium from probably the mid to late 80s through until the early 2000s. DVDs came out in the late 90s and replaced VHS pretty quickly. Blu-ray has been out for 13 years now and annual disc sales have halved over the last 5 years globally. Other than console games (which you can download also) I don't know of anyone that buys discs for anything. The format may have further improvement in it but portable media is dying fast as a concept. The idea of putting something into a machine to listen to or watch on the screen will be something people won't be familiar with before long.

My tech memories of the late 80s and early 90s was CD players and microwave ovens. Those were the things that were common enough but not everyone had. Now you can get a microwave for about $60 and CD players like CRT monitors end up in landfill.

Another reason this country wants to force everyone in to cities.

Wireless media just ain't practical out here. I temporarily lose internet connection for short periods of time almost nightly.

I think it's regressive technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
At the end of everything some people don't wanna work - they want the machines to do the work for them. Buy a piece of plastic, put it in a machine, press play. Still infinitely more convenient to me than playing digital media. Having to go to a site, subscribe, wait for it to load, select, pray there's good enough signal, etc.

There's the middle ground of simply downloading or having it already stored, but 90% of my media that is that comes from ripping the physical.

There's talk video gaming is at the end of physical times, from games to consoles, everything is going digital or consoles bridging the gap to PC. It just isn't possible in a country that lacks proper infrastructure and it will kill many aspects of the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Coalition Government doesn't want to invest in the regions. Unless it's free money for coal mines.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
So my colonoscopy is tomorrow.
Been on restricted diet last two days and now fluids only since lunchtime.
Have my (split dose) drink in an hour and again at 7am.
My toilet and I have a date tonight!
All the best

Just think about the Suns to make things pass easier

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
Went down that path two weeks ago actually.
You wouldn't think so much water could come out of one bum eh?
The headache was a cracker too. They found 14 polyps and took 'em out while they were in there filming. :sick:

Went down that path two weeks ago actually.
You wouldn't think so much water could come out of one bum eh?
The headache was a cracker too. They found 14 polyps and took 'em out while they were in there filming. :sick:
Had my third one last month. I had four polyps removed, one precancerous in 2014. The second in 2016 was all clear. Last month just had one polyp removed. I had to stay in hospital overnight prior, to be on a drip since my cardiologist was worried about dehydrationg during the cleanout. I also had to be specially monitored because of my illness with hypotension. I loved the pics of my colon. They were on postcard sized cards. I was going to send one to my brother showing him the beauty of Australia. :p

Tomorrow I have an eye appointment prior to having a cataract removed. It's on the same eye as my glaucoma. It sucks getting old, but the alternative is worse at this stage.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Got your mob next week. Only team we have never beat and i dont think that will change in 6 days time...

I'll be cheering you guys on all the way nevertheless.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Not sure that successful actor that died of cancer at age 75, some 24 years after he was diagnosed, counts as a ‘tragic’ death.

It was worse when 96 year old Stan Lee died and geeks everywhere 'just couldn't deal'.

(I also question how many of these people would have had a clue who he was before the movies got mainstream)

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
GF was watching the voice and I was on BF. One of the young singers said something to that Kelly Rollman like "I didn't think you felt me Fam"

I heard it and felt rage rising.

I hate that term "fam"

images%20(30).jpeg

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

wal

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
EFFC
I turn 46 in a couple of weeks and I've no idea how that happened. My folks had two allegedly adult sons when they were my age and were about to get divorced.
I'm 52 with 3 adult children and about to be divorced.
I have taken a MLC year off work and are currently holidaying with my girlfriend in Cyprus.
Life does get better with age.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

Should've gone to Thailand and had a fun time and saved yourself the medical trouble. Result would've been the same.

Back to thread: Your body letting you down when it really shouldn't.

Back