Review Dogs 71 def Cats 55 // Rd 16, 2019

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
TBH B.Smith is probably 4th or 5th in line for the rising star. Been a stellar crop this year and Rankine hasn't even played.

Don't disagree and therefore the discussion should involve all the players you are thinking of.

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
Bailey Smith went to Xavier which is a Jesuit school so I assume he and his family are Catholic. Libby and Wally went to St Kevins I think which is also Catholic.

I think Libba could start his own cult, and may already have done so.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Do we really need to be so negative to Schache after one quiet game? The 50 arcs were clogged up like Flinders St at rush hour. Schache isn’t a great contested mark, though he’ll get better. He needs a bit of space

Schache made a few nice leads into spaces, we just didn't kick it to him those times or hesitated to long kicking inside when marked just outside the 50 allowing Geelong to cover with extra defenders. Played well, just sometimes you have those games where you don't have the goals to show for it. Thinking we will see Naughton and Schache alternating week in and week out as the tall with the bag of goals. If we ever have a game where both kick a big bag each, then damn it will be a sight to watch. Will take more time for them to work around and compliment each other.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Apologies to the mods, I got sucked in and engaged with the resident troll last night.

So the definition of a troll is someone who asks a question you cannot answer ?

Fair enough I won’t do it again

I also apologise to the mods

Doggy Dan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How good was the great, galloping English storming through the middle and having a shot from outside 50 !!!

So much to like in that moment...

I’m looking forward to seeing how far this kid is going to be able to roost it in years to come. He spanked it 60m easily after slugging it out in the ruck for 3/4.

Most really tall guys don’t have a massive leg, think M Cox, Sandi but this bloke......

When you look at the two squads on paper, we had no right to win it.

I beg to differ on the basis/argument that the resolve of the players is what got the win. Maybe Geelong thought they only had to show up, they were lazy, didn’t take our boys seriously, couldn’t get out of first gear.

I don’t care which it was, all that matters is that the team was able to stand up when it counted. Sure we’re going to see them get beaten, that’s the nature of the game but I don’t believe that experience and age alone determines who should win. In the end, the boys wanted it more and that’s what really counts.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
An erroneous line of thinking during the endless pre trade and trade period s**tfest is that skilled but tragically flawed muppets choosing to nominate and infect other clubs with their s**t is somehow a poor reflection on our list management.
The trade and list management thread seems to be inhabited by a lot of used car salesmen trying to sell Ladas.

Think before you type, some of us might drive Ladas.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I beg to differ on the basis/argument that the resolve of the players is what got the win. Maybe Geelong thought they only had to show up, they were lazy, didn’t take our boys seriously, couldn’t get out of first gear.

I don’t care which it was, all that matters is that the team was able to stand up when it counted. Sure we’re going to see them get beaten, that’s the nature of the game but I don’t believe that experience and age alone determines who should win. In the end, the boys wanted it more and that’s what really counts.
Fair call, but experience in particular plays a part for sure. Knowing the positioning and tempo required at different times. But yes, determination and other traits are also involved.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
You really are priceless. Coaches lose games, they find things out about their players. The team grows from adversity. If you can’t see the growth from some of the hard times from earlier this season I genuinely question what you get out of it.
Is Chris Scott a rubbish coach because he lost a game?
When was the last time you went to a game? It’s become apparent you comment without actually attending or watching games.
You used to be provocative with some knowledge but you’re now a caricature of yourself.
Ouch!

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Have you ever stopped and thought that there might be many, many factors that go into winning a football match and it might not be as simple as kick ball, get goal?

Maybe the club has been working on a number of things internally and it's starting to come together. I don't think any single game is reflective on a persons ability to manage a group of young men.
Ouch!

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC

Just look at the 'experts' tips for the 2016 finals series.....

We had no 'right' to win 4 in a row then - but I'm ******* delighted we didn't listen to that and had our own internal belief.....

Oct 7, 2007
Stage Left
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think it's no coincidence that JJ had his best run and carry game the week Caleb goes out of the team. Caleb is our go-to guy for getting it of defence, but he almost exclusively stops and props and then delivers a short kick forward.

Hopefully these two can develop some chemistry. Caleb to start looking for runners going past him. JJ to start anticipating Caleb's kicks and running ahead to receive a handpass. Will make both of them much harder to shut down.

Turtleman3

Club Legend
Mar 11, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Surplus usage. 2 posts above "in order to get that prelim if we had of won." What was being taught in English classes 20 years plus years ago ?

Maybe your next lesson could be explaining the difference between compliment and complement. Will Naughton and Schache compliment each other or complement each other?

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Maybe your next lesson could be explaining the difference between compliment and complement. Will Naughton and Schache compliment each other or complement each other?

Why not both.gif !!

Had a bit of a laugh at some of the Cats fans about the umpires given how many home town calls they got when we played them down there a few weeks ago

All night I kept saying "You're not at Kardinia Park now". They get it so easy down there

stefcep

All Australian
Jun 6, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m looking forward to seeing how far this kid is going to be able to roost it in years to come. He spanked it 60m easily after slugging it out in the ruck for 3/4.

Most really tall guys don’t have a massive leg, think M Cox, Sandi but this bloke......

He has a kicking action and his movement that are so well co-ordinated, period, not just "for a big man".

Back