Autopsy Rd 16 Blues last quarter comeback ends in heartbreak

Who played well for the Blues against the Dees in Round 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bog by far. Had to work hard (like he always does) but it paid off.

That passage of play was brilliant. There was another where he kicked the ball off one step in congestion and got it to another player (I forget who it was) which was brilliant.

I am starting to believe he could become our Josh Kennedy (Swans)

Great comeback but we should never have been that far back from the beginning.
An accumulation of bad decision making, skill execution and some momentum draining umpiring had us down by 5 goals. The rub of the green we got against Freo definitely was worn away in this game with some baffling interpretations sometimes 10 seconds apart which didn't do us any favours .
But good teams find a way through adversity and to be able to fight back was great to watch.
Next year when we have a full compliment of our better player/decision makers playing and are winning more than losing we will be a team who can make other teams sweat and fight for a win. Really proud of the effort today shows that we are coming and are not going to just hand over the 4 points. Go Blues!

If Teaguey can iron out our flat starts I think we might have found our coach.

The umpire bashing in here is embarrassing. The free kick count was 26-26, yes there were some shockers but they went our way too. Sometimes rather than having someone to blame you need to accept we weren’t good enough, we were awful for three quarters.

It ended up being that but it was terribly uneven until last quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umpire bashing in here is embarrassing. The free kick count was 26-26, yes there were some shockers but they went our way too. Sometimes rather than having someone to blame you need to accept we weren’t good enough, we were awful for three quarters.
are you single?

Correct. Had we of won the game, no one would be talking about the umpires.

Really? This is what you've made from the change?

I felt this to be the most important game under Teagues watch to date and yes.......it was a fail, but a 100 point fail and without all the players that would have made us immediately better.

What do you think may have come about under Boltons watch? I'll tell you what. He would have been paralysed. At least Teague tried a few things.
No need to keep on propping up Bolton. He worked hard. He tried his guts out, but he was a failure of good measure.
Really think you missed the irony of Arr0w 's statement.

Bog by far. Had to work hard (like he always does) but it paid off.

That passage of play was brilliant. There was another where he kicked the ball off one step in congestion and got it to another player (I forget who it was) which was brilliant.
Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.
Jack will always work hard, love him.

Really? This is what you've made from the change?

I felt this to be the most important game under Teagues watch to date and yes.......it was a fail, but a 100 point fail and without all the players that would have made us immediately better.

What do you think may have come about under Boltons watch? I'll tell you what. He would have been paralysed. At least Teague tried a few things.
No need to keep on propping up Bolton. He worked hard. He tried his guts out, but he was a failure of good measure.

You have misread my post completely

Have a look at the sentiment in this thread, either blaming the umpires or finger pointing at periods we are not at our best

It will continue, until the group matures and is able to execute better for 4 quarters.

Our disposal and decision making lost the game, nothing more, nothing less, no matter the coach

On a positive note, we reached the 100 point barrier again today.

A fair effort considering we only had five goals to half time.

It’s happened three times this year for only one win. Where are the days where 100 points was enough to win a game? :(

Back