Selector's Table Vs Melbourne

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Bulldogs Bermuda triangle, we now have a reasonable sample size of games in 2019 one thing that
is noticeable is the odd man out policy that can isolate fringe players and have them almost fully
dependant on opposition ball to get into the game. We have to play in poor conditions and have to
change our method to bring the fringe players into the game. Otherwise spit swapping the odd man
out will make little difference to our game style or the results. Collingwood have a similar issue at the
moment although there key players are backward of centre or on the wings. Food poisoning at the
moment so will keep the post short between toilet trips.

Big_minnow

Debutant
Apr 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Difficult decisions for the MC this week, thought Williams has been good last two weeks, Duryea excellent.
R. Smith would be the most obvious candidate to go out but i think he deserves an extended run whilst healthy. Would love to see West but not real harm leaving him in the 2s
Just please leave Schace in the side!

Bulldogsnm1

All Australian
Aug 23, 2006
Altona
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
GWS
Gawn concerns me but didnt he mess his ankle up last week? I agree if we can control gawn somewhat we win. Hows sweets ruck work compared to Timmy? I'm just concerned tim will get ministered as even Stanley was getting on top

Sweet hurt himself yesterday and limped off the ground, I don’t think too bad, possibly a corkie. He is a big boy however it would be too big a task to play AFL against the premier ruckman. Hopefully Gawn’s foot will at least hinder him if not stopping him playing. I think English with support from Trengrove would be the best option however the coach will likely go with English with a chop out from Schache / Naughton.

Bulldogsnm1

All Australian
Aug 23, 2006
Altona
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
GWS
Wallis and Jong at least a couple weeks away and I doubt they would break into the side at the moment. Remember Daniel will be back around the same time as when the other two will be ready. Also Morris not ready yet at least another week.

West has to be first in line.

I was super confident we would beat Geelong, however Melbourne is a real tough game for us in that they match up so well against us. Gawn in the ruck could dominate and they have a tough mid field group that will nullify our biggest asset. Their lack of class deliverers though means we will get a lot of chances to attack from defensive part of the ground. I would expect to see us score from the back regularly if we are to win. I would like to see Trengrove be a ruck option later in the game as Melbourne don’t have the Hawkins type player. Perhaps play English deep forward at stages and drop Naughton back, something we could have done when English tired against Grundy.

Looking at the VFL yesterday Morris is a little way off and if there was to be a change, West would be the most likely.

Rourke Smith most likely to be the out although he does give genuine toughness to the group.
Gawn out of the game against Carlton today - why couldn't it be next week?

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What game were you watching mate? Duryea was one of our best last night
Dureya was indeed good last night, but wouldn't have ranked him in our top 15 contributors. I think he is vulnerable not because he underperformed but because he heads a list of players who must play particularly well in order to remain in the squad as Wallis, Daniel, Morris, Liberatore, Gowers, Jong, Dale and West press for selection in the coming weeks. It's bigger picture stuff Braybrook Son...

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The AFL website is using Rhylee West as the poster boy for the "who might be called up" article, and mentioning his birthday this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if it's his week.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As most have said on here Morris needs to stay in the 2s another week or two to rebuild his match fitness, still on limited game time. Wallis should have another two games in the vfl. Dale had a great game but he has been hot and cold all year. Would like to see him play 3 quality games in a row before he comes back into consideration. Libba will return through the vfl aswell I imagine. West seems the likely inclusion if there was going to be an unforced change

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Will Libba be back in time for finals?
Libba will have a fitness test this week. We face the proposition of having Morris, Wallis and Libba all available this week, while Daniel and Gowers will also be back shortly...

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
To all those calling for Roarke to be dropped, against Geelong he had lots of involvements, they just didn't turn into stats.

Sometimes, its the things that Champion Data doesn't record that are important.

Back