Autopsy vs St Kilda // Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt a bit sorry for Richo with Lethlean hovering around, looking over his shoulder every time they showed a shot of the Saints coaches box, he's not an assistant coach is he ?

About as uncomfortable as I feel with him hanging around our Auskick each Saturday morning.

He’s not an asst coach, no.

Thompson needs to play a lot better next week
McKay is ready to take his spot otherwise
Once Thompson was released from Bruce, he did what he does best. Patrolled the D50, took some good intercept marks.

If McKay is replacing anyone, I think it's Durds. Thommo safe as houses.

Whoever it was in the game day thread that said they would judge Shaw based on the 3rd Q was pretty spot on. After a very forgettable 2nd Q it was nice for us to arm wrestle the game back into our favour. Sure it wasn't the absolute smashing that it looked like being at Quarter time but to absorb the pressure and still win fairly comfortably is a pretty decent litmus test in my books :thumbsu:

About as uncomfortable as I feel with him hanging around our Auskick each Saturday morning.

He’s not an asst coach, no.

Just how many prominent AFL figures do you meet at Auskick TT?? I'm not fully convinced that you're not some sort of conglomerate of about 10 different posters merged into one omnipotent moderator.

BT really is a squib, today was the stillest day i have seen for ages and he banged on about the breeze on the replay flat out, hes such a C*&^.

Good game, aint's supporters were leaving at 3 quarter time, i didnt realise how mouthy they were.

I was at the ground and no breeze to speak of and yes I made the observation several times on the game day thread the saints supporters are massive sooks, * em!

Last edited:

-Learnt from the GWS game how to approach Hobart
-use of Cunners smart
- switched Tarrant to Bruce when needed

Shaw gets it
Also that presser is gold. Says Larkey should be rising star nom, says Cunners should get a fine. Love it
Call it how it is not generic bullshit like “powers that be”

Shaw beats the Bombers and I'll start to really consider it

Simpkin if he is not already will be an elite inside midfielder. I fu**en told youse
FG was it you who called it that he was an inside mid? credit where credits due mate
Brown runs 16km, most of any player on the ground

Tarrant 19 sprint efforts, most of any player on the ground
Goldi had a good game if not a great one however when he kicked it into the man on the mark and turned it over at half forward, Bruce marked it to kick his 6th and Tarrant gave an Archer like spray to Todd.
And rightfully so. Kicking into the man on the mark is u10 type s**t.
Glad Robbie let him know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FG was it you who called it that he was an inside mid? credit where credits due mate

Goldi had a good game if not a great one however when he kicked it into the man on the mark and turned it over at half forward, Bruce marked it to kick his 6th and Tarrant gave an Archer like spray to Todd.
And rightfully so. Kicking into the man on the mark is u10 type s**t.
Glad Robbie let him know.

I didn’t like Goldie trying to shoot for goal from 55m either. He should know his limitations better than that.

Goldy beyond elite in the first, especially with hitouts to advantage, but *only* good for the other 3 quarters.

We joke about Bruce being the Kerridge personified, but good heavens he looked genuinely fantastic out there and hopefully for him he isn't simply retracing Kozy's footsteps where he had an elite month and then turned back into a battler.

Jy has exceeded every single expectation I had for him as a player.

Cunnington dealt incredibly well with the close tag this time, slightly worried about his proclivity for running gut shots and there were one or two other times where he almost faced off with blokes ala the Bernie Vince incident.

JZ's goal kicking is well and truly settled, and he is looking both fitter and stronger than ever. Running well and laying solid hits and tackles. Keeping his feet so much more too, especially on a day where blokes slipped left right and centre.

Taz is in AA best form. End of.

Almost universally good signs yesterday considering just how intense St Kilda played in the second and third. My only concern was that when they really got in our face a lot of blokes stopped communicating properly and our structures sagged. Noticeably a lot of aerial contests were butchered by not talking.

Oh please, how quickly we forget! These are all worthy Kerridge games, but Ryan Nyhuis has them all covered with half an eye closed behind his back. He will, in all likelihood, never be surpassed.

Nyhuis lives in Ian Perrie's shadow mate.

Also, Bruce is a good player. Would be very good in a functioning forward line.

BT really is a squib, today was the stillest day i have seen for ages and he banged on about the breeze on the replay flat out, hes such a C*&^.

Good game, aint's supporters were leaving at 3 quarter time, i didnt realise how mouthy they were.
Are you serious?

There was no wind?

For those critical of Scooter I think Bruce was simply a bad match up for him. Bruce has a massive size advantage and couldn’t have been playing much better than he did. Hell he even outbodied Taz on the lead at one point.

Scooter was excellent once the change was made and seemed to mark everything that came his way in the last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back