Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS just relax and enjoy the win and permit the positivity after a really good result. It isn’t a rule that we or the board have to be belligerently negative 100% of the time. Seriously what is the point of following a team if you can’t enjoy a win like that? Stop looking for something to be s**tty about.

Get your hand off it. There is a difference between celebrating the win (which I did) and being completely over the top about it which one of our board members is. There is a complete lack of perspective with blind Hinkley supporters anytime we beat a team that isn't Carlton. Beating Adelaide is great at anytime but also realise they are quite an ordinary team.

It was so nice watching a Showdown where we weren't outcoached. I almost forgot what that felt like.

To be honest (and I said this in the match day thread) I'm not sure exactly what he did but geez I liked it.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is true. We were out coached for half and got lucky on their scoring efficiency on some easy shots but for once changed it up and took the chance in the second half.

Get your hand off it. There is a difference between celebrating the win (which I did) and being completely over the top about it which one of our board members is. There is a complete lack of perspective with blind Hinkley supporters anytime we beat a team that isn't Carlton. Beating Adelaide is great at anytime but also realise they are quite an ordinary team.
FFS

Interested to hear what it would take for Ken to win you over. Is it a flag or nothing?
There is nothing. Every moment he remains at our club is a travesty.

There is no chance for him to win me over because he has exhausted all chances I was prepared to give. Everything from here is a stolen moment and can hold no merit.

He’s a carpetbagger that won’t leave my house, and no deal on steak knives will make it better.

Ken can * off promptly

There is nothing. Every moment he remains at our club is a travesty.

There is no chance for him to win me over because he has exhausted all chances I was prepared to give. Everything from here is a stolen moment and can hold no merit.

He’s a carpetbagger that won’t leave my house, and no deal on steak knives will make it better.

Ken can fu** off promptly

“Betcha weren’t saying this when we beat the Dees... Eagles... Cats... Tingles (pending)”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Hinkley gone as much as the next muppet. But this thing where posters claim to have seen the influence of Schofield / Monty / whoever the most recently hired assistant is when we win, and go stacks on Hinkley and the longest serving assistants when we lose is just such utter horse s**t.

I want Hinkley gone as much as the next muppet. But this thing where posters claim to have seen the influence of Schofield / Monty / whoever the most recently hired assistant is when we win, and go stacks on Hinkley and the longest serving assistants when we lose is just such utter horse s**t.
Exactly. If Ken delivers us finals this year after losing two of our top 5 players in the off season that’s a big win for him and for us. I certainly didn’t expect us to be capable of knocking sides like Geelong, West Coast, and Adelaide off.

My issue with Ken is that every season he’s coached has pretty much been “will we make finals? We should but who knows lol” his inability to coach a consistent side is frustrating and is a common theme every year.

Yep, fully agree. Absolving him of responsibility for wins also absolves him of responsibility for losses. He's a 7 year head coach and ultimately it's on him at this point.

Exactly. If Ken delivers us finals this year after losing two of our top 5 players in the off season that’s a big win for him and for us. I certainly didn’t expect us to be capable of knocking sides like Geelong, West Coast, and Adelaide off.

My issue with Ken is that every season he’s coached has pretty much been “will we make finals? We should but who knows lol” his inability to coach a consistent side is frustrating and is a common theme every year.
Yep agreed. It's not about wanting him gone just when we lose, this is an accumulation of things in particular over the last 4 years.
Selections, game style and structures.

There is something very different how this team is being managed of late. Not sure if it's the influence of the assistants where they are working better with Ken, or just a coincidence.

The club must think very hard before they extend Ken again, we can only judge him on his results over his tenure and so far it's a fail.

Last edited:
Just about every thread is a sack Hinkley thread. It permeates everything,
Ask yourself why there is an overwhelming desire to sack Hinkley among Port supporters who post on HumongousSherrin.

Saturday night was a great win and to completely smash the Camry Crows after The Big Texan™'s goal to start the second half was a big turn around mentally for this team. SOP in that situation is for the players to go into their shells and go from being in front at half time to an embarrassing loss. So credit to the players and the coaching staff. It was great to not be out coached by the Vanilla Pyklett for once.

But what Saturday night's win highlighted was the potential that this team has. A potential that we are only seeing realised infrequently under Hinkley's coaching and a potential that a stubborn and largely clueless Hinkley has pissed up against the wall.

So while the occasional unexpected win is enough to keep the Kool-Aid quaffers happy with Hinkley the pattern of behaviour over the past five seasons makes many, myself included, want to see him gone.

Ask yourself why there is an overwhelming desire to sack Hinkley among Port supporters who post on HumongousSherrin.

Saturday night was a great win and to completely smash the Camry Crows after The Big Texan™'s goal to start the second half was a big turn around mentally for this team. SOP in that situation is for the players to go into their shells and go from being in front at half time to an embarrassing loss. So credit to the players and the coaching staff. It was great to not be out coached by the Vanilla Pyklett for once.

But what Saturday night's win highlighted was the potential that this team has. A potential that we are only seeing realised infrequently under Hinkley's coaching and a potential that a stubborn and largely clueless Hinkley has pissed up against the wall.

So while the occasional unexpected win is enough to keep the Kool-Aid quaffers happy with Hinkley the pattern of behaviour over the past five seasons makes many, myself included, want to see him gone.
where can I find humongous sherrin to have read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back