Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
where can I find humongous sherrin to have read?

humongous = big
sherrin = footy

*I'm yet to have my coffee this morning so forgive me if I've missed some subtle sarcasm along the way.

People often credit Richardson and Walsh for 13 & 14, particularly Walsh. Hinkley, Voss and Bassett - years '15 to '18 were crap, sh*t footy to watch and no winning finals. Of course I'm going to credit Schoey and Monty.
Or maybe it was Nicks, or Lade, or maybe most of us actually have no idea, cos WTF can you tell about individual coaches' influence from outside the club?

But at the end of the day the buck stops with one man.

Or maybe it was Nicks, or Lade, or maybe most of us actually have no idea, cos WTF can you tell about individual coaches' influence from outside the club?

But at the end of the day the buck stops with one man.

Exactly right. The only reason people are speculating that the new assistants are having a big say in how we are playing currently is because of the rumours of a rift between Hinkley/Schofield and some animated discussion between Hinkley/Montgomery.

For me, the thing that stood out was Ken's demeanour after the Geelong victory. He played it down and said it was a tough week because he dropped two senior players. Of course this is speculation but it felt to me as though he wasn't completely in control of that situation.

Perhaps Hinkley is a slow learner, but now it has clicked and he is learning to delegate, as a head coach should?
There seems to be more communication in the box now.
I hope this is the turning point.
Even though I am as frustrated with his failures as others on here, I still want him to succeed and bring us a Premiership.
I will be happy to be proven wrong if he does achieve that.
I think people like IliasM and certain others would rather be proven right at all costs and that is an ego thing.

Perhaps Hinkley is a slow learner, but now it has clicked and he is learning to delegate, as a head coach should?
There seems to be more communication in the box now.
I hope this is the turning point.
Even though I am as frustrated with his failures as others on here, I still want him to succeed and bring us a Premiership.
I will be happy to be proven wrong if he does achieve that.
I think people like IliasM and certain others would rather be proven right at all costs and that is an ego thing.
I agree with what you said.
I look at some of the posts and shake my head. No one here knows what's goes on in the coaches box etc.
Two plus two does not equal five.

Yep agreed. It's not about wanting him gone just when we lose, this is an accumulation of things in particular over the last 4 years.
Selections, game style and structures.

There is something very different how this team is being managed of late. Not sure if it's the influence of the assistants where they are working better with Ken, or just a coincidence.

The club must think very hard before they extend Ken again, we can only judge him on his results over his tenure and so far it's a fail.
The question now is if Ken has been read the riot act and had given his assistants more control is the start of a Bomber Thompson style turn around (on field) whereby the changed dynamic leads us to success or is it a minor bounce before he returns to form?

Can Ken handle than changed dynamic?

Can the frictions be controlled long enough for us to get success?

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I mean, it's not like we didn't produce 3-4 games of scintillating football every year from 2015-2018. Our best football was right up there in 2015 and 2017 in particular. It's always been about consistency with this team and this coach. The main thing I like about Schofield and Montgomery is that they are Port Adelaide people and might be half a chance of bringing some much needed winner wolf culture back to the group rather than the Geelong handbagger culture we've slipped into over the last few years.

Exactly. If Ken delivers us finals this year after losing two of our top 5 players in the off season that’s a big win for him and for us. I certainly didn’t expect us to be capable of knocking sides like Geelong, West Coast, and Adelaide off.

My issue with Ken is that every season he’s coached has pretty much been “will we make finals? We should but who knows lol” his inability to coach a consistent side is frustrating and is a common theme every year.

Sorry but Polly was not in our top 5 players, your deluded if you think that. Wingard when switched on yes was a top 5 player, but he was frightfully inconsistent lash year.

I mean, it's not like we didn't produce 3-4 games of scintillating football every year from 2015-2018. Our best football was right up there in 2015 and 2017 in particular. It's always been about consistency with this team and this coach. The main thing I like about Schofield and Montgomery is that they are Port Adelaide people and might be half a chance of bringing some much needed winner wolf culture back to the group rather than the Geelong handbagger culture we've slipped into over the last few years.
We played a half of football against hawthorn in 2015 which was about the best football I've ever seen.

We missed the finals and the Hawks won the flag that year.

The question now is if Ken has been read the riot act and had given his assistants more control is the start of a Bomber Thompson style turn around (on field) whereby the changed dynamic leads us to success or is it a minor bounce before he returns to form?

Can Ken handle than changed dynamic?

Can the frictions be controlled long enough for us to get success?

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Good point.
Sometimes it's personalities that clash, or like here on BF we all see things differently at times. Can they all work together in harmony, who know's.

Montgomery in particular seems to have very strong personality and likes to get his point across, can Ken handle that is another thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played a half of football against hawthorn in 2015 which was about the best football I've ever seen.

We missed the finals and the Hawks won the flag that year.

Don’t forget, we also completely outplayed them at Marvel despite being 10/1 underdogs.

• Wingard 20 & 4
• S Gray 34 & 1
• Ryder 40 HO
• Hartlett 26 & 1
• Ah Chee 25 & 1
• Pittard 27 & 10 marks
• Boak 30
• Robbie 34 & 4 goal assists
• Monfries & Schulz 3 each
• Neade (Neade!) 2

Aaaaand we went on September holidays while our opponents completed their threepeat because we were also beaten by the wooden spooners, 17th-placed Brisbane and the traumatised Crows.

If we don’t capitalise soon this will be the greatest waste of talent of all time.

Good point.
Sometimes it's personalities that clash, or like here on BF we all see things differently at times. Can they all work together in harmony, who know's.

Montgomery in particular seems to have very strong personality and likes to get his point across, can Ken handle that is another thing.

Have heard Monty is hard work inside the box (but was before our gig - its a known thing).

Mm, could be just what we need, no ******* around.

I guess you have to look at it like this - Ken was similar when we first started with him - and why hasn't Monty landed a senior job yet?

How will people feel if Hinkley walks to Carlton, ends up winning a flag and we end up languishing mid table?

(just playing devils advocate) as a week is a long time in footy.

How will people feel if Hinkley walks to Carlton, ends up winning a flag and we end up languishing mid table?
How will people feel when Jesus descends from heaven and casts all non-Crows supporters into hell?

Happy with this ,so long as he keep them isolated from everyone else
Exactly.

Hinkley will not lead any AFL team to a premiership before Port wins one, but I’d immediately take the infinitesmal chance of it happening if it meant he’d * off right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back