news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Twitter talk suggesting it's McGregor.

tenor.gif

Nothing but verbals.

Khabib doesn't wanna do anything stupid before Abu Dhabi and Diaz continuing to plant seeds in the hope to getting this fight.

I'd like to see it....that's a fight Nate can win if it went to rounds 4 & 5.
Yeah I think tony and Nate are the only ones who come even close to beating khabib. I Would be interested to see if Nate can even still make 155. His last two fights against Conor were at 170 it’s probably been years since he weighed in at lightweight.

Nothing but verbals.

Khabib doesn't wanna do anything stupid before Abu Dhabi and Diaz continuing to plant seeds in the hope to getting this fight.

I'd like to see it....that's a fight Nate can win if it went to rounds 4 & 5.

Nate's been taken down and controlled by good wrestlers in the past. I think Khabib makes it look easy if Nate does get that fight. The only chance Nate has if he can goad Khabib in to a striking match and even then he's not exactly a one punch KO threat.

Nate's been taken down and controlled by good wrestlers in the past. I think Khabib makes it look easy if Nate does get that fight. The only chance Nate has if he can goad Khabib in to a striking match and even then he's not exactly a one punch KO threat.
I could see Nate surviving a few rounds of being taken down and then beating him with a volume of strikes and possibly tko late in the fight. He has the endurance to go the distance with him but I think he would have to get the finish otherwise khabib would outpoint him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see Nate surviving a few rounds of being taken down and then beating him with a volume of strikes and possibly tko late in the fight. He has the endurance to go the distance with him but I think he would have to get the finish otherwise khabib would outpoint him

Possibly. History suggests that he's been pretty useless under good top pressure. Henderson, Guida and Stephenson are all wrestlers who have felt comfortable taking him down and controlling him. Khabib is a much better grappler than all of them. I think to beat Khabib you really need one punch KO power which is why I think Dustin is a good chance against him.

Plus it's probably the best fight he can get financially without fighting McGregor.

Also in terms of this potential match up - where Nate can get him is in the later rounds of a 5 round fight. I've noticed in Khabib's recent fights he has a rest round in rounds 3 or 4 in which he'll stand and jab through out that round. He gets away with it because 1. he's good at hiding his fatigue (some fighters are no good and have poor body language when they're tired....ie McGregor, Lee) and 2. his opponents are so physically and mentally beaten in the early rounds they're expecting the take down any second. Khabib's dominate style is taxing on his body....it's probably one of the reasons why his had quite a few injuries.

Look back at the 3rd round of Khabib/McGregor.....fight is on the feet and McGregor probably gets that round on points. But at that stage his already beaten 'n' tired and can't land anything that's gonna trouble Khabib.

I could be very wrong.

I hope this fight happens...I really wanna see it.

Gaethje vs. Cerrone - UFC FN Vancouver - Sept. 14th

Yes. We love wild fights.

giphy.gif
Where did you see Gaethje? I saw the Cerrone post but yet to see an opponent named.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back